SRD Tour Headquarters: Conventions/Speaking engagements

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

danlo
Lord

SRD Tour Headquarters: Conventions/Speaking engagements

Post by danlo »

I kno Romeo and Mouseglove have been 2 conventions or speaking engagements that featured SRD lately. And I just got the Albq. "Bubonicon" Convention preliminary annoucement in snail mail 2day! And yes on Aug 22 Donaldson will be there! And of course I'm there! :D Last's year's con was my 1st, I actually met some1 from the net there (which was very cool), and having the honor 2 hear G. R. R. Martin read from A Feast for Crows was un4getable!

So what I propose 2 do w/this topic is: Create an SRD convention/speaking engagement "Watch" where we can share "Donaldson Spotting" info! Announce where SRD is on his speaking tour, share info, propose questions 4 those going 2 these engagements--2 ask SRD, if the have the opportunity...and post his response 2 questions here and report on the reading...those sort of things...I heard Donaldson read from The Illearth War ages, and ages ago...but it will b mindblowing 2 hear him read from The Last Chronicles!!!!
I guess we need links here 2 convention pages...I've got the Bubonicon link somewhere here in Gen. Fantasy, I'll have 2 drum it up, and surely the must b a master Sci-Fi/Fantasy Convention listing link somewhere right?

This is just the preliminary Bubonicon35 '03 schedule and while most of the authors r from NM more o/o state talent (like Spider and Jeanne Robinson last year) tend 2 sign up btween now and then:
Charles de Lint of Canada is the guest of honor: The Onion Girl, Tapping the Dream Tree, Forest of the Heart and Wolf Moon. Melinda Snodgrass (Story Editor 4 STNG and part of Martin's "Wildcards" pack) is the Toastmistress. Featured authors: Nancy V. Berbick, Stephen R. Donaldson, Walter Jon Williams (Author of great Sci-Fi such as:Aristoi, Voice of the Whirlwind, The Rift), Terry England, Christie Golden, Jane Lindskold (another "Wild Cards" pack rat and co-author on some books w/Roger Zelazny, and also an incredibly good fantasy author, btw...), Vic Milan, Pati Neagle, John Maddox Roberts, S. M. Stirling and Robt. Vardeman.
Last edited by danlo on Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Gorsh, I wish I could attend! Too bad I'm stuck here in Georgia, National Centre of Nothing! If I were at that convention, I'd scare the crap out of ya yelling "danlo, danlo?"
Last edited by Worm of Despite on Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Last edited by danlo on Tue May 27, 2003 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Conviction? I don't see any conviction! :-x So, you want to stand before the Clave, eh? Don't worry, you're working your way to it!! :fim:
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
I am not Joan
Ramen

Post by I am not Joan »

bump
Do unto others, baby!
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

Argh...I SO much wish I could make it to these kinds of things...alas...I am too far and I have too little money...
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Anyone making plans for the March 2005 IAFA meeting in Fort Lauderdale?

ebbs.english.vt.edu/iafa/iafa.home.html
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

OK, I'll try again - anyone making plans for Bubonicon in August? SRD will be the guest of honor.

bubonicon.home.att.net/
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I'm sure that Danlo will be attending the one in Albuquerque, as he goes every year. dlb, I am making very tentative plans to go to the convention in Madison, Wisconsin in November, 2005. I think that Romeo has already said that he will be attending that one, as well.
Love as thou wilt.

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm thinking about that one also - but wouldn't the weather be particularly bad there in November?
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Well, its early November, so it will probably be cold (though not below zero or anything) and rainy (at the very least cloudy and chilly), but probably not blizzards or heavy snowstorms yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to put in for all of my vacation time once a year for the entire following year, and am waiting to see if I get that time off or not. I should know by late March/early April whether or not I get it off. If I do get it off then I will make firmer plans. :)

And be sure to ask Danlo about the convention in Albuquerque. I think he goes to that one every year. 8) And he can give you the directions to drive up to Andelain. :D
Love as thou wilt.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

This summer will mark my 4th visit to Bubonicon--my door is always open to Watchers passing through--who knows? Warning: spontaneous Elohimfests may break out at any given time... :D
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm thinking very seriously about Bubonicon. I probably won't start making plans for Wisconsin til after that.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

I'd never get my girlfriend to approve of the expenditure, we're too poor and have to move out in may.. need to save a deposit. I've never been to a con before, I'm looking forward to it.... ah well. Mebbe next time.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I plan to attend Bubonicon this year. My kids are dying to see Albuquerque. I promised I would take them so I decided I might as well make it the weekend of Bubonicon so they get to see it there and I get to go to the con. I used to take the girls to local cons when they were really little. I am sure they will enjoy it.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I was thinking about Bubonicon this year (and the chance to get a green chili burger again *drool*), but going to Maine involves getting grad credits... so I'll have to suck it up and hope for a grand Elohimfest next year. I'm rather hoping SRD's appearances next year (if he has any) will be a bit closer to home.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

[looks up from sleeping at his desk]
Wha?! Huh? ... Maine!!! Donaldson in Maine!?!?!?

What's this about Donaldson being less than 2000 miles away from me? I'm all excited now. Ayuht!
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

Wow. Maine is almost EXACTLY as ridiculously far away from me as albuquerque is.

Wow.

:p
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
kvickie
Servant of the Land

Post by kvickie »

I think I'm going to have to drag my hubby to bubonicon this year. I've never been to it- I'm afraid it's going to make me feel old.

I got a call from my dad that he might be able to get SRD to sign my new book for me- If I get to meet him again I may get my "fix" and not need to go....
Vickie

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Oh so now you're refering to me as old...well...hope to see you both there! 8)

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”