Worst Movie Lines

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Cail
Lord

Worst Movie Lines

Post by Cail »

You know what I'm talking about. Those lines that are so tacky they make you want to puke.

Who could forget such classics as.....

"Get off my plane!" from Air Force One, or

"Now that's what I call a close encounter" from ID4.

What else we got?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Pretty much any of the dialog between Annakin and Padme in Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith. It would be very hard to pick out the worst bit. :crazy:
Love as thou wilt.

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I always thought the "Stick around." from Predator was a bit much but coming from Arnie I can almost forgive it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Pretty much any of the dialog between Annakin and Padme in Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith.
Yes, you can pretty much pick anything out. My favorite though will always be "Anakin!!! You're breaking my heart!!!"

Another Aaaaaahnold classic:

"Freeze!" ~ as Mr. Freeze, in Batman and Robin.

Such a terrible movie.-jay
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

:P
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

"NoOoOoOoOoOoOo!!!!!!" - Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, "Revenge of G. Lucas"
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

From Superman IV (itself one of the worst movies I've ever seen):

Nuclear Man: "If you don't tell me where she is, I will hurt people!"
Superman: "Stop, don't do it! The people!"

Nuclear Man: "Destroy! Destroy Superman now!"
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ohhhh MM, that made my head hurt.

I foolishly rewatched ID4 yesterday (my daughter hadn't seen it), and that movie is just chock full 'o bad dialogue. I would have loved to have listened in on the set...."OK Mr. Quaid, we need you to act drunker. Now, act super-patriotic!". And of course, the two lines that are in any movie with a dogfight....

"There's too many of them!"

and....

"They're coming in too fast!"
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Cail wrote:Ohhhh MM, that made my head hurt.

I foolishly rewatched ID4 yesterday (my daughter hadn't seen it), and that movie is just chock full 'o bad dialogue. I would have loved to have listened in on the set...."OK Mr. Quaid, we need you to act drunker. Now, act super-patriotic!". And of course, the two lines that are in any movie with a dogfight....

"There's too many of them!"

and....

"They're coming in too fast!"

Um. In defense of the film I think you'd have to agree that they WERE coming in too fast and there WERE too many of them.

:-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

You guys are posting Shakespearean sonnets. Time to break out the real ammo. The following is from Troll 2, #3 film on the Bottom 100 at IMDB.com.
Michael: Do you see this writing?... Do you know what it means?... Hospitality. And you can't piss on hospitality! I won't allow it. (He starts to take his belt off)
Joshua: What are you gonna do to me?
Michael: I'm tightening my belt one loop so that I don't feel hunger pains, and I suggest your mother and sister do likewise.

And now some lines from 'Manos' the Hands of Fate. Not only is it the worst film ever made, but it is empirical proof that there is no God.
Torgo: There is nothing to fear, madam. The Master likes you. Nothing will happen to you. He likes you.
Margaret: Likes me? I thought you said he was dead.
Torgo: Dead? No, madam. Not dead the way you know it. He is with us always. Not dead the way you know it. He is with us always.
Cop: [to the drunk teenagers] Well, whatever it is you're *not* doing, go *don't* do it somewhere else!
Michael: [gesturing at the painting] That must be your master. Where did you say he was again?
Torgo: He has left this world, but he is with us always. No matter where we go he is with us.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

That's a given Foul. You quote Manos, you're basically trumping everything. It's sort of like bringing a tactical nuke to a fistfight.

But ID4 and AF1 were serious, mainstream films. That's what makes those lines so horrid.
Bloodguard

Post by Prom_STar »

This is from Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter, the worst movie of all time, hands down.

While Jesus is busy fighting Lesbian Vampires in a junkyard (which is somehow televized) an evil scientist is watching the TV. Suddenly, Jesus is behind him.
Evil Scientist: Hey. I just saw you on the TV in the junkyard
Jesus (in his best badass voice): I'm everywhere.

Or, when God is talking to Jesus through his ice cream (which has a moving mouth).
Jesus: Oh, it's just you, dad.
Was auch immer komm, dieses weiß ich für sicher:
Ich bin zurückgekauft.

Wenn Diamanten reichlich war, würden sie keinen Wert haben. Echter Wert kommt nich aus schönheit--er kommt aus seltenheit.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I must see that movie....
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

...trippin'
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Any line from Star Wars A New Hope
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

You earth people are stupid! STUPID!"
Plan 9 From OUter Space.
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

You can be my wingman any time."

Top Gun
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

They may take our lives, but they will never take OUR FREEDOM!"
Braveheart.

(I cringe everytime I hear this.--- my wife loves the movie -- I like Rob Roy. GOd! It's so cheesy...)
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I love Braveheart, but that line is exactly what I'm talking about.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Prom_STar wrote:This is from Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter, the worst movie of all time, hands down.

While Jesus is busy fighting Lesbian Vampires in a junkyard (which is somehow televized) an evil scientist is watching the TV. Suddenly, Jesus is behind him.
Evil Scientist: Hey. I just saw you on the TV in the junkyard
Jesus (in his best badass voice): I'm everywhere.

Or, when God is talking to Jesus through his ice cream (which has a moving mouth).
Jesus: Oh, it's just you, dad.
This sounds amazing, i MUST see it. :lol:
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.

Return to “Flicks”