Thomas Covenant and Audio Books

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Code: Select all

+-------------------- US Market --------------------+
TITLE                         Publisher        Narrator             Distributor
----------------------------  ---------------  -------------------  ---------------
Lord Foul's Bane              Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
The Illearth War              Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
The Power That Preserves      Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
The Wounded Land              Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
The One Tree                  Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
White Gold Wielder            Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
The Runes of the Earth        Penguin Audio    Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
Fatal Revenant                Scott Brick      Scott Brick          Scott Brick
Against All Things Ending     Recorded Books   Tim Gerard Reynolds  Audible, Amazon
The Last Dark                 Penguin Audio    Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon

The Real Story                Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
Forbidden Knowledge           Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
A Dark and Hungry God Arises  Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
Chaos and Order               Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
This Day All Gods Must Die    Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon

The Mirror of Her Dreams      Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
A Man Rides Through           Audible Studios  Scott Brick          Audible, Amazon
Last edited by wayfriend on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I have been extremely frustrated waiting for audio versions of 2nd Chronicles.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

StephenRDonaldson.com News wrote:"The Second Chronicles" as audio books

Scott Brick is currently winding up negotiations with Ballantine Books to record and sell the three volumes of "The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant." When he is done with recording and production, the second trilogy--like the first--will be available (exclusively?) at:
brickbybrickaudiobooks.com. And once those books are available as downloads or MP3 CDs, he wants to turn his attention to my short fiction and mystery novels. I'm very grateful for all of his efforts on my behalf.

6/29/16
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

YAY! :letsparty:
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

From SRD's website:
Scott Brick now has THE WOUNDED LAND available as an audio book. Look for it on his web site:

brickbybrickaudiobooks.com

Last I heard, he intends to make THE ONE TREE available in September this year, and WHITE GOLD WIELDER in November. But check with his site for current information.

8/17/16
I'm greatly enjoying the audio version of TWL!
Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

The Lord Foul's Bane audiobook, narrated by Scott Brick, is available for free, in exchange for an unbiased review.

audiobookboom.com/lord-fouls-bane

I don't know anything about this site, so make sure you read the terms and conditions.

HBJ
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Post by Audio Covenant »

Thanks for posting this, HBJ, I appreciate it! My production manager and I have been wanting to offer a giveaway for a while now, and my hope was that we'd be able to start with one here on the Watch, but because she's the one who has to handle the logistics, she recommended doing an initial giveaway through a site that specializes in them, audiobookboom.com. If we can make everything work, then we'll try to do one here. (I'm not even sure if that's kosher, would that break any rules...? I'll put in a query and find out.)

Anyway, if any of you are Audiobook Boom subscribers, I hope you enjoy it. If not, keep an eye out here for news of further promotions. If nothing else, I can post here in advance so Watch members can sign up before it starts.

Be true!

Best,

Scott
Are you a storyteller, Thomas Covenant?

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Nice to see you around Scott, and thanks for the heads up HBJ.

By all means feel free to do one here if you can. There's no rule against it, and if there were we would bend it for you. ;)

I hope you also saw HBJ's first ever post here, in which he sings your praises. :D

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25516

--A
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Post by Audio Covenant »

Wow, HbJ's first comment ever, and it was about the audio editions? I'm honored indeed. I don't know what to say except that I truly hope it is true, as a very wise man once said, that the acceptance of a gift honors the giver.

Glad to know about the rules, I'll have to do some more research with our production manager, and it may take a few weeks/months to arrange, but we'll make that promotion happen.

Best,

Scott
Are you a storyteller, Thomas Covenant?

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Scott, you're very welcome.

Thank you for confirming this promotion is legitimate; I was a bit nervous about posting it, since I'm not familiar about the site.

But it's a great deal. I have the audiobook already, and would encourage everyone to try it and review it.

HBJ
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Audio Covenant wrote:Glad to know about the rules, I'll have to do some more research with our production manager, and it may take a few weeks/months to arrange, but we'll make that promotion happen.
That would be awesome. :) We look forward to it.

--A
Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Scott Brick has released The One Tree on audio.

White Gold Wielder is scheduled for December 1.

HBJ
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Nice story up in Salon about how Scott Brick in particular, and audio book narrators in general, are "saving" book publishing. link
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

StephenRDonaldson.com wrote:Audio Books Update: "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant"

I'm happy to report that, after much to-ing and fro-ing, Ballantine Books (now a small subsidiary of PenguinRandomHouse) has agreed to renew Scott Brick's license for audio book versions of Covenant 1-3. In exchange, he has agreed to make his readings available from all the major outlets (such as Amazon and Audible) and several others. Previously, his readings were only available from his web store: www.brickbybrickaudiobooks.com.

When this change goes into effect, I *assume* that Covenant 4-6 in audio will also become widely available; but I don't know it for a fact. That license won't be due for renewal for a few more years.

Sadly, none of this affects Covenant 8 (Fatal Revenant). That license was negotiated with Penguin (a more "respected" subsidiary of PenguinRandomHouse), and so far Penguin seems, well, recalcitrant. I can't explain it. But that book remains available in audio from www.brickbybrickaudiobooks.com.

6/15/19
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ahhh nice. Ive never done them on audio but seems like Scott Brick does the narrating well.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Scott Brick's "Haruchai voice" is a delight.
Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

wayfriend wrote:
StephenRDonaldson.com wrote:Audio Books Update: "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant"

I'm happy to report that, after much to-ing and fro-ing, Ballantine Books (now a small subsidiary of PenguinRandomHouse) has agreed to renew Scott Brick's license for audio book versions of Covenant 1-3. In exchange, he has agreed to make his readings available from all the major outlets (such as Amazon and Audible) and several others. Previously, his readings were only available from his web store: www.brickbybrickaudiobooks.com.

When this change goes into effect, I *assume* that Covenant 4-6 in audio will also become widely available; but I don't know it for a fact. That license won't be due for renewal for a few more years.

Sadly, none of this affects Covenant 8 (Fatal Revenant). That license was negotiated with Penguin (a more "respected" subsidiary of PenguinRandomHouse), and so far Penguin seems, well, recalcitrant. I can't explain it. But that book remains available in audio from www.brickbybrickaudiobooks.com.

6/15/19
This is really good news. It will give the audio releases much more visibility, and will probably make them more affordable to a lot of people.

I already have all of Scott's Covenant recordings (purchased directly from his site), but there's a good chance I'll get them from audible as well. I use their app to listen to both audible and non-audible audiobooks anyway, and they have some nice features - easy management of audiobooks between an online library and multiple devices, syncing book location between audio and ebook devices, etc.

HBJ
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Sounds a must hear 😉
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

StephenRDonaldson.com wrote:Finally! LORD FOUL'S BANE on audio

I'm glad to report: SUCCESS! After way too many skirmishes, wranglings, and inexplicable delays, Scott Brick's reading of LORD FOUL'S BANE has just appeared on Audible (through Amazon). Through other outlets as well, presumably. The next two books aren't "up" yet, but we have reason to believe they'll be available soon. This has been a long, hard road, primarily for Scott, but to a lesser extent for me as well. I'm relieved. Also gratified.

12/2/19
Well done, Scott!
Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

The Illearth War, narrated by Scott Brick, is now available on audible.

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Chronicl ... B082YHTBT2

Hopefully The Power that Preserves will appear in the near future.

HBJ

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”