Games You're Eagerly Awaiting

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

Fallout 3:
Spoiler
Blowing up a town with a nuke and then getting your own apt for it: Priceless.

Mirror's Edge, looks interesting. Some of the chase scenes over the bulding tops makes me hopeful that someone over at EA is saying HEY, WE CAN USE THIS FOR THE NEXT SPIDERMAN!"
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Sadly, I can't think of anything I'm eagerly awaiting right now.

-jay
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Pokemon Platinum, coming to America on 3.22.09. Will be the first Pokemon I've played since Red.

Dragon Quest V, as well, will be coming to the DS. From what I've heard it's one of the best and a high point of the series. Chrono Trigger on DS will also be tasty. That game is so whole and well-made; feels like four seasons of an excellent, endearing sci-fi TV program. They just don't make games that nuanced or deep anymore.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. *drooool*
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

[quote="Kevin164"]
Spoiler
Blowing up a town with a nuke and then getting your own apt for it: Priceless.
:haha:

Edit: STARCRAFT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Red Faction: Guerilla looks quite fun. Several of my classmates are also looking forward to it :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Rigel wrote:Red Faction: Guerilla looks quite fun. Several of my classmates are also looking forward to it :)
So I got my hands on the demo, and it was such a blast that I actually preordered it. Not bad for a game that I didn't know was in development until a few weeks ago :)

The buildings seem like they fall apart too easily, but given the premise of the game (that sh** blows up), that's understandable.
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

Alien Vs Predator for the Xbox360. It's being worked on by Rebellion the guys who did the first one for the PC.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Two more downloadable content packs are planned - one next month and another one after. The next one adds a large swamp region to the game and the following pack adds an alien mothership (which abducts you). I cannot wait.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Loremaster wrote:Two more downloadable content packs are planned - one next month and another one after. The next one adds a large swamp region to the game and the following pack adds an alien mothership (which abducts you). I cannot wait.
What game?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rigel wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Two more downloadable content packs are planned - one next month and another one after. The next one adds a large swamp region to the game and the following pack adds an alien mothership (which abducts you). I cannot wait.
What game?
:lol: Oops. Fallout 3.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

On the subject of expansions, I heard that GTA IV will have another one named The Ballad of Gay Tony.

God, I hope its true, even if I won't play it :)
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Rigel wrote:Red Faction: Guerilla looks quite fun. Several of my classmates are also looking forward to it :)
It comes out tonight... 6 more hours until I can pick it up, and then two more until I can play it! Aargh... how can I stand waiting?!?!?

(Of course, that's nothing compared to the wait for AATE :)
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

The Last Guardian. Yes folks, this is the new one from Team Ico (Ico and Shadows of the Colossus), and this may be the reason that I will have to buy a PS3. I was so in love with the previous games from this team that I hope this one isn't a let down. From what I am seeing in this footage, my heart is already going out to the bird/cat/rat thing.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The Secret of Monkey Island

To be honest, I'm really not sold on the character designs. Still, I'm eager to see how it turns out.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I love the previous Monkey Island games. I heard about this over the weekend, and got really stoked about it :)

I don't mind the character designs, as they always looked a little funny, but the voices... something about them doesn't seem quite right to me.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Scribblenauts

Not an exciting title, but hear me out.

It could be either the best game in years or a massive disappointment, depending on whether the developers are right about its capabilities.

Observe: www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB1Wnbhlzrs

My concern is that the player needs to know what they're expected to type. Take the invisibilty cloak that appears in that video; what if I typed 'invisibility hat' instead? As a friend pointed out, it's likely that copyrighted material will be absent from the game (so, as he said, no summoning Skeletor) but how thoroughly have other options been accounted for?

If the game can do what the developers claim, it could be a truly remarkable playing experience. If not...it could be the biggest gaming letdown since Bioware cocked up Sonic: Dark Brotherhood (or any other gaming faux pas of your choice). The game's website dares us to think of something they haven't included - a bold dare, and one I plan to take them up on once the game arrives later this year.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Diablo III!!
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Splinter Cell: Conviction (note: I've never played any of its predecessors, but this one looks pretty amazing)

Assassin's Creed 2

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Mass Effect 2

Overlord 2

Left 4 Dead 2
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I'd be all about Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2....if I had a PC that could PLAY them. I lack such a machine. *sob*

Return to “PC & Console Games”