Pantheon 1.0 - GAME OVER

Moderator: Xar

Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

Considering your luck, I wouldn't hold out much hope for that wager.

You expect me to stand and watch while a city is destroyed on the offchance that Nephirthos has transported the queen to his most isolated and (presumably) poorly defended city? Are you that much of a fool?

If whoever paid the mercenaries can give me a good reason why I shouldn't protect the innocents of Ramos, then I'll listen.
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

You presume much, Amplarx. For instance, are there any innocents in Ramos and do they want your protection?

I expect nothing, only hope that you'd use that piece of meat between your ears. And since I seem to have set the seed of thought in such inhospitable ground, I consider my efforts here a success.
"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
-E. Gibbon
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I asked him to protect Ramos from attack. The Mercenaries belong to the God of War.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Toringian, God of War
Servant of the Land

Post by Toringian, God of War »

The mercenaries are not in my employ. No one has paid them even a coin. Warriors simply fight and their motives are not always the will of the God of War.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

In that case, my estimation of Toringian has increased... but pity that is not the case.
-E. Gibbon
Movahl
Servant of the Land

Post by Movahl »

Amplarx wrote:Considering your luck, I wouldn't hold out much hope for that wager.

You expect me to stand and watch while a city is destroyed on the offchance that Nephirthos has transported the queen to his most isolated and (presumably) poorly defended city? Are you that much of a fool?

If whoever paid the mercenaries can give me a good reason why I shouldn't protect the innocents of Ramos, then I'll listen.
Nephirthos incited a bloody rebellion in an otherwise peaceful kingdom - is this not simply the exersion of natural justice?

Besides, he did state he wanted the north, so the loss of his southern city should not be particularly upsetting.

As for you Toringian, it seems obvious to me that as long as there is fighting going on you are happy, despite what you may say here in public. Your crusade against Argothoth and your participation in the overthrow of the nothern king, not to mention his murder and the sacrifice of his children, shows that you are essentially the same as Nephirthos. The only difference I can see is that we are all aware of his desire to spread chaos.
Those who are as nothing shall be raised above all others.
Toringian, God of War
Servant of the Land

I had no part in the sacrifice. Those followers of my mine who would commit such an act shall be banished.
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

Oh my darling brothers, you really DO weary me with your wars and squabbles. I'm not pleased that you all are in such enmity. It saddens me that so much ill comes from so much strife. I have no wish to participate in your 'boy games', but if you insist, then I may have to put a few warnings out (not to mention some pretty nasty natural disasters).

PLEASE. Can we bring ANY of this to the negotiation table?

On a brighter note, my dear ol' Vargath and his apprentices in Eryn Sidh have bred a wonderful new species - the Wurms! yes, they do look like humungous earthworms, but their worth will be proven when you see these babies till the soil! My people no longer need to toil in unfertile land, for with the introduction of these amazing creatures, they are literally churning the place up & self-fertilizing! Don't worry, we have strict number controls, and no breeding outside Eryn Sidh is being undertaken. But already the hinterlands around the forests are starting to burgeon with produce! Nobody will ever hunger in this region! If any of my brethren wish, I will supply their barren lands with Wurms and we shall make things green and good again. What say you?

(Oh, and just a small note - Ryddi and I are going to have a small...ahem...holiday together (this goddess business is rather exhausting, and I have some other ideas what to do with my rather attractive main man! ;)

I shall return on Sunday night - with a rather self-satisfied smirk on my face I expect!)
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

You inspired them, Toringian.
Toringian, God of War
Servant of the Land

But what is inspiration? Does the moon not inspire poets to write? Does a lake not inspire the hungry to fish? Does gold not inspire men to seek it?
Perhaps your contemptible malice is what inspired these warriors and mercenaries to fight...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Nephirthos strives to secure the west. His new cities close in the seas down the length of that coastline, and place his followers on either side of your cities, brethren. Ware his actions, lest he gain half a continent.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Aye, that does appear to be his intention. He will have a harder time of it than he imagined, though.
-E. Gibbon
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

But I am not attacking anyone... I am? If I had any intention of attack someone, I would have done it by now.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

After your attack on Bhakti and the recent slaughter in the North, one can only surmise it's a matter of time.
-E. Gibbon
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Well in the words of Toringian, I just inspired them. Toringian also had a hand in it. Actually, Toringian has also attacked you several times. Strange how you treat him differently. Bhakti attacked me first.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

I have no memory of Toringian, or anyone, for that matter, attacking me. Do you care to provide some details on that?

And enough of the self pity. Shall we rename you Cryonyssus, the God of Whine? You don't really think anyone gives credence to your Bhakti ploy, do you?
-E. Gibbon
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Toringian's crusade marched against Argothoth
hmmm, that seems to be an attack on another God.
Toringian was also a part in taking down the Northern Kingdom. Bhakti also started a crusade against me and before you say that 'he had no control over it' then I guess I had no control over mine.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

ehehe, very well... Toringian follwers attacked me but not for his order... Infact he stopped them to attack me...
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

The sad part is that, despite all of his lies that all see through with no effort, Nephirthos will rule this world. There is no way to prevent it. He gains worshipers whenever there is strife, and there is strife everywhere. Eventually, the few who will not worship him will be dead at the hands of those who do. At which point, their Malice will have no target but each other, and they will tear each other apart until only one is left. A sad story, but, mark my words, it will come to pass. Fortunately, I will be gone long before the end.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

I will stand aside from Ramos. I have received promises from the attackers that all innocents will be spared and allowed to leave the city unharmed. Only those who fight will be harmed.

I consider the slaughter in the North to be adequate justification for the attack on Ramos. Nephirthos cannot be allowed to spill innocent blood without some kind of consequences.

I will not aid in the attack, but I will remain nearby so as to be able to become involved if any innocents should happen to come under attack.
Conduct yourself always with honour.

Return to “Pantheon”