The Malazan Book of the Fallen

Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, finally finished HoC and the last 1/4 of that book really is fantastic. The resolution of the Apocalypse, Felisin, Karsa and the Deragoth. Of course, we meet Corabb, one of my favourite characters, as well.

Onto Midnight Tides, one of my 2 least favourite books, barring Tehol and Bugg. The Edur storyline is almost painful to me, with Udinaas and Feather Witch etc. Meh. Will try and skim those sections, difficult as it is for me. :D

--A

Post by Avatar »

Actually ended up quite enjoying MT. Onto The Bonehunters now, and like DHG had the Chain of Dogs, and MOI had Capustan, the Bonehunters have Y'Ghatan...

--A

Post by Avatar »

So, where exactly do we see whatever it was (one of the Jade statues?) striking the Moon?

In The Bonehunters, somebody has just remarked that the moon was looking a little ragged...

--A

Post by Avatar »

Well, for the first time, I read Reaper's Gale in the right place. Before RotCG. :D

I actually enjoyed this read more than I usually do, (although I did skim some of the Clip/Udinaas/Featherwitch stuff).

And for the first time (maybe) I consciously made the connection between what happens to Icarium in Lether, the collapsing buildings and white light of the broken machine, and his later "hauntings" etc.

Tehol is, as always, a pleasure. And once the marines hit Letheras the book really picks up.

Now, off to watch the Crimson Guard return. :D

--A

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”