Kalboyd wrote:Besides, I, uh...may have a, uh....slight crush on her... :oops:

Kalboyd
You are not the only one... :twisted:
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
DWOLF
Stonedownor

Post by DWOLF »

Liev Schreiber would make a good Angus. He s the brother in Defiance. He looks the part. James Gandolfini could do it well, but he is too recognisable-- and too Tony Soprano.

Some actors are too famous. No matter who they play they are always themselves.Or they had a character that was so popular that they can never really be anyone else.

I think one of the reasons the origional Star Wars were so believable is that they had no recogisable actors too break the illusion. Mark Hamil was Luke because he wasnt anyone else first. Back in the 80s Arnie was the Terminator and he was Conan-- later on he was just Arnie vs the Mutants or Arnie vs Terrorists.

What Im saying is -- we could watch a better movie if it wasnt too star studded. It would be easier for us to believe we are seeing the Gap characters if we dont already know the actors.

Remember Bruce Spence- the Girocopter pilot in Mad Max 2?? He d be cool as the Bill -- because he hasnt been in our faces six times a year for the last twenty years.

Id like to see the Gap films and then years later to see one of the actors in something else and say " wow, thats Vector."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

An excellent post, Dwolf, and welcome to the Gap forum.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I agree.

Yeah, I don't have much else to say right now. :P
Mind/Union
Stonedownor

Post by Mind/Union »

DWOLF wrote:Remember Bruce Spence- the Girocopter pilot in Mad Max 2?? He d be cool as the Bill -- because he hasnt been in our faces six times a year for the last twenty years.
Did you read my post? That would be quite the coincidence for us both to pick this little-known actor for the Bill (or not, since he's one of the tallest actors in the world).

I agree what you've said -- but you can't tell me Jon Voight isn't the perfect Holt. :wink:
DWOLF
Stonedownor

Post by DWOLF »

Sorry. if Idid read it- it was a while ago. Im Australian and was raised on Mad Max.
I saw Bruce Spence in Star Wars 3 Revenge of the Dollar, playing a CGI infected alien. Thats what got me thinking of him.

I think Jon Voight has the range to be Holt. He d look the part, especially if he got really angry.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Except that Holt is obsessed with his own perfection, whereas John Voight is a little too lumpy.

Can you really see a guy spending millions (or billions... the tech is quite new, and the book doesn't explicitly say how much it costs) to keep himself looking young, and allow himself to get fat after that?

It's got to be somebody with a near perfect physical condition, yet megalomaniacal and egocentric. Tom Cruise or Robert Downing Jr could do the job, I think.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

But they would also have to be pretty old. Holt Fasner has prolonged his life, too the point where he's held together by twine and duct tape. It's his fear of not being able to continue living that drives all his actions with the Amnion.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I've only finished the first three, but the impression I got was more that it's his mother that's "held together by twine and duct tape," whereas Holt himself is still more or less healthy.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

How about Richard E. Grant for Holt? He's tall, thin, well 'preserved' but has that slight feel of being 'held together'... to me at least.

www.imdb.com/media/rm73112320/nm0001290

(sorry, haven't worked out how to put pictures in yet)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yes, he could work. (Still a little young for me, tho.)

He's also an interesting choice for Hashi.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

wayfriend wrote:Yes, he could work. (Still a little young for me, tho.)

He's also an interesting choice for Hashi.
Yes, I could see him as Hashi. Clint Eastwood for Holt? :? He may not have the desperation in his range, but would probably look the part... (2nd thoughts - I don't know about Clint, but someone around his age perhaps)
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

That well-preserved appearance you're talking about fits many actors. Harrison Ford, Eastwood are now too ... wrinkled to fit, but 10 years ago they both had the look. Mind you, that's just the look.

What you want in Holt is an actor with a seemingly ageless face, like Dick Clark used to be. Of course, we want more than a face, but Holt wouldn't have that much screen time, compared to Warden. I don't think I'd be too picky about who plays Holt, so long as they cast him with his fear of death in mind.
ItisWritten
Mind/Union
Stonedownor

Post by Mind/Union »

I'm pretty sure Warden Dios describes Holt as looking a healthy 70-ish. Before I read that, I basically pictured him as J. Peterman from Seinfeld.

Whoever plays him, IMO, has to be able to appear prestigious and commanding but with a noticeably sleazy undercurrent—and yes, desperation is important. I picked Voight because he's the right age and can project all of these qualities. The point about his physical appearance is taken. How about Malcolm McDowell?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Mind/Union wrote:I'm pretty sure Warden Dios describes Holt as looking a healthy 70-ish. Before I read that, I basically pictured him as J. Peterman from Seinfeld.

Whoever plays him, IMO, has to be able to appear prestigious and commanding but with a noticeably sleazy undercurrent—and yes, desperation is important. I picked Voight because he's the right age and can project all of these qualities. The point about his physical appearance is taken. How about Malcolm McDowell?
I can see McDowell. He does seem to have a touch of sleaze about him.
Captain Sheep-Flicker
Servant of the Land

Post by Captain Sheep-Flicker »

I might have mentioned this before, can't really remember, but in my opinion, Ron Perlman would make an excellent Angus - he has that natural brutality & ruggedness about him.
A work of art is never truly finished - it is only abandoned
billingsgate
Servant of the Land

Post by billingsgate »

Holts mother.

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

:lol: about right.
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

DWOLF wrote:
Remember Bruce Spence- the Girocopter pilot in Mad Max 2?? He d be cool as the Bill -- because he hasnt been in our faces six times a year for the last twenty years.
I suggested him ages ago!! ;) (Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:02 am)
Elfgirl wrote:Oh yeah! Good call! But what about Bruce Spence? Tall thin streak o' duck shit like him would work spectacularly for yon Billster!
Also for all the newbies to the Gap forum, I made these ages ago (page 14 of this topic...)
Elfgirl wrote:OK, here goes!

Nick Succorso (Josh Holloway), Morn Hyland (Tricia Helfer), Angus Thermopyle (Ron Jeremy, cleverly disguised as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed)

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Squishy ... nangus.jpg

Mikka Vasakcz (Carrie-Ann Moss), Ciro Vasakcz (Lou Taylor Pucci), Vector Shaheed (Philip Seymour Hoffman), Orn Vorbuld (Jack Black), Sib Mackern (David Thewlis), Sorus Chatelaine (Daryl Hannah)

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Squishy ... nsorus.jpg

Warden Dios (Liam Neeson), Holt Fasner (Jack Nicholson), Hashi Lebhwol (John Malkovich), Min Donner (Sigourney Weaver)

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Squishy ... nhashi.jpg

Godsen Frik (Steve Buscemi), Cleatus Fane (Brendan Gleeson), Capt. Sextus Vertigen (Peter O’Toole), Maxim Igensard (Jimmy Smits), Koina Hannish (Rachel Weisz) and Dolph Ubikwe (Ving Rhames)

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Squishy ... ensard.jpg

hehe, let me know whatcha think! :D

(everyone's groaning now....oh sh*t Elfie's back with her insane casting options!) :lol:
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Elfgirl wrote:(everyone's groaning now....oh sh*t Elfie's back with her insane casting options!) :lol:
YAY! Elfie's back with her insane casting options!

Return to “The Gap Series”