SUPER POWERS

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

Whats the best thing about having super-powers??

kicking ass!
54%
knowing your better than everyone else!
No votes
knowing there's no competition .. and you have a monopoly on superduperness
14%
hey there's no criptonite on earth!!
No votes
doing what ever we want and getting away with it .. maybe;)
11%
doing what ever we want and getting away with it .. maybe;)
11%
like who's gonna stop me???
11%
invisibility can have its upside Teresa??
No votes
being the boss of the world!!!!
No votes

Total votes: 28

Skyweir
Lord of Light

SUPER POWERS

Post by Skyweir »

If you had your choice of super-powers which one/s would you choose?

Limit yourself to known super-powers .. you know like those that really exist 8O :wink: :wink: :P :P LOLS ..

nah .. you know like Super Man .. super-powers (SP).. Invisible Man SP .. or like Hercules SP .. or any of the Greek god-like powers .. or a mutant like the X-men .. make up your own .. :wink:

or what about being a god .. :wink: :wink: ... mmm .. i could go being a god .. if you were a god what would you and could you do??

mmm .. i like it!!!

ok so who or what would you be and what are your powers?? what could you do?? .. would you champion a cause? would you use your super-powers to do some good .. or to make bags of money??
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

There goes my thread about immortals down the drain. :roll:

I`d like to be Wonder Woman - in fact hubbie already thinks I am :lol:

I like the way she handles herself in a fight, like the lasso thingy - no man is gonna get away from her if she so desires, she has a cool invisible plane and the costume is pretty cool (just have to make sure I maintain my figure and a tan for that one). :wink:
Oh, and I forgot - doesn`t she have those funky wrist bands that can deflect bullets and stuff?... And the headband that acts like a boomerang? .. or is that a figment of my imagination? :?

Don`t think I`d be greedy - just fight for truth, justice, and the... erm..... democratic way? :D
Last edited by Infelice on Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

no you're thread is still there .. no drains for that thread!!

immortality and super-power/hero-dom is not the same .. similar but not the same .. :wink: :wink:

((infelice)) t's ok W.W ..
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Guest »

:lol:
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Guess who the guest is...... :oops:
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I think the Power of Invisibility, coupled with major league strenght, and the ability to summons flaming balls of disintegration and desecration from your hands and tossing them in the direction of those you don't like.....would be cool.

It's kinda like Charmed meets Superman with a bit of Invisibility tossed in...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Invisibility would be among the coolest. But I know that I'd never leave the women's locker room, and I'd waste my entire life. So I'd have to pick flying. Which is cooler anyway.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Hmmmmmm...I always thought being able to fly would be incredibly cool! I've had a few dreams were I could fly and these dreams still stick with me to this day! It was an amazing feeling (although, in the dream I did need to get a running start!)!

Invisibility would be cool but I'd prefer to be more of a participant than a spectator...Let's go for some form of mental control or maybe even the ability to change into someone else (Ala Mystique of X-Men fame). :oops:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I've always thought the ability to teleport from one place to another would be the coolest. Go anywhere you want, put FedEx out of business, etc.

Reminds me of a joke, but it's on the adult side (gleaned from the movie Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon)
Spoiler
So one day Superman is flying above the city. He looks down and sees Wonderwoman sunbathing completely naked and thinks, "Man, I'd like to have a piece of that... Well, I am faster than a speeding bullet. I could fly down there, do my thing, and be off before she even noticed." So he does. A second later Wonderwoman sits up and says, "What the hell was that?!?

"I don't know, but my ass sure is sore," says the Invisible Man.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

8O Funny, that joke actually popped into my head as I was reading this thread also! I just didn't have the nuts to post it! Very funny though! :lol:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Like who's gonna stop me! 8O :lol: There's my vote!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I didn't vote cuz "Gettin' Chicks!" wasn't a choice... :(
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

:lol: Lois Lane! Mary Jane! :twisted: (the girl, btw. not whatever else you were thinking of! ;))
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Kicking butt is definately the way to go! :twisted:
Love as thou wilt.

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Caer Sylvanus wrote:I've always thought the ability to teleport from one place to another would be the coolest. Go anywhere you want, put FedEx out of business, etc.

Reminds me of a joke, but it's on the adult side (gleaned from the movie Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon)
Spoiler
So one day Superman is flying above the city. He looks down and sees Wonderwoman sunbathing completely naked and thinks, "Man, I'd like to have a piece of that... Well, I am faster than a speeding bullet. I could fly down there, do my thing, and be off before she even noticed." So he does. A second later Wonderwoman sits up and says, "What the hell was that?!?

"I don't know, but my ass sure is sore," says the Invisible Man.
Well ladies, there is the perfect reason for why a girl shouldn`t marry Superman. 8O
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I would choose to have both invulnerability and increased strength; adequate enough for me to pick up a truck, and throw it about, say........to Pluto.
Then no bad guy could stop you, because you's just put a fist through his chest.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I wouldn't want super powers! The burden would be too heavy, and power corrupts, they say. ;)
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I would want super intelligence. It is the most useful power anyway.

Astral projection would be a good second I think.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Ryzel wrote:I would want super intelligence. It is the most useful power anyway.
For reasons that are too complicated for any of you to understand, it hasn't done as much for me as one might expect.

*very quickly runs and ducks for cover*

(Hey Vain, got that "supressed laughter" emoticon for me yet?:))
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

oh hahahahahaha that was a good one!!! :P :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :LOLS:

I cant believe this I leave this thread for 1 day and its taken off!!

I want to be a god!! have ultimate power .. create worlds .. leap tall buildings .. invincibility .. prolly super strength too!!

Hercules was a god .. or half a god .. and he was super strong .. mmm .. I'd really like to fly!! mm .. yes .. and well invisibility would be interesting :wink: :wink: :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”