A Feast For Crows -- Little Things! (SPOILERS)

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

A Feast For Crows -- Little Things! (SPOILERS)

Post by duchess of malfi »

I wanted to mention a few things I really really enjoyed in the book, but might not merit a topic of their own. :)

spoilers

Egg...Egg...I dreamed that I was old...
Made me cry. I have to go back and reread The Hedge Knight now, to try to figure out which if any of the Targ princes who appear in that story becomes my favorite Maester.

I loved it when Jaime told off Robb's evil nasty mother-in-law. :twisted:

And it was very touching to hear about how much Jeyne mourns Robb -- she really loved him -- and how her brother fought to try to protect Gray Wind at the Red Wedding! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And Cersei getting chased around before she was arrested. :D 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Re: A Feast For Crows -- Little Things! (SPOILERS)

Post by Sorus »

duchess of malfi wrote: And Cersei getting chased around before she was arrested. :D 8)
I think that was just about one of the most 'visual' scenes in the whole series.

Oh, the indignity!

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Re: A Feast For Crows -- Little Things! (SPOILERS)

Post by I'm Murrin »

duchess of malfi wrote:
Egg...Egg...I dreamed that I was old...
Made me cry. I have to go back and reread The Hedge Knight now, to try to figure out which if any of the Targ princes who appear in that story becomes my favorite Maester.
IIRC, he was the third son of the king (or fourth, possibly), if that helps. I'd heard Aemon appeared in the novella - haven't had a chance to read them myself, alas.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Haven't read it yet either. Wasn't it a graphic novel?

There's going to be a book of art from ASOIAF, haven't seen it yet, but it sounds pretty neat.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

They are being republished as graphic novels - I think the first one has already been done, may not have been published yet (I'm unsure). They were originally novellas in, IIRC, the Legends anthologies.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

The two Dunk and Egg stories are novellas in the Legends series edited by Robert Silverberg. The first one (if not both) was turned into a series of comic books and also a graphic novel.

The Hedge Knight is simply wonderful. :) Perhaps my favorite novella of all time. 8) The follow-up story is very good, too. :)
Love as thou wilt.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've been thinking, perhaps putting a bibliography up at the top of this forum might be useful? I'd be happy to make (read: cut-and-paste from GRRMs website) one.
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

The Dunk and Egg stories are the best in the two Legends collections. And they have some stiff competition. These are superb anthologies - I would recommend to anyone with a fairly good background in fantasy.

The first one, The Hedge Knight, was made into a pretty faithful graphic novel. I don't know if there are plans to do the second one, but my guess is yes.

I just recently ordered the SoIaF art book. Can't wait!! :D
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

there are plans yes. And the brothers who produce them are very nice people i might add.

also aemon is not *in* the hedge knight for those wondering, but he is alive in the time period and mentioned in passing. his younger brother aegon... or egg... who yes is a fourth son (making aemon third i believe) is the main character. egg... or aegon the unlikely. fourth son of a fourth son

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”