Games You're Eagerly Awaiting

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Brutal Legend.

There's a 15 minute video preview up on the CAD comic site. It's a fantasy rock-star hack-n-slash, the main character is voiced by Jack Black (and looks like him, too), and your guitar shoots lightning... frakkin' awsome :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I just discovered this:

Fighting Fantasy first-person RPG for DS

It's a shame it's based on The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, one of the most generic books and easily the most uninteresting setting. If it had been based on something weird and difficult like Black Vein Prophecy or Creature of Havoc, it could have been superb. As it is...I'll probably get it if the reviews are mediocre or above, simply because I grew up with Fighting Fantasy.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Yay - a new Mechwarrior is coming out!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rigel wrote:Yay - a new Mechwarrior is coming out!
Wow . . . .www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl4eI3htAuA
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Here's a great interview about it:
pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

They really want to make information warfare a big part of the game (sending out scouts, the unmanned drone you see in the video, hiding, jamming radar, etc).

Plus, it's a return the simulator style versus the MechAssault games that ended the series. I'm sorry, but if I'm piloting a 100 ton mech, I don't want it to feel like an arcade game.

All in all, I'm really happy about this :)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

This could be intriguing if it delivers on its spy RPG promises: Alpha Protocol. It's from Obsidian (responsible for KOTOR 2 and NWN 2), so the pedigree is good.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

The Batman: Arkham Asylum demo is out. Frakkin' awesome :)
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

Mech5's graphics look great...and I like the 'info' emphasis too...but it still looks like Rockemsockem with missiles...not enough mobility seems to be the problem still not handled...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Eagerness for Mass Effect 2 is growing. Check out the all-star voice cast.
BioWare today announced its celebrity voice cast for the upcoming sci-fi shooter-RPG, Mass Effect 2 and it includes big name stars like Martin Sheen ("The West Wing", "Apocalypse Now"), 2009 Emmy Award-winner Shohreh Aghdashloo ("House of Saddam", "24", "Flashforward"), comedic actor Seth Green ("Austin Powers"), "Chuck" stars Yvonne Strahovski and Adam Baldwin, Keith David ("Crash") and sci-fi favorites Michael Dorn ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") Tricia Helfer ("Battlestar Galactica"), Michael Hogan ("Battlestar Galactica") and Carrie-Anne Moss ("The Matrix"). Wow, now that's a lot of talent!
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

I'm interested in Dante's Inferno and Dust 514 the Eve Online first person shooter. Fable3 and AVP3 I am waiting to see how the demos play when available. Red Dead Redemption out of Rockstar will most likely take up my multi-player GTA4 addiction.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Bad Company 2 is out tomorrow. I'm tempted to squeal.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

www.civilization5.com/

One more turn... one more turn...
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

From The Escapist's review of Alan Wake:
my single greatest problem with the game is that I'll only get to play it for the first time once. The mystery of Bright Falls will only stay a mystery for so long, because eventually the game will end and the truth will be revealed. Rarely is a game's story told as well as it is in Alan Wake, and like all great tales, you can't help but be a little heartbroken when you've heard all there is to hear
That one bit clinched it for me. I hadn't heard much about this game; after reading the above, I quit reading the review (it said it contains spoilers, and I want nothing spoiled), and looked up a trailer for it.

Found one on XBox Marketplace

And I must say, I am loving the look of this game. It's like something out of a Steven King novel (you know, those things that are really good, as opposed to the movies based on them which are usually crap). Hopefully this will reignite storytelling in videogames.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Rigel wrote:www.civilization5.com/

One more turn... one more turn...
I'm looking forward to this more than you could possibly imagine!

Also, Diablo 3.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

D3 is looking hot I must say.

--A
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm frustratedly awaiting news on Homefront. I enjoyed Frontlines: Fuel of War. I thought it was an overlooked gem, with a few noticable flaws. Homefront is the next game by Kaos, and it should be a huge leap on from Frontlines. Sadly, there has been no change in months.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Fallout New Vegas is something I'm looking forward to as well.

I loved Fallout 3 and can't wait to lose another few weeks of my life to the next game in the series.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Nathan wrote:Fallout New Vegas is something I'm looking forward to as well.

I loved Fallout 3 and can't wait to lose another few weeks of my life to the next game in the series.
Same.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

With all the reports coming out of E3, Friggin' Rock Band 3.

Not only are they adding a fucking keytar to the mix (!!!), but they are making the guitars into either practically a guitar with 102 fret buttons and strings instead of a strum bar, but also releasing a guitar that can be plugged into an amp afterward (or while playing RB3). The drums are getting cymbals too, at last. And better still, you can still play with all of your old RB instruments and don't have to buy new equipment if you don't want, though you'll miss out on the "Pro" feature of more or less playing the real thing.
I'm excited about the keyboard added to the mix (can be sat on a flat surface or you can strap it up as a keytar, and it works as a MIDI keyboard as well, as does the non-fully stringed guitar will work as a MIDI device), as I think that alone would add new blood to what is quickly becoming a stale genre, but the guitar bits are what really interest me. I seem to do really well with video games getting me motivated to do things...for example, exercise. And I've spent a heap of time with the drums and guitars with Rock Band, and I keep saying that I'll stop with the toy guitars and move on the acoustic guitar I have collecting dust when I find the time. But now I'm thinking this could be a good teaching tool, or at least give a feel for the real thing by playing a fakebook version of these songs. The pro-mode seems to have difficulty levels as well, from starting will single string picks to chords, to whatever else. So yeah...that'll get me started on learning the real thing.

And no, I am not an employee of Harmonix. I'm just a pumped fan.

Meanwhile, Guitar Hero annouced no change in the actually instrumentation, but they are adding a Brutal Legend type storyline that you will quest to free some superguitar from a demon or some crap. I know where my money is going.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “PC & Console Games”