QUESTION: What do you want from Mallory?

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

QUESTION: What do you want from Mallory?

Post by ChoChiyo »

Please state only what YOU Personally want from Mallory--I want positive statements only--no saying what you DON'T want that others are doing.

Please be specific--example: I want intellectually stimulating games such as _____.

Also, please give your opinion regarding limiting the number of A-B-
C and other games which are very similar to a certain number.

Finally, I would like some imput regarding a "Code of Conduct" (a very informal one) for Mallory.

Once I get some data, I will create polls and we will all decide together what should be done.

No meanness will be allowed. Anything *I* consider nasty will be deleted.

(me=old maid school marm...:) )

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

As the founding member of the Illustrious Order for Mallorys Purity, it is my duty and honour to suggest that ABC games be kept at a minimum, games like the Sentence Game remain on the first page of intellectual stimulation, and a code of conduct be inforced. ;)

Then we will have peace. ;)
Last edited by Loredoctor on Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Heck if I know?When I first came here I posted in the Thomas Covenant discussions quite regularly,but as I got to know people and became more at ease The Watch became a place not only devoted to my favorite books,but a place I went to relax and forget about my troubles.That said Mallory's has its place IMO,a very important place in the diversity of The Watch.If you feel you need to be the 'content policeman' for Mallory's please just do what you will and do not belittle posters with a condecending attitude,if threads or posts just dissapear that would not be as disturbing to people as this sudden and brash attack on members intelligence and skewering of their reasoning processes.Do you truly not think now that this issue could not have been handled in a way that caused fewer hurt feelings and less raw nerves?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry, that was meant to be tongue in cheek - I didnt add winking emoticons because I assumed people would get that I was kidding. The last line was a quote from Star Wars - keeping in with my signature.
My fault. Sorry.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

I want a funny innane Silly Games section.

"Who Would Win?"
"ABC Comics Forever"
"ABC Size Matters"

are some of my favorites,

and occaisonally

"ABC How to get banned"
"ABC How to break a date"

Of course, I also like the "complete my sentence game" and "change a letter game" - but sometimes my head hurts so I do the others!! ;)
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

Sunbaneglasses wrote:Heck if I know?When I first came here I posted in the Thomas Covenant discussions quite regularly,but as I got to know people and became more at ease The Watch became a place not only devoted to my favorite books,but a place I went to relax and forget about my troubles.That said Mallory's has its place IMO,a very important place in the diversity of The Watch.If you feel you need to be the 'content policeman' for Mallory's please just do what you will and do not belittle posters with a condecending attitude,if threads or posts just dissapear that would not be as disturbing to people as this sudden and brash attack on members intelligence and skewering of their reasoning processes.Do you truly not think now that this issue could not have been handled in a way that caused fewer hurt feelings and less raw nerves?
S.M.U.G. wants YOU! :thumbsup:
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I want it to stay free, like it is now. The 'Add a "Q" Game' is brilliant; people come from around the globe to partake in it's glorious symmetry; 'ACB's uf Mispelt Wurds' is deceptively complcated; people come from around the globe to partake in it's gloreeus simmatree; Baker's dozen is a blast; people come from around the globe to partake in it's bakerous dozeness; and the 'Finish my sentence' game is.....

.....people come from around the globe to partake in it's.......
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

just get rid of a few of the redundant threads. maybe limit the number of pages each thread gets to and be done with it.
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Loremaster wrote:As the founding member of the Illustrious Order for Mallorys Purity, it is my duty and honour to suggest that ABC games be kept at a minimum, games like the Sentence Game remain on the first page of intellectual stimulation, and a code of conduct be inforced. ;)

Then we will have peace. ;)
hem hem... Loremaster, you know how I love you like a brother, but I started it, I posted about Mallory's and you agreed with me... and the debate started from there.

Don't take my glory. ;)

At any rate, I want a fun forum, with as little spam as possible... and once it has reached a certain amount, the topic restarted.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I want to come here and not see a page so full of pointless crap that I can't be bothered to search for the interesting threads in the morass.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Murrin wrote:I want to come here and not see a page so full of pointless crap that I can't be bothered to search for the interesting threads in the morass.
:Hail:

I also want to commend Cho's topic, and her being an effective mod. 8)

Well done Cho :yourock:
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

How do you feel about me posting an information gathering thread in which people give me their list of games which they absolute want to keep--no matter what.

There's no need to give a reason. The simple fact that you enjoy it enough to want to preserve it is enough.

Then, I can (if that's what the people of the Forum wish) lock the threads that no one cares about and we can move on.

I'm for disabling post count forum wide myself--what's the point of it, really?

But that's just one (scathingly brilliant) woman's opinion.

;)

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

ChoChiyo wrote:....

But that's just one (scathingly brilliant) woman's opinion.
Who is also QUEEN!! :D ;)
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Recluce
Woodhelvennin

Post by Recluce »

She is a wise Mistress of the forums.....

This posting of hers shows that agreement can be reached without bloodshed.... but don't be the first to post poorly and give a negative opinion. If there is to be any bloodshed, she will be the one ordering it done!

I like some of the games/stories that we have on the IBDoF. SOME of them actually make me think, and in the end not only have viable content, but are a real pleasure to read and re-read. I'd take something like the 6-word story over any kind of spammish game any day.
Cute and deadly, still deadly.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

there is a post count because we are curious creatures by nature. a just have trouble saying one post is more valid because of some artificial rule of merit. I like the shop. but it gets tiring with all of the snarky anti-mallory comments. general discussion have some rather unmeritous threads. but nobody goes on about them.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I haven't been in Mallorys much lately...I haven't had much time so haven't been at the Watch much at all...but what do I want from Mallorys?

I want a place where I can come and play silly games when the urge hits for the simple reason that they can be fun, and because I sometimes find them to be relaxing after a hard night at work. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

I want a place where I can come and play silly games when the urge hits for the simple reason that they can be fun, and because I sometimes find them to be relaxing after a hard night at work.
Well said Duchess.... I often use Mallorys as a place to get my brain unstuck at work. Sometimes I need to completely distract myself from a problem to solve it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i want coupons so i get can get stuff at the shop for half-off.

cleaning clutter would be nice. dump any thread i didn't start. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Hee hee.

I don't think I have the POWAH to provide discount coupons.

Hee hee hee.

Cho

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I'd say most any game...wether it's intellectual or silly should be fine...just not too many.
Perhaps a limit.
As in once a game reaches 10 full pages of posts, it get locked and removed.
That would keep new fresh games coming without cluttering up the forum
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”