FATAL REVENANT DRAFT ONE FINISHED!!!

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

FATAL REVENANT DRAFT ONE FINISHED!!!

Post by Seareach »

Well Ladies and Gentlemen...here's some news for you (direct from SRD's News Page on his website)
"Fatal Revenant" news

The first draft of "Fatal Revenant" is now finished. But don't get your hopes up. I anticipate a year of rewriting--and editorial to-ing and fro-ing--before D&A ("delivery and acceptance"); and my publishers may not commit to a schedule for release until after D&A.

"Fatal Revenant" is roughly 150 pages longer than "The Runes of the Earth" was at this stage. As I recall, I cut about 125 pages out of "Runes" before publication. I think we can assume that the same thing will happen to "Fatal Revenant," so the final version will still be somewhat longer than "Runes".

2/24/06

:biggrin:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Great news! Thanks Sea!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

Yay!

Well done Seareach!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Great news! Thanks! :)
Love as thou wilt.

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Great News.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Wonderful news!
Nerdanel
Bloodguard

Post by Nerdanel »

(Tries to think up an original comment. Fails)

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I failed even worse so....

Nerdanel wrote:(Tries to think up an original comment. Fails)

I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Prom_STar
Bloodguard

Post by Prom_STar »

It's funny. We're all excited about this (I am certainly no exception) but this doesn't change the fact that FR won't come out until.... 2007. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Was auch immer komm, dieses weiß ich für sicher:
Ich bin zurückgekauft.

Wenn Diamanten reichlich war, würden sie keinen Wert haben. Echter Wert kommt nich aus schönheit--er kommt aus seltenheit.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

And LATE 2007 at that, if then - maybe as late as 2008?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I never would have thought it would have taken so long.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

You can't rush genious.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
..Uhh a penny saved is a penny earned?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Cool, thanks for the news Seareach. :)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Actually, if you read the whole post, he also reveals how much time it took him to write Revenant and how much it took him to write Runes - 16 and 20 months, respectively - so he's getting faster :D
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

heh, good. ;)

Maybe by the time it'll take to write the forth one, it'll be out within seconds of the third one.

;)

We can hope. ;)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Remember, it's a first draft. It might need a lot of editting.
Sample of Fatal Revenant wrote: See Linden. See Linden run. Run Lindin, run.

See Tom. See Tom and Lindin. Tom's unambergrised guilt formicated Linden's puissant perceptions and eradicated her unalloyed thaumaturgy.

Go, Tom, Go.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Speaking of which, I found this un-credited blurb on the web.
[u][url]www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/SF-Archives/Ansible/a50.html[/url][/u] wrote:Martin Morse Wooster confirms: `Secrets from the Del Rey Files. It turns out that, in Judy-Lynn's last years, the house of Del Rey had three major editors. Judy-Lynn handled SF; Lester handled fantasy; and an anonymous junior editor was detailed to spend her time exclusively editing the mighty Stephen R.Donaldson. My mole reports that Donaldson's copy was so vile that Lester refused to touch it, delegating all responsibility to sub-editors. (Donaldson is on a special shortlist of writers whose work Lester can't stand, but whom he bought Because They Sold. Other writers on this select list are Terry Brooks and Piers Anthony.)
-- September, 1987
I mention this as it goes towards how much work might still remain before this book is published.
Prom_STar
Bloodguard

Post by Prom_STar »

Wayfriend wrote:Remember, it's a first draft. It might need a lot of editting.
Sample of Fatal Revenant wrote: See Linden. See Linden run. Run Lindin, run.

See Tom. See Tom and Lindin. Tom's unambergrised guilt formicated Linden's puissant perceptions and eradicated her unalloyed thaumaturgy.

Go, Tom, Go.
That has got to be the funniest thing I have seen all day. Somone should submit that to the GI and ask:
"Dear Steve,
do your rough drafts look something like this?"
Was auch immer komm, dieses weiß ich für sicher:
Ich bin zurückgekauft.

Wenn Diamanten reichlich war, würden sie keinen Wert haben. Echter Wert kommt nich aus schönheit--er kommt aus seltenheit.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Yes, somebody do that... let's make the man laugh once in a while, he doesn't get that many funny questions in the GI ;)
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Xar wrote:Actually, if you read the whole post, he also reveals how much time it took him to write Revenant and how much it took him to write Runes - 16 and 20 months, respectively - so he's getting faster :D
He must have added that later (as the original post didn't have that information on it)...maybe he's trying to console people (ie: he's working as fast as he can).

Wayfriend wrote:Speaking of which, I found this un-credited blurb on the web.
[u][url]www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/SF-Archives/Ansible/a50.html[/url][/u] wrote:Martin Morse Wooster confirms: `Secrets from the Del Rey Files. It turns out that, in Judy-Lynn's last years, the house of Del Rey had three major editors. Judy-Lynn handled SF; Lester handled fantasy; and an anonymous junior editor was detailed to spend her time exclusively editing the mighty Stephen R.Donaldson. My mole reports that Donaldson's copy was so vile that Lester refused to touch it, delegating all responsibility to sub-editors. (Donaldson is on a special shortlist of writers whose work Lester can't stand, but whom he bought Because They Sold. Other writers on this select list are Terry Brooks and Piers Anthony.)
-- September, 1987
I mention this as it goes towards how much work might still remain before this book is published.
That's actually quite funny; but I don't know Wayfriend: I would hope that over time he's got "better" at what he does, (although I did laugh at your "See Linden Run" Fatal Revenant first draft version...but I've got a hunch it's not as bad as that! ;) )

Return to “Fatal Revenant”