World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

They seem to be plateauing at just under 300k on EU. I actually have enough gold to buy one, but it doesn't seem worth it.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I still have two accounts and have not paid real money since the token system went live, but it's been an internal argument every time I've bought one since the price jumped so high. On the one hand, it takes longer to collect 200K than it does to earn the amount of the subscription fee. On the other hand, I have plenty of gold, and why pay real money when there's another option? I won't quit if I have to go back to real money, but I'm hoping the token system remains viable.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'm still torn over which character to level first. I know I'm doing DH/Priest on Horde and Druid/Hunter on Alliance, as far as 'mains' go, and I know I should do healers first, so Priest/Druid. Alliance side is more active right now, and some MIAs are back and I want to do stuff with them, but I'm leaning towards Horde first mainly because I really like the small group I run with there in terms of wanting to do the same stuff - see the new content without totally banging our heads against it. I know the Alliance groups are going to want to jump straight into progression-type stuff, but I just want to enjoy the scenery without stress.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So, at about 4am when I was around level 113 and narly finished the first zone, Blizzard pushed out a patch that kicked me offline. Then my launcher refused to actually find any updates, preventing me from logging back in. I tried all sorts to fix it, even going as far as reinstalling Battle.net, which just caused all sorts of other problems. Finally I gave up and went to sleep for 4 hours. Now I've just spent another 20 mins getting Battle.net to finally run, and get WoW updated.
God that was frustrating.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I made it to 112 last night - didn't have too much trouble with the patch though realms were all showing as incompatible and the download was slow.

I got one of the bind-on-use mounts, which Wowhead says is currently going for over a million gold. Tough choice on keep-versus-sell - that's serious money, but what if I can't get it to drop again? I still don't have most of the mount drops from Argus, and those are supposed to have a halfway decent drop rate. Anyway, I don't think anyone on this server is going to pay that, but I stuck it in the AH for over a million - if it sells that's at least 5 months of paid game time or about $75 in real money - plus it's an ugly mount (basically a recolor of the DMF one, which I have and never use) - if I can't get a small fortune for it, I'll keep it. :P

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Lucky! I need to find out where those things drop...
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Got it from fishing (a pool, but that doesn't seem to be required and the jury is still out on whether or not it improves chances) - someone on Alliance side got a horse that is apparently just a totally random world drop.

According to Wowhead there's a random drop in nearly every zone. The one I got (Great Sea Ray) isn't even on the list, so there's probably more fun stuff out there too.

I was at 700 fishing (hadn't even found the new trainer yet at the time), and didn't have any special gear or buffs. Good luck!

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Dragonwrath is mine! Despite the quest getting reset halfway through, I've finally finished it. It's a shame they don't give you Tarecgosa as a mount, though, only an on-use of the staff.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Grats! I definitely would have done it by now if it was an actual mount - should do it for the achievement anyway since I'm still farming stuff there, but I've never actually completed it. (Think my Druid has a stack of the first quest item stashed in the bank.)

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Being on that first quest is pretty nice, since you can loot as many as you like and they vendor for a decent price. I was on it for a long time.

Yesterday I also hit 1 million gold on my account for the first time, and went and picked up my new buddy Francois.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Oh neat, I hadn't heard of that pet. I have the required amount, but not all on one faction. Guess I'll go figure out if that matters.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've done seven mythics this week and only gotten I think one piece of useful loot. My weapons are still 310.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Ouch. I haven't done any mythics yet - healing mythics at a low ilvl in Legion was not fun. Have gotten two 325 staves from WQs - was hoping for a warforged or whatnot, but no luck yet. Think I'm 329 or so overall - decent luck with a titanforged 350 ring, plus I've been able to buy most of the 335 rep gear. I do kinda miss the artifact weapon system though - less RNG.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I did all 10 Mythics (still no weapons) in guild groups, and pretty often with healer and tank that were around 310 ilevel, it could get dicey but it wasn't that bad. My last two Mythics, Waycrest and Motherlode, were with a tank in mostly blues and they were the smoothest of the lot.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Warfront opened today, and I've been running it all morning. Several upgrades, including a 340 staff. Someone in my guild got a 380 staff, so I'm hoping for a Titanforged at some point. I've gotten a few duplicates, but that's okay because I'm an Enchanter and Veiled Crystals do not grow on trees.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Today I got Ashes of Alar, and the guild tried to get a raid going. We only got 6 people, so we joined with another group, and managed to down 4 bosses. Got a bit stuck on Zek'voz and called it a night. Think we're probably trying again tomorrow.

In other news, I've barely done any mythics, only one mythic+, and I'm stuck at ilevel 344 getting very few upgrades. Weapons are still 320/310.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Grats on Ashes of Alar! I don't expect to raid much this expac - will do LFR, but both sides of my guild are raiding on weeknights and that just doesn't work for me these days. Hoping they will do alt runs and whatnot on the weekends like they did last expac, but that's a while off, if it happens at all.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Guild joined with a different group this week and we downed 6 bosses, including one-shotting Zek'voz and Zul. Mythrax and G'Huun tonight! (Last week I had gone back on Monday without other guildies and got Zek'voz down but not Zul.)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Joined another different guild this week (one that was more organised) and downed Heroic Taloc and MOTHER, got some good tries on Fetid, and downed normal Mythrax.

Then because that's where we'd started this week, a guildy and I went and pugged the first 6 normals bosses. All one shots, it's surprising how easy it's gotten so quickly.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'll be interested to see what G'huun looks like on LFR. Either they'll remove 90% of the mechanics, or it will be a nightmare.

Return to “PC & Console Games”