Are you ready for some (SEC) Football???!!

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Are you ready for some (SEC) Football???!!

Post by Menolly »

GO GATORS!!!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

GO VOLS!
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

I live in Charlottesville, and the Virginia squad has been pretty damn good since Al Groh became coach. Sadly, they have expanded the ACC to include even more teams that can kick the crap out of them (Virginia Tech, Miami, BC, etc.), so I don't think the rebuilding will be a success.

My true roots, however, are in Jayhawk land, so I'll offer Go Jayhawks even though they don't stand a chance in the Big 12.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

ROLL TIDE!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I spent a year living in Jax and became a huge Gator fan, even though I'm a Terp. I'll be down there the end of October for the Gators/Dogs game (and the largest coctail party in the world).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh! But you'll be in Jacksonville! Lemme know if you ever plan to come to a game in The Swamp here in Gator Town.

I love being in Jacksonville around the World's Largest Cocktail Party, but it just isn't feasable for us until Paul is finally working in academia professionally.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I've been to The Swamp. For anyone who hasn't been, it's the wildest football experience you'll ever have. It's more intense than either The Black Hole in Oakland, or Lambeau.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I am guessing GATOR nation is hyped up for the Meyer era. The Swamp had record attendance yesterday, not just for an opening game (which is usually not well attended) but all-time at 90,707 fans.

I know that's nothing compared to the stadium attendance at Vols games, Don, but I'm still impressed.

Speaking of the Vols, UAB played pretty well yesterday... ;)
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I was there at Neyland (and I have the sunburn to prove it.) It was a typical start for the Vols. I expect better. How did you like Meyer?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

GO HORNY FROGS!!! TCU dumps the mighty Sooners! Yessssssss! 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Not SEC, but ITA with you Danlo! WTG TCU!!

Meyer seems OK, but I wasn't happy with the rushing game nor overly impressed with the defense. If another team shuts down Leak's passing game, what else do we have?
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

WAR EAGLE Anyway.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

LOBOS beat Missouri! LOBOS beat Missouri!!! 45-35 at UM!!! GO New Mexico GO!!! :S :S :S :S
fall far and well Pilots!
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Prediction

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Prediction-Gators whip,and I mean spank the Vols next week.Oh yea and WAR EAGLE.(sorry DLB-but I call em as I see em and I think Tennesse is overrated).
Last edited by Sunbaneglasses on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh, I dunno, Sunbaneglasses. Some of the attempted drives inside the 10 yard line by the Gators were pretty pathetic yesterday. I think it will be a nail-biter...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Re: Prediction

Post by dlbpharmd »

Sunbaneglasses wrote:Prediction-Gators whip,and I mean spank Vols next week.Oh yea and WAR EAGLE.(sorry DLB-but I call em as I see em and I think Tennesse is overrated).
You and me both, buddy. Before the season it was said that Phil Fulmer was more excited about this team than any other. I said to myself "My God - we'll lose 7 games."

I didn't get to watch ANY games yesterday - someone fill me in.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Can you believe that Vandy beat Arkansas?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Well, that is one of the great things about SEC football - on any given day, any team can beat another.

But can I believe Vandy beat Arkansas? No.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I also look for South Carolina to spank Bama next week for Spurrier's first signature win at SC.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Well 50% on my picks-and I must say that the Gators did not exactly "spank"the Vols-I now look for the Gators to play in a BCS bowl.

Return to “Sports”