World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm stuck waiting for STUF unit frames to be fixed (it's not updated any more, but people still fix it so it runs), and Tidy Plates. And TSM Crafting, which is a huge pain the ass right now, since I rely on it a lot. It's busted now because all older enchants are having crafting costs calculated with fractions of the actual mats needed. I've had to temporarily switch to using market prices for my min/max and stop crafting old enchants.
Oh, and MoveAnything, because the default cast bar is in a really stupid place that gets covered by every loot or dialogue popup, and the new bag position is too far to the right and covers everything up.

On another subject, how are you finding the in-game changes? Most of my toons seem pretty much the same as before, but I'm a fan of the Marksman Hunter overhaul - feels much better to play, like I have more buttons to press and I'm doing more than just setting up Vulnerable then spamming Aimed Shot.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Hunter-wise, I'm a bit upset about losing Hati. You can't just take away a Beastmaster's companion and expect them to quietly accept it. And insult to injury, I was going through my stable and discovered that my other ghost wolf was missing. I was worried that he'd been randomly removed from the game, but it looks like I just need to make a trip to EPL to get him back. I like the two-pet talent, but I'd like to have Hati at least as an option.

Holy Priest doesn't seem to have changed dramatically - I was trying to set my raid frames up in LFR and didn't end up changing much from my original setup. It will probably require some fine-tuning, but it seems okay for now.

Haven't set up Resto Druid yet - was playing around on Feral a bit and aside from my AoE abilities losing an annoying amount of range, my main complaint is over losing Displacer Beast, because that talent saved my life fairly often, and the replacement is rather mediocre. (Small speed boost, no blink forward.)

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I bit the bullet and set up Shadowed Unit Frames. STUF just barely limps along anyway, with no official support. I'm not a huge fan of how the new setup looks (the class colours are all slightly wrong, the highlighting is weird, etc) but it's close to my old one. Took ages though, and a brief detour where I gave up on it and tried PitBull, only to decide Pitbull was even more annoying to set up.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Turns out that I didn't actually lose my ghost wolf. I have a Hunter with the same name on both Scryers and Garona, and I was sure I'd tamed him on Garona because the one on Scryers is still 100, but no. And apparently Hati is a 'reserved' name, so I can't even make a proper tribute.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Apaprently in the developer Q&A today they suggested they may have Hati show up again in the future. Hopefully not just in the way all these famous NPCs turn up as garrison/order hall followers, though.

I never really had a chance to play with Hati - I created my Hunter with a 100 boost as Marksman, then didn't level him until recently, getting 110 on Tuesday before the patch. I did do the BM Artifact quest while I was levelling earlier this week, and it was probably the best artifact quest chain I've done so far.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It was a great quest chain, but for better or for worse, it established that Titanstrike was more than just a random weapon that could be cast aside when something better came along. At the very least, they could have given us some kind of closure. What has Mimiron been doing for the last two years? He could have been working on a solution.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yesterday I decided to do this puzzle stuff I've been hearing about. I got the Riddler's Mind Worm, summoned Kosumoth the Hungering (only the pet :(), and got the Lucid Nightmare. The last one was pretty fun, I liked the minigames along the way, even if a lot of the puzzle stuff is already solved.

The Endless Halls maze took me almost 3 hours, even knowing all the rules of the map. Still, it felt great when I hit that moment where I realised I knew where the boundaries of the maze were and could draw an accurate map. (Turns out it wasn't entirely accurate, but it worked.)
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Nice. I really want the Lucid Nightmare. I should put that on my list of things to do before next month.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Blizzard broke something and I just lost my entire quest log. I've had some of those quests for years.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I've only had that happen after a faction change, which makes sense. I generally try to clean up my log before the start of a new expac, but I always have a few stragglers that I wouldn't want to lose. That sucks.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was at about 130/250 Embers for the final Firelands legendary quest, which sucks.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Might be worth opening a ticket, if you haven't already. That chain takes forever. I have multiple alts on various stages of Balance of Power, and I'd hate to lose progress, even though they raised the drop rates on most of those items. (Wish they'd make that one account-wide, or at least change it so that whole tier of appearances isn't gated behind it.)

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I did. They can't give back quest progress; all they were able to do was give me a list of all the quests that were abandoned so I can pick them up again. Which turned out to be an incomplete list, as I've already found one quest that they missed.
Started over, and I'm back to 58/250 Embers. Gonna be a while.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Do you already have both mounts from Firelands? I'm still farming the one from Rags, as well as the Druid-only toy that Majordomo Staghelm won't share.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Nope, haven't got either of them yet. In better news I did get the mount from Vortex Pinnacle yesterday.
The only raid mounts I have are Horridon, Midnight, Invincible, and the two Malygos mounts, IIRC. Still farming Firelands, Dragon Soul, Al'Akir, Onyxia, Kael'Thas, and Yogg every week (will probably add Mythic Orgrimmar, Blackrock and Hellfire once I'm 120. ToS and Antorus if they're soloable). Only just started doing some of them on alts, too, which I should've done from the start.

Edit: I forgot Archavon, but now that it's impossible to tell who controls the area or if it's even in progress without actually entering the zone I very rarely bother checking.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I have most of the soloable raid mounts, with the exception of the ones from Dragon Soul, the one from Rags, one from ToT, Elegon, and Invincible. I'm pushing 200 attempts on Invincible. I have every cloth, leather, and mail armor appearance from ICC. I've gotten so many pets that it's become a guild joke that I can't even give them away anymore.

Also don't have any of the 'outdoor' mount drops - either from rares like the TLPD or Aeonaxx, or even the Pandaria world bosses - though it's kinda funny that those bosses consistently have more people camping them now than they ever did at level. I know it's at least partly to do with CRZ, but it's still weird to see 20 people waiting for Galleon to spawn.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Oh yeah, I totally missed out Pandaria before. I do a run on my main every week, four world bosses Ji'Kun and Elegon. Should start doing more toons there too, but it eats up a lot of time with waiting for the bosses to spawn.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Guess what?

MIMIRON'S FUCKING HEAD THAT'S WHAT
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Oooh, grats!

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It will be interesting to see what the economy is like in BfA. Inflation was out of control in Legion, but token prices have been dropping for the last couple of weeks - below 200K for the first time in several months. Wish I knew if the price was going to keep dropping, or if it'll shoot back up when the new items hit the AH.

Return to “PC & Console Games”