Sex appeal

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Sex appeal

Post by Sevothtarte »

Ok, all those philosophical aspects are fine, but let's deal with those hormone monsters surrounding pure, innocent, hot Terisa...

Ladies, do you feel any attraction to Eremis? Stead?

Gentlemen, would you want to go for a date with everybody's darling Saddith?
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Eremis makes my skin crawl. What a creep! :?
If I had to pick a guy for a hot date it would have to be Geradan. Nice guys turn me on. :twisted:
Love as thou wilt.

birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Eremis makes my skin crawl. What a creep!
If I had to pick a guy for a hot date it would have to be Geradan. Nice guys turn me on.
yeah. Or Artagel
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Re: Sex appeal

Post by Ryzel »

Sevothtarte wrote:Gentlemen, would you want to go for a date with everybody's darling Saddith?
Sure, why not?
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Always had a spot in my heart for our little miss Terisa...*sigh*

:wink: :evil: - Eremis get outta here you dog!!!
"You're afraid of yourself."
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Assuming I was single and there was a mirror that could cure STDs, sure, I'd swive Saddith.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by Sevothtarte »

In the beginning I thought Saddith might be interesting... it can be attractive when people are that aware of their own sexuality.

By now however, I've lost all respect for her and would only feel pity... This has nothing to do with what Lebbick did to her, but because of how she (as in still perfectly pretty Saddith) lives, how she views the world... poor girl.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

One does get the idea that she might not be exactly what you might call "wife" material.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I've always thought Terisa was hot, I'm always imagined Julianne Moore in the role. I have a secret passion 4 "earthmother" Quiss, but w/her u'd need full body protection: If u even breathe on her, babies may start popping out! 8O
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend

Post by Sevothtarte »

What about the princesses? Elega, Myste, Torrent?

I have to admit I'm a sucker for names, I'd take Torrent just for "Torrent"... :oops:
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I like Geraden...or Artagel. Both really nice guys, good character, friendly, caring. :D

~MsMary~
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

At first I wasn't a big fan of Terisa yet she became more interseting when she began to explore her sexuality and her desires became more pronounced. I'm not proud of it but I'd drive Saddith around the living room a time or two! ( :oops: Did I just say that out loud!?!? Hope I don't get banned from the board for that slip of the tongue! :oops: Aaargh! There I go again!) As long as you understand where she's coming from there's nothing wrong with consentual sex. Finally the Lady Elega always interested me as well. I was attracted to her description and her fiery emotion and passions.

:twisted:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Foamfollower1013
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Foamfollower1013 »

Geraden or Artagel, definitely. They're my two favorite characters. 8)

~Foamy~
Nerdanel
Bloodguard

Post by Nerdanel »

I think Eremis is creepy. I'm not attracted to him. Geraden on the other hand is much better and sounds like a very nice fellow who would be an attentive husband.

But for some reason I'm most attracted to Prince Kragen. I know I'm unusual; I've always felt affinity to Elega.
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

Sex appeal

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

Geraden would be a cool guy to date. Eremis is nasty...I can't believe anyone is considering Saddith, she's icky! There are a couple who deserve each other....
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Torrent
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Torrent »

Actually, when I first read the books I found Eremis quite seductive (for the first half of 'The Mirror of her Dreams'). I could understand why Terisa felt attracted to him. He IS extremely sure of himself and he reminds me a little of John Malkovich in 'Dangerous Liasons'.

Geraden reminds me of a little puppy at times (cute but harmless), but he is getting more interesting as the story continues.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. interesting comparison .. between Malkovich and Eremis .. i agree .. i can see that ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I like Malkovich's acting, but sorry he doesn't turn me on (42nately... :?)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

haha LOL .. he doesnt turn me on either ;) but in that movie he plays a particularly Eremis role .. manipulative and cunning .. and quite disturbing ultimately ..

if you know the movie you will appreciate the comparison
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Mordant's Need”