World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So, I just got a 920 helm in LFR, but I was wearing a 940 legendary so I DEd it. Two minutes later, I get back to Dalaran and find a mail from the Postmaster containing a 1000 legendary. And now I have no alternate helm so I can swap it in. I ended up rolling a Dauntless token for an 860 helm until I can get something better (like Relinquished; I'd bought one of those already today for another slot). I should probably just learn to keep the highest ilevel item I find for any legendary slot I have (though that said, I DEd my 920 pants immediately after equipping the new legendary, haha).

I would have actually kept the helm on and upgraded it, except my other legendary is the ring which is the #1 best legendary of the launch set, so I upgraded that instead.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

You can get legendaries from Relinquished as well - which isn't bad, but it does tend to complicate things.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I just pre-purchased Battel for Azeroth, and went to go unlock the new races. It is total bullshit that the Horde races require exalted rep with Legion launch factions, while both Alliance races require exalted with the Argus factions.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yeah, a lot of folks have been upset about that. I understand the lore reasons and such, but it seems like they should have figured out a way to make it 50/50.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm currently about 2/3rds Honored with Light and 1/3rd Honored with Reach; Reach is going to take a long time - luckily I hate playing BElfs, so I'll not want Void Elves anyway.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I leveled a Void Elf for the heritage armor. It's a nice set. Used my 110 boost just yesterday to make a Nightborne Warlock - kinda wish I'd worked for that set as well, but just can't face leveling another alt at this stage.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Why did I make a Warlock? I haven't played one since Wrath. I had to Google how to get to the class hall. Found the class hall, went AFK for a bit. Came back, looked around a bit, thought 'Wow, there are a lot of Warlocks in this zone for some reason.' Maybe I'm just tired. It was either that or a Warrior or a DK or some other class I'd probably be even worse at - I already have duplicates of most classes I actually want to play.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

I'm Murrin wrote:So, I just got a 920 helm in LFR, but I was wearing a 940 legendary so I DEd it. Two minutes later, I get back to Dalaran and find a mail from the Postmaster containing a 1000 legendary. And now I have no alternate helm so I can swap it in. I ended up rolling a Dauntless token for an 860 helm until I can get something better (like Relinquished; I'd bought one of those already today for another slot). I should probably just learn to keep the highest ilevel item I find for any legendary slot I have (though that said, I DEd my 920 pants immediately after equipping the new legendary, haha).

I would have actually kept the helm on and upgraded it, except my other legendary is the ring which is the #1 best legendary of the launch set, so I upgraded that instead.

omg I so hate when that happens that I now keep literally EVERY piece of gear I get JUST IN CASE! lol!!! I've begun cleaning out the bags and bank now tho, in preparation for BfA so I have off loaded some of the extra gears. of course i'm not a de'er on 3 of the 4 toons i'm playing so if I vendor it I know I can get it back. I haven't gotten that much gear on Mirrth so only had the de incident happen to me once. heh that's when I started keeping all the gear. LOL!!! :lol:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

ps.

I totally didn't know I was a mod in this forum!!! hahahaha!!! :lol:
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

They were probably trying to keep us contained.

:borg:

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:They were probably trying to keep us contained.

:borg:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

So, who else is about ready for the prepatch?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've only done the Mage Tower on one spec of one toon, and I haven't got all my professions to cap, so I'm not really ready.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I decided pretty early on that the Mage Tower was a level of frustration (possibly several levels of frustration) above what I was willing to deal with. That place raises my blood pressure, and I get enough of that in real life.

Then I became obsessed with getting the Feral Druid look, even though I hadn't tried playing Feral since BC. (And I was terrible at it then.)

So I gave it a few tries, and failed miserably. And read some guides, and failed miserably. And watched some videos, and failed miserably. And got rather drunk, and somehow completed it.

Not going to make a habit of that though.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I found Sygrid surprisingly easy (focus entirely on avoiding stuff and the dealing damage is incidental), but I hear the other fights are a real pain.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I have not tried that one. I did boomkin (Thwarting the Twins), which was the first and only other one I completed. It's pretty easy if you have a decent item level - I basically just ran around in a circle spamming Sunfire with Starfall whenever it was available. There's a Hunter spec that has the same challenge, only you have to kite backwards keeping Concussive Shot up at all times, and I just couldn't do that and deal with the adds. Couldn't even make it to the second phase as a Hunter.

I tried the Resto Druid challenge, and got through the first phase (which is supposedly the most difficult), but then I kept getting overrun by adds while trying to free the rest of my group.

Resto Druid is supposedly one of the most difficult, and Feral Druid is supposedly the easiest DPS challenge, but it's a bit annoying that I was able to complete an offspec that I have no experience playing, while not being able to complete the one for the main spec I've been playing for years.

(Having the stardust cat was more important to me than the owl staff, though the staff is pretty. Maybe I'll try leveling as Feral for BfA.)

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Welp, I can cross one thing off my list - thanks to Legion-Buddies and EuroRaid I just got boosted through Heroic Argus for the mount, for free. (Also the achievement, but that hardly counts on a boost.)

Mount's still available until launch, legion-buddies does EU and US, but their queue is huge and they might not do it if the stat squish makes it harder. Worth signing up for a chance, though. I hear Friendship Birb on US side is worth trying too (and I believe they tend to run back to back runs to clear out their queue on last days of expac).
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I know a few people that joined Friendship Birb and spoke highly of the experience. I probably should have gone that route instead of paying 300K to someone who was advertising on the realm forum, but at least I got it done and it was pretty painless. (If a bit shameful. This is the first expac where I didn't actually earn the AotC and mount, but that was by choice - just haven't had the mentality for progression raiding.)

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I hope they fix HealBot soon; I feel naked without it. Maybe I really will Feral for a bit.

There's shiny stuff in the Mythic+ chest for every 110, even if you didn't do any dungeons recently.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Maybe I'll just switch to VuhDo. I like some of the features - it lets me cast Binding Heal without having to actually target my target, which I never figured out how to do with HealBot. I don't like the way it shows debuffs - they don't stand out as well as I'm used to, and tend to blend in with some class bar colors. (Especially Warlocks.) It does seem to be very customization-friendly, it's just a matter of how much time I want to sink into getting it the way I like it if I will eventually be going back to HealBot.

I use so few addons, and I hate being so dependent on the ones I do use, but I can't stand the default raid frames.

Return to “PC & Console Games”