And the (past) winners are...

Spotlighting Watchers and posts that go Above and Beyond the call of duty.

Moderators: Menolly, [Syl]

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Thanks and congratulations everybody.

Thanks to the mods for going to the trouble too.

--A
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Congratulations to the winners, and commiserations to the runners up. Voting was difficult, but fun.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Huhwut? 2? Well, thanks everyone, and huge congrats to the other winners!! :biggrin: :beer: :7up:

Unfortunately lost my internet access for a bit, and of course had left voting balancing upon the whims of the last minutes. :hithead: Better luck next time, perhaps. Also would be nice to see some actual opponents in certain categories where folks either contested against themselves or the opposite of the absence of nothing.
[Syl Embattled] wrote: And hey, only a month and a half until we get to do it all over again. :mrgreen:
Well...Covenant's a Time Lord, but surely we didn't hop to the middle of November yet through some electoral caesure?
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Thanks guys! An honour to be included on the illustrious roll of Watchy winners.

I think I prevented Shaun from a clean sweep, she(ep) won three. A special congrats to her. Well deserved!

Thanks to [Syl] and Menolly for the effort they put in :yourock: It was good fun and it makes (relative) newbies like myself feel more part of the tradition of the Watch.

My biggest fear was that my thoroughly tongue-in-cheek nomination of Vraith for funniest Watcher might actually result in him getting a Watchy for it. Such positive reinforcement of an actual deficiency would have resulted in much mortification :oops:

*tears* And now there's just a few other people I'd like to thank. My first pet, Skipper ......

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Thanks!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Savor Dam wrote:...and even if ali lacks faith in her game submission, the Staff of Immunity questions were less difficult this time than in the last round.
So you say. :lol: I know I got one right for sure this time, which is what I knew I got right the last time.

Anyway, sorry to go off-topic. Congrats again to everybody! And thanks, as Av rightly says, to the co-mods (whose jobs ain't done yet, apparently).

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Thanks!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

ussusimiel wrote:
My biggest fear was that my thoroughly tongue-in-cheek nomination of Vraith for funniest Watcher might actually result in him getting a Watchy for it. Such positive reinforcement of an actual deficiency would have resulted in much mortification :oops:
u.
See, unfortunately for u., u are trapped because all your choices conduce to my ends. ;)
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Sheriff, may I suggest a "Best Straight Man" Watchy category for next year? If so, I'll nominate Vraith with u. as his foil...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Best duo? Certainly a possibility.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Congratulations to all the winnders. It was a pleasure to runner-up to so many of you. :)
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Thank-you to Syl & Menolly for organizing this grand election.
Thank-you so much for my gongs and to those who made typos when voting, bestowing them on me.
Congratulations to my favourite pumpkin, a VERY worthy NotY winner. Had I not abstained from the categories I was in, I would have ticked the box marked 'squash'.

Now bring on the WotY rematch! I'm looking forward to the blood :evil:
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Menolly wrote:Sheriff, may I suggest a "Best Straight Man" Watchy category for next year? If so, I'll nominate Vraith with u. as his foil...
I sometimes wonder if I'm just an alt Vraith created 8O No, No! That's too meta. I am me! I AM meeeeeeeee!

u?
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

ussusimiel wrote:
Menolly wrote:Sheriff, may I suggest a "Best Straight Man" Watchy category for next year? If so, I'll nominate Vraith with u. as his foil...
I sometimes wonder if I'm just an alt Vraith created 8O No, No! That's too meta. I am me! I AM meeeeeeeee!

u?
Dude, I could never create u. U say things/give me opportunities I couldn't possibly imagine. Even God can't make him/herself the Devil. [I mean god and devil in the most humble possible senses.] :goodnevil:
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

when do we get the award?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

You have it.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Shaun das Schaf wrote: Thank-you so much for my gongs and to those who made typos when voting, bestowing them on me.
Besides the instrument, what's a gong? Something pertaining to wollon?
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

It's slang for a medal or other award. :D
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Congratulations to all the winners! :clap:
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Now that the results are final...

Thank you, everyone. It's an honor to be in such illustrious company, past and present. To those who voted for me (I know who you are ;), which is a slight mark against the system to be avoided in the future), while I question your judgment, I am touched and humbled by your support. And to those who didn't... *shakes Fist*... I kid, I kid. My co-WsOTY(s) are amazing people whose recognition here is overdue.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner

Return to “The Watchy Awards Forum”