THOOLAH has come to redeem your mortal soul.

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Re: Please accept mey THOOLAH application.

Post by ussusimiel »

CerealKiller wrote:I humbly request that you please accept mey THOOLAH application.
All you need to be a member is to have the perspicacity to see the truth of Linden. You obviously have seen plenty of the Light. Welcome to THOOLAH! :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, CK.
Be Well Come and True.

Come tell us a little about yourself in the Say Hello in Here thread in The Summonsing.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

The THOOLAH thread never ceases to entertain me. :)

-jay
dlbpharmd
Lord

Re: Please accept mey THOOLAH application.

Post by dlbpharmd »

CerealKiller wrote:Lurker deLurking. I was kind of apathetic to Linden in the Second Chronicles, but I have developed such a frothing hatred of her that I have not been able to finish The Runes of the Earth. I have picked it up several times over the years but usually give up a little more than half way through. Does she get any more palatable in the following books? I may just give up on Ruins and start again at Fatal.
aTOMic, thanks for the bumper sticker in your July 16 post. I have it in my car back window, above my desk at work and use it as part of my avatar on other board.
I humbly request that you please accept mey THOOLAH application.
You had me at "frothing hatred." Welcome to THOOLAH!
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Here's a Zen riddle for you all. I trust that you'll find it enlightening...

Question:

Linden Avery, Jar Jar Binks (that character from Star Wars 1: The Phantom Menace) and an IRS inspector all coincidentally weigh exactly 125 pounds. They find themselves all at the top of the Empire State Building, feeling massively depressed - hardly a reach in Linden's case, since it's her natural state of being. Anyhow, they all feel so irredeemably hopeless that they decide to make a suicide pact and end it all. So, on the count of three, they all leap off at the exact same microsecond...

So, who hits the ground first?

Answer:
Spoiler
The ONLY correct answer is... who gives a crap? It's all good.
:nanaparty:
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

TheFallen wrote:Here's a Zen riddle for you all. I trust that you'll find it enlightening...

Question:

Linden Avery, Jar Jar Binks (that character from Star Wars 1: The Phantom Menace) and an IRS inspector all coincidentally weigh exactly 125 pounds. They find themselves all at the top of the Empire State Building, feeling massively depressed - hardly a reach in Linden's case, since it's her natural state of being. Anyhow, they all feel so irredeemably hopeless that they decide to make a suicide pact and end it all. So, on the count of three, they all leap off at the exact same microsecond...

Answer:
Spoiler

Simply awesome...
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

Since this is the 1st and 2nd Chrons forum, I can't get into specifics, but ROTE certainly contains information relevant to TheFallen's riddle. :roll:
CerealKiller
Servant of the Land

Post by CerealKiller »

aTOMiC wrote:
TheFallen wrote:Here's a Zen riddle for you all. I trust that you'll find it enlightening...

Question:

Answer:
Spoiler

Simply awesome...
Can we expand on that list? :biggrin:
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Aaaand we have a wiki entry for this cult! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
gapintomirrorland.wikia.com/wiki/THOOLAH

Could we please gain a permission to use the official THOOLAH graphics there as well? :biggrin: :twisted:

Defend the honor of the (somewhat whiny) Sun-Sage!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Frostheart wrote:Aaaand we have a wiki entry for this cult! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:LOLS:
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Menolly wrote:
Frostheart wrote:Aaaand we have a wiki entry for this cult! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:LOLS:
Glad you liked it. :twisted: Devoted Thoolahians grow oddly quiet when the Swordmainnir step in to defend Linden. :twisted:
Spoiler
We however do wish that Stave Rockbrother would give her a passionate, rock-hard staffing in the bushes, so that she would not blather about the stick for hours on end with that frown potent enough to curdle milk.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Now that the Final book has been written..

Who won???
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

THOOLAH, of course!

u.

P.S. In saying that Linden wasn't that annoying in TLD, but that may simply be a case of fractions. We only had 1/3 as much of her as in some of the other books (TC an Jeremiah shared out the rest of the time in TLD) :lol:
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Ur Dead wrote:Now that the Final book has been written..

Who won???
Nobody won. That's the whole damn point of THOOLAH.

Its like if your Mom made you your favorite meal from when you were a kid but mixed something in that you hated just to shake things up a bit. You would be crushed and disappointed. You would probably try to salvage the situation by eating around the icky parts but this isn't a pizza with anchovies on it. Its a book and you can't skip over the parts you don't care for (unless its the bible :-) )

Long Live THOOLAH!

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

What the heck is wrong with a pizza with anchovies on it? Sounds good to me!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Every other slice with anchovies for me, please...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Savor Dam wrote:What the heck is wrong with a pizza with anchovies on it? Sounds good to me!
Gross! 8O

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Tastes differ...which brings us back to Linden. Clearly, you and other THOOLAHans do not care for her...while those who are more favorably inclined toward her find piquiancy the intensity of her angst and the salt of her tears.

Linden...if the Chrons were a pizza, might Linden be the anchovy? Would Menolly want her to appear every other book? :P
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Okay. I've finally begun reading The Last Dark and I have to confess that the first chapter has completely changed my opinion of Linden Avery. I will now withdraw my membership in THOOLAH and happily embrace...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Just kidding.

Actually getting a heavy dose of LA at the beginning of TLD does nothing to change my feelings about the character.

I opened the book hoping for a final book Easter egg like if the opening chapter involved a scene taking place just before Covenant enters the Land for the first time in which Lord Mhoram describes Linden Avery's future acts of unremitting irritation and baffling levels of unrestrained treachery to High Lord Prothal who immediately voids his stomach at the thought of such evil unleashed upon his beloved home.

Nope, just more Linden Avery.

Perhaps the rest of the book will win me over for real.

Don't hold your breath. :-)

Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Savor Dam wrote:Tastes differ...which brings us back to Linden. Clearly, you and other THOOLAHans do not care for her...while those who are more favorably inclined toward her find piquiancy the intensity of her angst and the salt of her tears.

Linden...if the Chrons were a pizza, might Linden be the anchovy? Would Menolly want her to appear every other book? :P
I like Linden, but I'm not sure I like her as much as I like anchovies...food is good.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”