TCMUD

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

arwenavery
Woodhelvennin

TCMUD

Post by arwenavery »

sorry :oops:

i know by now your all wonderin if i actually have a braincell ...but what is a mud

im not very good at computer stuff so if anyone has a diluted explanation id be very happy:):) :mrgreen: ( i just put Mr. Green in there cause i just discovered him ....pathectic isnt even strong enough to describe me:):))
Hearthcoal
Lord

Post by Hearthcoal »

AA, this the site for you:

What is a MUD?

MUD stands for

Multi-User Dungeon
Multi-User Domain, or
Multi-User Dimension

Basically it's an online fantasy/role-playing game involving multiple players (it's sort of Dungeons and Dragons meets the Internet).
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Anyone know if there IS a MUD relevant to TCTC???
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

On page 2 of the Thomas Covenant Discussion there is a thread called "A Covenant Mud" this quote by Gaunt may help:
Well, if you don't know what a server is, you probably couldn't help. We're talking a computer running Linux for an operating system, with a fairly high connection so we don't steal up too much of it, like cable, t1, adsl, and so on. I'm calling the owner of our old server tomorrow (3-19) and seeing whats up, so we may not even need a new server. I spoke with him earlier this month at a meeting we attend, and he mentioned not haveing the server up soon due to costs of bandwidth being too high. Either way we're still working on the MUD, it just isn't up in any way at the moment. Once again, we do have a webpage, its in my information under homepage, or heck, i'll just post a link here. landsblight.siffer.net
This site goes down every once in a while, but it's been fine for at least a week =P. Check it out for a little more information about the MUD, although not much. The site is under construction just about as much as the MUD is, but I try to update it regularly. All of the e-mail info and such is current to the best of my knowledge. I think thats it.
fall far and well Pilots!
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

H&BD, the link doesn't work.

Yet I will go and have a squiz at the thread you got it from, danlo, should be interesting.

Thanks for your assistance ... have I not said that you were well ... helpful! :)
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Dang I just copied it I didn't click on it--I would send a PM 2 Luminkant or Gaunt, 4 more info, if I were u... :?
fall far and well Pilots!
Lumikant
Stonedownor

Post by Lumikant »

yeah, pmsg me! theres a link to the thread about the mud in my signiture
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

TCMUD

Post by sgt.null »

its all Greek to me.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon