Hey...

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

My friends have pretty much stopped playing with me. They just don't understand how spending 8 hours of your life on a board game over and over again could be beneficial.

Idiots.

I still prefer the traditional, original game. There are so many intricate strategies... Although I still have some problems with the math of when to buy what and how much.

I can see why they made a europe version. While dealing in europe is a huge headache, the fact that it's so small on the board, compared to how much of the conflict actually took place there.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

JemCheeta wrote:My friends have pretty much stopped playing with me. They just don't understand how spending 8 hours of your life on a board game over and over again could be beneficial.
I tried to join a boardgame club late last year and was told no one plays AA, or boardgames that take longer than an hour to play. That sort of stunned me. I mean, what is it you like? Short board games or quality ones?
JemCheeta wrote:Although I still have some problems with the math of when to buy what and how much.
I was playing Samurai Swords (Shogun) a month ago and spent more time doing stat calculations in my head than actual grand strategies.
JemCheeta wrote:I can see why they made a europe version. While dealing in europe is a huge headache, the fact that it's so small on the board, compared to how much of the conflict actually took place there.
I prefer Europe, though it's a pain to play German as you're up against three players. It's disheartening.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

I don't think a boardgame is worth playing if it takes less than 3 hours or the rules aren't at least 30 pages long. I enjoy a kind of fun Lovecraft game called Arkham Horror, where it's co-op players versus a mythical creature from beyond.

I guess Settlers of Catan is good for a game that you can finish fairly rapidly. Have you tried that one?
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

JemCheeta wrote:I don't think a boardgame is worth playing if it takes less than 3 hours or the rules aren't at least 30 pages long. I enjoy a kind of fun Lovecraft game called Arkham Horror, where it's co-op players versus a mythical creature from beyond.
I ordered that last year, and it took ages to arrive. I cancelled it. Shame, really.
JemCheeta wrote:I guess Settlers of Catan is good for a game that you can finish fairly rapidly. Have you tried that one?
I tried an online version of that game and was dumbfounded. :lol:
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Resource management and bargaining. There's a really heavy amount of analysis you can put into it.

Are there any other online strategy games you've played? I would be interested in getting ahold of one.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

JemCheeta wrote:Resource management and bargaining. There's a really heavy amount of analysis you can put into it.

Are there any other online strategy games you've played? I would be interested in getting ahold of one.
There's an email-based game of Axis and Allies, which would be great to play.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Back to the ABC entries:

Xbox not needed for playing any version of Axis and Allies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_%26_Allies
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Hey...

Post by sgt.null »

math is hard
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”