World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

G'Huun down today. Took a couple hours but overall easier than Mythrax. Only a few people in the raid have a lot of responsibility for how it goes.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

The video I watched made it look so chaotic. Still curious to see what makes it into the LFR version.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Phase one on the ground is a mess, but the orb runners can finish it very fast and the only thing you're really doing there is managing the amount of damage until the beam kills everything. After that, on normal, people on the ground just stack under the boss and run out with debuffs, super easy. On Heroic you have to spread out and dodge mushrooms.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Trying to decide whether or not to buy a virtual pass to Blizzcon this year. I didn't end up watching much of it last year, and the in-game rewards are rather disappointing this time around.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Generally I feel like you get most of what you need from the opening ceremony announcements, then online summaries of the panels. Think it's only worth it if you want to play the Classic demo, even then it's expensive.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'm a bit conflicted about Classic. On the one hand, I would like to experience it. On the other hand, starting from scratch with no resources has little appeal. Friends have managed to briefly drag me into other games - Rift, Wildstar, STO - and we usually all end up back in WoW full time after a month or so. Seen one starting zone, you've seen them all.

(I think I spent more time playing with the character customization screen in Rift than I did in the actual world. So many options.)

I don't know if this will be different because it is WoW - but I've put so much work into my main account. I can't see myself committing to raiding AQ or MC or any of that. PvP would be interesting, but I burn out pretty quickly on that these days.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Raiding going well. After a couple of weeks at 3/8 Heroic, we downed Vectis on Thursday and killed Zek'voz and Zul today. We're taking a pause and doing a normal run Tuesday, so we can reclear Thurs and get more gear for Mythrax.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

15GB patch downloading at 2MB/sec. What happened to background downloading?

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

So, my Horde guild is going through a bit of a schism, with a new branch on a new server. I started an alt there, and the new GM puts everyone's real name on their guild note. I don't use my real name in WoW, and he knows the name he used isn't my real name, but I feel like it's Facebook all over again where I'm (almost) the only one using an alias. Nobody seems to care, but it feels weird.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

--A
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

My friend, Kaehln, told me he loaded up WoW onto his computer last night. I know he was thinking about it after recently upgrading his computer. If you see his level 90 hunter running around on The Scryers give him a shout out. (I think he's still on that server).
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:So, my Horde guild is going through a bit of a schism, with a new branch on a new server. I started an alt there, and the new GM puts everyone's real name on their guild note. I don't use my real name in WoW, and he knows the name he used isn't my real name, but I feel like it's Facebook all over again where I'm (almost) the only one using an alias. Nobody seems to care, but it feels weird.
so most of the ally side only heard bits and pieces of whatever was going on over there on horde side. the first i knew was that ken didn't want to GL anymore, then something about Baltek and Growlr and...someone else, had taken all their toons out of both ally and horde side, then that they'd either joined another guild on another server or made a new guild themselves on another server. but nobody said why any of this had taken place and since i don't know many of those guys over there, it didn't have much of an affect on me but i DID worry about you and whether you'd migrate with them becuase i know you're friends with most of them. then jo and ken stepped down and handed GLship to CJ and Jesse.

so do you feel weird because you're the only person that doesn't use your real name, or because you think they (whoever they is) thinks YOU'RE weird because you don't use your real name? i mean...<shrug> some people don't like their real names and adopt others (nunny[katzia] has never liked her real name "norma" and went by donna since high school because her mother told her she really wanted to name her donna, we finally convinced her to change it legally a couple of years ago! she's very happy she did.) and some people really want anonimity on the internet for whatever reason, and all of that is totally valid. you use the name you want to use and don't let anyone else bother you about it. i've known you as Sorus since we met here on the watch and that is who you'll always be to me, Capt. Sorus Chatelaine. <3
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

lucimay wrote:
so most of the ally side only heard bits and pieces of whatever was going on over there on horde side. the first i knew was that ken didn't want to GL anymore, then something about Baltek and Growlr and...someone else, had taken all their toons out of both ally and horde side, then that they'd either joined another guild on another server or made a new guild themselves on another server. but nobody said why any of this had taken place and since i don't know many of those guys over there, it didn't have much of an affect on me but i DID worry about you and whether you'd migrate with them becuase i know you're friends with most of them. then jo and ken stepped down and handed GLship to CJ and Jesse.

I don't think I have the full story myself - it'd apparently been in the works for a month or so before I signed on one day and found out that most of my friends had up and left. Basically Moo (Ken) hasn't been playing much since the expac started, and I suspect that Baltek didn't want leadership because there's bad blood between him and some of the Alliance leaders. (I don't get involved in that stuff. I've heard some from both sides of that story, and my conclusion is that the whole thing was blown out of proportion and whatnot, but not my business. I have friends on both sides, and really don't want to take sides.) Anyway, Baltek started the new guild (Savage Pride) on Hyjal, and I've made a couple of alts there. Not going to transfer any of my mains as I am not a raider and cross-server stuff is good enough if I want to jump into something.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

lucimay wrote: so do you feel weird because you're the only person that doesn't use your real name, or because you think they (whoever they is) thinks YOU'RE weird because you don't use your real name?

I feel there's a level of inequality in that they are trusting me with something I don't feel comfortable reciprocating. That's just in my head though; nobody actually seems to care. (That they have articulated, anyway.)

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

lucimay wrote:i've known you as Sorus since we met here on the watch and that is who you'll always be to me, Capt. Sorus Chatelaine. <3
Haha, I'm the same. Even the Watchers whose real names I know, I a) usually can't remember, and b) call them by their Watch names anyway. (I just kept calling Vain "Vain" even to his face when we met. :D )

(It took me years to stop calling Z "Malik")

--A
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:
lucimay wrote: so do you feel weird because you're the only person that doesn't use your real name, or because you think they (whoever they is) thinks YOU'RE weird because you don't use your real name?

I feel there's a level of inequality in that they are trusting me with something I don't feel comfortable reciprocating. That's just in my head though; nobody actually seems to care. (That they have articulated, anyway.)
ahhh I see. yeah they don't seem like the kind that would care, which is good. means they accept you as you are. :D I don't think anyone on the ally side would care either but I seem to remember you telling me someone was bugging you about it. I mean...I used the identity addon, but I have Irvea in it. most of em know my name but they all still call me either maady or irv. they're getting more used to saying irv now. heh. I think Joleen was annoyed that I made Irv my main again and she refused to call me Irv. lol!!

lucimay wrote:i've known you as Sorus since we met here on the watch and that is who you'll always be to me, Capt. Sorus Chatelaine. <3
Haha, I'm the same. Even the Watchers whose real names I know, I a) usually can't remember, and b) call them by their Watch names anyway. (I just kept calling Vain "Vain" even to his face when we met. :D )

(It took me years to stop calling Z "Malik")

--A
same. same same same. it's a wonder I don't call my husband Creator!! lol!!! and I am STILL calling Z Malik!!!! lol! I did it in chat the other day and everyone was all like...who is Malik???
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

lucimay wrote:I don't think anyone on the ally side would care either but I seem to remember you telling me someone was bugging you about it.
Jo called me by my real name on FB. Which was a large part of the reason I left FB the last time. I didn't call her out on it because it was her birthday, she was drunk, and most of all I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. But see there, I can call her Jo and it feels normal, but I'm not okay with her using my real name, and that makes me feel like a hypocrite. It's not even so much that I care about her using my name as not wanting my real name posted on FB or connected to my online alias, but still.

Around that same time, Margora apologized for calling me what he thought was my real name, and I had to explain that what he thought was my real name was actually my Horde main. Which is a BSG reference.

So, worst-case-scenario, I guess I will have to go through that again on Hyjal - if the guild gets an influx of new members. Not sure what our recruitment status is (they made me an officer, so I should probably find out) - but I suspect they will probably want to keep the guild small.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:
lucimay wrote:I don't think anyone on the ally side would care either but I seem to remember you telling me someone was bugging you about it.
Jo called me by my real name on FB. Which was a large part of the reason I left FB the last time. I didn't call her out on it because it was her birthday, she was drunk, and most of all I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. But see there, I can call her Jo and it feels normal, but I'm not okay with her using my real name, and that makes me feel like a hypocrite. It's not even so much that I care about her using my name as not wanting my real name posted on FB or connected to my online alias, but still.

well you're too hard on yourself. you have your reasons for not wanting your RL name out there in the ether. jo doesn't. simple as that. you're soooo hard on yourself Sorus. /hug
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It me.

(Jadefire Masters Normal)
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Grats.

I, on the other hand, did the first wing on LFR for the first time today. Upon exiting, I realized I'd been healing with my feral polearm equipped the whole time.

Return to “PC & Console Games”