Step up to the Plate 4...The Illearth War!!!!!!

LFB, TIW, TPTP

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

danlo
Lord

Step up to the Plate 4...The Illearth War!!!!!!

Post by danlo »

This will make u laugh...up till last night I had no idea I was moderator of this forum! 8O I'm serious! Apparently this happened close 2 a month ago but I never noticed, y should I...nobody ever tells me these things! :x

In that case it's all over! And u will love dissecting The Illearth War, book 2 of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever! Now u don't have 2 bug poor ol' Vain about the read--bug me! "Born 2 b Bugged!" I'm going 2 crack the whip now...so stand back!!

Siqn up now! Let's get this thing going by April 16th! (that's when I get back from New York...) Also: I'll take 2 volunteers 2 do Gilden-Fire (so we can start a really intense cross-fire [oops! is that not a PC term in these trubbled times?] discussion on that cool little book, asap!) PM me or xpress ur interest here. Along w/GF I'll start the chapter list 4 the 1st part, Revelstone, right Now!

Gilden-Fire (2 volunteers wanted !It's own topic, SRD's prologue is very important..and y it was left out of the Chrons...) or Korik's Mission to Seareach: birdandbear and Fist and Faith

"While the evil days come..."

The Illearth War, Part 1, Revelstone,
Apr 16th-Chapters 1 and 2 (The Dreams of Men/Halfhand): pitchwife
Apr 23rd-3 & 4 (The Summoning/May Be Lost): Vain
Apr 30th-5 & 6 (Dukka/The High Lord): caamora
May 7th-7 & 8 (Korik's Mission [insert GF!]/Lord Kevin's Lament): danlo
May 14th-9 & 10 (Glimmermere/Seer and Oracle): Damelon

Then begins Part 2, The Warmark
May 21st-11 & 12 (War Council/Forth to War): Earthblood
May 28th-13 & 14 (The Rock Gardens of the Maerl/Runnik's Tale): fightingmyinstincts
June 4th-15 & 16 (Revelwood/Forced March): Earthfriend
June 11th-17 & 18 (Tull's Tale/Doom's Retreat): Dromond
June 18th-19 & 20 (The Ruins of the Southron Wastes/Garroting Deep): Caer Sylvanus

Then begins Part 3, The Blood of the Earth
June 25th-21 & 22 (Lena's Daughter/Anundivian Yajna): Smin
July 2nd-23 & 24 (Knowledge/Descent to Earthroot): Infelice
July 9th-25 & 26 (The Seventh Ward/Gallows Howe): Earthblood
July 16th-27 (Leper & General Wrap-up): Earthfriend
Last edited by danlo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'm going to Florida Apr 24-30, so I don't want to start off. Since I don't have Gilden Fire, I'll take Chapts 9 & 10. Glimmermere & Seer and Oracle. (I'll let someone else take on The High Lord :wink: )
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

U got it bud! And Mhoram as I remember really wanted 2 do a lead, prob a Hile Troy lead...knowing him...
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hmm... I think I want a chapter having to do directly with the war. :) I also need to locate my copy of TIW. It's ran away again. :lol:
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

I'd love to do one. I was a little too preoccupied with WGW to participate in the LFB dissection :oops: (although I read every word you guys wrote) but I'm all ready for this one. I don't really have a preference though. Feel free to assign me something. I do have a copy of Gilden-fire, and I'd be glad to take that, or any other chapter you see fit. :D
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

b&b u r now 1 of the 2 Gilden-Fire crossexaminators!!!!
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Groovy 8)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I've intentionally avoided the "dissecting" area since I found this site. I have a job, wife, and three kids - one an infant. I have a WHOLE BUNCH of books on my shelf that I want to get to. And now, thanks to danlo, I'm in the middle of Neverness, and, thanks to duchess, I'm in the middle of A Game of Thrones. I simply don't have time to re-read TCTC!! It's too much, too deep, too too too!!!

BUT!!

This is Gilden-Fire!! The actual swearing of the Vow!!!
Ha-man rual tayba-sah carab ho-eeal neeta par-raoul.
Damned few things that don't involve naked women make my blood race like Gilden-Fire!

So if you want me, I'll be the second. b&b and F&F? heh
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Ok Fist that settles it! Ur now teamed w/b&b 2 rip apart Gilden-Fire!!! 8O 8O 8O
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Let's get it on! err...when?
And how are we splitting it up??
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Anytime u're ready...talk 2 F & F! Here's 1 suggestion: One of u could take the position that GF should have been left in the Chrons and the other that it be left out. Or 1 could talk about the prolouge and the Haruchai "world" while 1 xamines the story...
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'll take 3 and 4 :)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Hey birdandbear, considering my nick and my last post, it should come as no surprise that I'd LOVE to do the "Haruchai 'world'", as danlo puts it. His idea of that and the prologue, with you doing the story, works with me. Did you have anything in particular in mind that you'd rather do?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
pitchwife
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by pitchwife »

I'm willing to start, I'll do the first two chapters and take shelter, we are off to Hawaii for Easter.

Danlo,Vain, I think we need some more publicity. Should we wait until we have more dissectors on board?

-pitch
We are who we are - and what we are not, we will never become
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Fist and Faith:

You can certainly have the Haruchai! I didn't have anything in particular in mind...actually, I...um...need a couple of days to read it again before we get started, even though I just read it a few months ago, :oops: :oops:

When I asked "when?" I was wondering if we're doing GF before we start TIW? Someone mentioned before that it would fit neatly just after "Korik's Mission"

Does anyone know where it was supposed to go in the book?

Don't get me wrong - if y'all want to do Gildenfire first, that's not a problem at all, I just think we should post a date so people will know when to read it. (And so I can have a chance to refresh :roll: :wink: )
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Hey Cool! I broke 100 posts! :D

(That's better than my average bowling score)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

8O Very good b&b! Great suggestion Pitch! I just PMed Vain about an announcement in the TC 4rums--a board email would b an idea as well! I've made it know on the Hangar and will try 2 post on the TC topic at the Martin site: A Song of Ice and Fire 2night! I'm going 2 have u start the read and move myself up--as I am coming back late the 16th and will b a little frazelled from traveling, so, THANKS VERY MUCH!!!! :D
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

The deed is done M'Lord :)

Post by Guest »

I'll do Dukka/The High Lord if I can get a copy of the book on me in the very near future, which sadly I find doubtful. I'll keep you all updated.

Post by Guest »

It appears that I've cleverly forgotten to log in. After trying to do as such moments ago I came to realize that I've forgotten my username. The guest post about doing Dukka/The High Lord is mine. Refer to me as Xeridon until I either remember what user I was, or simply create a new account. At the moment I have to head to class.

Return to “1st Chronicles”