the shop

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hey! Watch it Syl. :?
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

:twisted: Well, looks like we got on the phone and agreed on "what to wear". Feels like a Valley Girl. "Uh, gag me with a spoon!"
Last edited by Worm of Despite on Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Despiser would be a good title... or maybe the giant or Ranyhyn name for him, though both escape me at the moment.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Lord Foul, we did.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Geesh, still confused...I own a color, but how do I get it to be put in my title?
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I know, but it was a proverbial phone. "Go figure!" 8)
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Some of Lord Foul's titles in the Land: (guess the race!)

Lord Foul
Satansheart Soulcrusher
Corruption :twisted:
Fangthane
The Maker
The Despiser
The Master
Love as thou wilt.

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Lord Foul- Himself
Satansheart Soulcrusher- Giants
Corruption- Bloodgaurd and haruchai
Fangthane- Ramen
The Maker- the, um, clay forms that are like Muppets
The Despiser- no clue
The Master- Ravers
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Hmmmm....So, I got Vain's email today about White Gold Dollars and all that stuff, and decided to check out this part of the forum, which I basically haven't had time to check out before.

The first thing I noticed is that now people have different titles...and colors! Than I noticed that my title had been taken away and replaced by none!! :? :wink:

I also noticed that I had a few WGDs - enough to purchase a title, but not much else. So I went to the store and clicked on "purchase title" not knowing what would happen. Presto! "Your purchase has been successful" the computer screen told me. It has? But what have I purchased? Apparently, I have purchase back my original title, "Servant of the Land." I guess I thought I'd be given a choice or something. And, apparently, I have to pay more WGDs in order to change my title!! 8O :wink:

All I'm saying is, a little explanation in advance might have been helpful!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~MsMary~
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Don't forget about the Gray Slayer.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

MsMaryMalone wrote:I also noticed that I had a few WGDs - enough to purchase a title, but not much else.
You should have been here when it cost 1000 WGD's to buy your old title back 8O Actually, I rather messed that one up. I thought I was disabling one thing when it was actually another thing. :oops:

Lord Mhoram - The colour you bough appears to be a shadow. You can have text colour (defaults to black so if you want it to be black then you don't have to still buy it), a Glow colour that adds an aura type thing to your name, and the shadow.

I think the shadow doesn't do much with this light background so maybe sticking to text colour and glow effect is the way to go.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Vain,

I must have been on about the same time as Ms. Mary. I also attempted to purchase a title with the mysterious 1,000 WGD but when it didn't do anything I sold it back but did not get any WGD back. I hate to be frivolous with my WGD but I'm wondering what happened. Any thoughts?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Foamfollower1013
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Foamfollower1013 »

Yeah, I didn't realize you don't get your WGD back when you sell something...I sold my glow because I didn't like the way it looked, and I assumed I could just buy another one...but now I don't have enough WGD! Where do they go when you sell something? :?

~Foamy~
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

wow .. thats a bit tight .. you'd think you'd get something even withstanding the reduced re-sale value ..

well I went to the store .. the 1st one .. and it was totally sold out .. so I have no idea what red hot sale items were on offer *shrugs*

but I do have a lot of WGD .. just dont know what to do wiv em :P
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I don't think Vain has stocked anything int he first store yet, Lord Sky. he keeps making hints about stocking neat things like Revelstone, though! :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

:? I'm not sure why the refund thing isn't working. Will need to check it out :?

In the interim, just let me know and I'll arrange manual refunds :) Brinn, I have refunded you 1000 WGD's, and foamy, a hearty 600 :)

sky - duchess has hit the nail on the head :)
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

8O I'M RICH!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Vain!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Well, I finally figured out this color and glow business. Lost a few dollars in the process, when I made an accidental withdrawal. Still deciding whether I like these colors, or want to go with something else.

Now to figure out a good title...

~MsMary~
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Well, I sold my title glow, and bought a different one, but I didn't get a refund of 300 WGDs. I had to withdraw more WGDs than I was anticipating to buy a different glow (cause I was expecting those 300 WGDs back to my credit). Aren't I supposed to get a 50% refund, which would be 300 WGDs?

~MsMary~
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I upped the refund % but I figure it only works for shop items....not special effects :) I have issued you a refund manually :)

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”