April 15th Release Date for A Feast for Crows

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

Brinn
S.P.O.W

April 15th Release Date for A Feast for Crows

Post by Brinn »

I was just in my local Waldenbooks today and the gentleman who checked me out noticed my selection. I was purchasing A Game of Thrones and Illearth War as I had misplaced my copies or lent them out and never got them back. Anyway...He was apparently a huge Martin fan and told me how much I wa going to enjoy the book. I told him that I had already read the series and was just filling in a lost copy. He then proceeded to tell me that he was very excited as the release date for A Feast for Crows (AFFC) was March 31st. I was astonished to hear this! I asked him if he was certain and he proceeded to call another employee over who confirmed that the release date was in the very near future. Employee #2 then went to the in-store computer and after a few keystrokes said that it was not coming out March 31st but April 15th. He said that they had been taking pre-orders for the books so I put my name down.

When I arrived home I did a search on the Web and have not found any confirmation of this date. Can it be true???? I certainly hope so but if any of you can either confirm or deny this I would appreciate it. Thanks!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

There is no actual release date yet, to my understanding. The best guess at this time is sometime in the fall. or even the winter..for updates on this matter, please consult the author's websitewww.georgerrmartin.com
He promises to update his website the moment he is done writing the book... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Love as thou wilt.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Brinn I really think that guy is pulling ur leg! In the meantime join our Group Read of ASOS in the Hangar--we're already up 2 chapt. 5!
fall far and well Pilots!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I new it was too good to be true. Ah well...The wait continues! :cry:
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

For what it's worth, amazon.com says the release date is September.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

For what it's worth, this guy--not sure if he's credible--named George R. R. Martin said Amazon's basically full of it, making up a date like that... George further said he’s basically not even done writing it yet. Hmm. I’m trying, but I can’t connect this Martin character with Feast for Crows. Oh well *scratches head* I’m dumb. :roll:
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

In the meantime, Brinn, a bit of AFFC has been published in the March edition of Dragon magazine. I found mine at Barnes and Noble not so long ago.
Love as thou wilt.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

My Barnes & Noble didn't have that Dragon issue. :(
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Actually, the March issue has Arms of the Cracken and the April issue is supposed to have the RPG rules for Westeros gaming. I'm not into RPG, but I might track that one down, too, just in case they reveal any more spoilies. :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I lost track of where to find that kind of stuff, aside from Barnes & Noble. TSR's headquarters, years ago, used to be a few miles up the road in Lake Geneva, Wi. Where they are at now, I've got no idea. I knew a couple of hobby shops in the area, but they are long gone. :?
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Did you ever find it, Damelon? Want me to send you a PM of spoilys or anything? :?
Love as thou wilt.

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

This month's April edition of Dragon is supposed to have a huge interview with Martin, great maps of Westeros, and the RPG rules for a gaming system. It's being called the special Westeros issue or something like that.***sigh*** It's not like I need to an excuse to haunt the local bookstores anyway. :roll: :lol: :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'm going to make another hunt for it this week when I'm out by the B&N in Rockford. |H
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Well, I found this month's April edition and nothing about Westeros OR Martin in that puppy! I'm going to have to run over to ASOIAF tonight and see if it's the May edition that's the Westeros edition! So don't waste your time, Damelon! (Though I don't think a trip to a bookstore will ever be a waste of YOUR time!) :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I for one hope it takes a little longer to come out so that I can join the discussions. I'm still on Clash of Kings!
The King has one more move.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I was going to send this as a PM to Damelon, but I thought maybe some other people might like this, too...
Here is a link to order back issues of Dragon magazine. The one with Arms of the Kraken is March, 2003. www.paizo.com

And, of course, you probably all know about the collectible card game? You can check that out at www.agameofthrones.com
I actually haven't gotten into that. I spend enough of my money on Yu-Gi-Oh cards right now! :roll: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

You and my son would have a lot to talk about. He loves Yu-Gi-Oh!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Both of my sons! :roll: :roll:

But you know, seeing the pictures on the cards, Ned Stark is goodlooking. I never thought of him as being studly...though he does have all of those children. :wink: Lady Cat obviously must think he's all that! :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

You know, there is a cartoon about it. I myself don't know much about Yu-Gi-Oh.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I found the May, 2003 issure of Dragon, yesterday, the special "Song of Dice and Fire" issue. There is this great poster of the map of Westeros as a centerfold, and an interview with Martin.
Martin has very high praise for Tolkein. I always love it when one master praises another. :D
I think magic should be magical. It should be mysterious and wondrous. You see it and your eyes...glow.
The bad fantasy treats wizards and other supernatural creatures almost like super heros. they're flying around, they have powers, they have magic this and magic that. Gandalf and Saruman, their power is knowledge. They know history. They know lore. They know ancient truth that other people have forgotten, but you don't see them doing a lot of on-stage magic.
The cover of the magazine shows the Priestess Melisandre. :evil: There are also articles outlining military campaigns in the North and at King's Landing, that have a lot of history, definitions, etc. of Westeros in general. :D :D :D :D
Last edited by duchess of malfi on Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”