New Trivia Thread!

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

BUMP, theres a few that still need answers.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

Warmark wrote:Grrr i cant rmember his name.

Is it Drinshok, or something similar?
Drishinok I think.

Thranathiril
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

the little girl was with her family on a picnic (Easter?) and her dad yelled or smacked her so she ran away.

Drinishock i think is correct.
Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Just found this thread, awesome TCTC knowledge being demonstrated here. Hope I don't repeat anything from previously:

Sunder was son of Nassic, but can you name Nassic's father and grandfather? From whom did they originally descend?
"I desire to be understood"
Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Where do the Elohim threaten to banish the Haruchai to if they do not comply in TOT?
Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Name any of the Waynhim of Hamako's rhysh who give their blood to aid Covenant's journey to Revelstone in 'Blood-speed'?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Good questions!
Herem wrote:Name any of the Waynhim of Hamako's rhysh who give their blood to aid Covenant's journey to Revelstone in 'Blood-speed'?
Dhurisitar (sp?)
Sunder was son of Nassic, but can you name Nassic's father and grandfather? From whom did they originally descend?
Jous was one of them, can't remember the exact relationship.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Sunder son of Nassic son of Prassan son of Jous.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Spot-on, Variol-son! But who was their distant ancestor?

dhurhitsar was indeed one of the Waynhim, anyone remember any of the others? For extra points, can you name the Waynhim that Covenant redeemed from the trap that was set for him by the Sunbane-warped people of During Stonedown? A clue...begins with a d.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

It was actually Jous then Prassan as I read today, and they were all descended from the Unfettered One, who foresaw Covenant's return and the SunBane.

Don't remember the name of the redeemed Waynhim however.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

dhraga was the Waynhim redeemed by Covenant.

Others include durhisitar, ghramin, ghoritsar, vraith, dhurng, dhubha.

Here's one...what was the name of the Elohim that Linden and Daphin encounter in Elemnesdene ?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Morninglight.

What is the name of Trevor and Loerya's youngest daughter?

Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Absolutely right, VS! :)

You've stumped me there, I know the answer is in TPTP but can't think of it off the top of my head - anyone else?
Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Still can't think of the answer to that last one...determined not to look it up!

How about this:

What is the connection between the following names?

Riddenstretch
Emacrimma's Maw
Consecar Redoin

Slightly obscure, possibly....
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

They're all areas Covenant ran through on the way to Revelstone in TWL??

BTW, I always loved that name Emmacrimma's Maw... but what's a name like that doing in the Land? Sounds like it should be somewhere in Arkansas :-)
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

Not too obscure for you, Relayer! :)

Your turn with the questions...

Spot on. There are loads of other names in this part ('Blood-speed') of TWL. I wracked my brains trying to remember if these names had been mentioned at any previous point in the 1st Chronicles, and don't think they were, with the possible exception of Andelainscion.

It seemed a bit odd that Covenant remembered them all, unless they were just told to him in passing in LFB and it wasn't deemed worthy of inclusion in the book. Another possibility is that the Waynhim power somehow connected him the Earthpower latent in these areas, and allowed him to 'remember' names he had never heard before. I'm not too sure about this given the known incompatibility of Demondim-spawn lore and Earthpower/Law though.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

variol son wrote:What is the name of Trevor and Loerya's youngest daughter?
I'll give you a hint - it starts with "Y".

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Another possibility is that the Waynhim power somehow connected him the Earthpower latent in these areas, and allowed him to 'remember' names he had never heard before. I'm not too sure about this given the known incompatibility of Demondim-spawn lore and Earthpower/Law though.
This is actually the only explanation for how Covenant knows the names of these areas that makes sense. Along with Waynhim power, he gained knowledge as well.
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Another possibility is that the Waynhim power somehow connected him the Earthpower latent in these areas, and allowed him to 'remember' names he had never heard before. I'm not too sure about this given the known incompatibility of Demondim-spawn lore and Earthpower/Law though.
This is actually the only explanation for how Covenant knows the names of these areas that makes sense. Along with Waynhim power, he gained knowledge as well.
Agreed. I look at it more as gaining the knowledge rather than connecting w/ the Earthpower in those regions. Somehow it translated from Waynhim lore and language to names TC could understand.

Can't think of any good questions right now... I'll defer to Variol Son's yet unanswered question.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Herem
Stonedownor

Post by Herem »

The encounter with Hamako and the Waynhim is one of my favourite parts of TWL, and sets up the battle in the frozen North of WGW, again one of the most powerful scenes in the Chronicles.

I think Trevor and Loerya's daughter is called Yona, or something like that....

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”