Pantheon 1.0 - GAME OVER

Moderator: Xar

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Turn 14 is over. The deadline for turn 15 is next sunday, 11 pm GMT.

Check the Comments thread for news.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I mislike this development at Ramos. Does this poison linger? Do men still suffer its vitriol? I would provide aid, if it is necessary.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Gods and Goddesses,

The fourth year is nearly upon us. As promised, I am hosting a series of competitions to celebrate. By the end of the next turn, your champion or champions, no team numbering greater than seven, please, shall need to be in L'im Verthackas. You can send anyone you choose, and you can bless them if you choose. Sumptuous accomodations shall be provided.

Again, as promised, there is a prize for the winner of the most competitions. An artifact of great beauty, sure to draw followers and the envy of other gods. ;)

The game is open to all, including unaligned mortals seeking fame and fortune.

I invoke Xar, the Allfather, to watch over these games. He will determine who wins.

Good luck to you all,
Solus
"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
-E. Gibbon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

*sigh*
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

And once all the best are gathered in one place,
BAM!!!!!
A bolt of evil energy strikes from the north.

Then, we all carry on with our 8th best people.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I have no desire to enter these games. I am too busy being attacked.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

I figured that would be a concern, so security will be increased accordingly. But for reasons Bhakti suggests, it's probably just as well you don't send anyone you can't live without. It's a matter of how much you're willing to wager, of course.

Nephirthos, anyone you send will be treated with the same dignity and respect as that of any other deity. I personally guarantee his or her safe passage. But if you choose not to participate, that is understandable. Predictable, even, as you seem to have no interest in anything so peaceful or civilised.
-E. Gibbon
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

The Chronicles of Vargath, Grand Wizard and Lorekeeper of the Gospels of Elauradaneth.

And thus it was, in the far great North, that the people of Nephirthos came to hear of the Great Goddess whose people lay hidden in the eternal forests of Sîdh and Alfirin.

A great clamour arose in the cities of the Black Citadel and Darkmoon and Devil's Keep and Joium and Krypta and Nephirthos and Thorden, and many believed they heard the clear singing of a thousand nightingales calling them to the borders of the forest on a full moon night. And lo, it was good that their hearts were not entirely corrupted by Malice, for the Beauty of the Song and the cool Magic of Nature stirred them to follow.

A mighty throng they were; men and women, great and small, rich and poor, young and old. They gathered in a large coppice at the leading edge of Eryn Sîdh. The colossal oak trees sighed in the soft breeze and the birdsong ceased not, but held sway over all who hearkened.

Moonbeams danced in the mist at the centre of the grove and the people marvelled at the Magic of this night. Then, a golden glow began to radiate from the midst of the most ancient oak in the centre of the grove. And the people sighed in wonder at this, and all eyes turned there.

For appearing before them was the most beautiful woman. Fair skinned and fair haired, of Beauty which defied description in word or thought. When She smiled, the nightingales’ chorus swelled and made their hearts ache with longing. She raised her arms as though to embrace all Creation, and spoke in a voice sweeter than angel-song.

“Be welcome, dear children. Set not your hearts toward Malice any longer, for they are not made of stone. Open them instead to the Beauty of Nature, and Magic will surely happen.”

One brave lad, falling to his knees before this vision of loveliness, asked that he may know her name. She touched his cheek and he wept like a child who has found a beloved plaything thought lost. “I am Elauradaneth, Goddess of Beauty, Nature and Magick. Be of good cheer, young Dârien, for I have chosen you to be my messenger and my disciple. Know this, peoples of the Northern cities, that those who would learn the ways of Nature and Magick and carry the lore to the far reaches of this world will know no greater reward. Let Malice and Chaos strive no more for dominion over your hearts. Be free to dwell in peace, and I shall teach you the Old Ways, the ways of truth and light and eternal Beauty.”

And they fell on their knees as the boy had done, and lo did they raise Her name unto the great full Moon, praising her Beauty and the Beauty of all Nature.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Isn't Vargie wonderful? Such a poet, and a whiz in the Wizard department...
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

*Didn't know that happened to my followers, no stuggestion in PM or anything. So then....*

Zamoras Manuscript Secrets smell malice

And a mist, foul and wicked, spread throughout the land. For everyone who was touched by the mist their heart did turn to malice and his mind to chaos. Seeking only to destroy.

The mist swooped into the surrounding forests. The trees turned a hideous black with the loss of its precious leaves. The flowers became mutated, corrupted with malice. The people of the forest saw the mist and fled but they could not out run its influence.

The malice touched their hearts; they felt overwhelmed by power of all kinds. They looked to the North where they saw the greatest power of all. They began to prayer to it, giving all the power they could.

and Xun said 'Hear this people of the forest, we are of the greatest power. People cannot resist the power which we offer. The mist shall show them the way'

From that a great light rose from the North and the people held out the roar of malice.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Isn't power fun
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

You're such a poo-face, Nepphy! You have to go and act like a complete and utter f**k every time...

You got a bug up your ass - it's one of my specially developed TAPEWORMS, sweetheart...converts sh!t to rosebuds...

happy days, sunshine! :twisted:

Oh and for the record, you seem to have overlooked a particularly special property of my forests. They are untouchable because my Majick protects the inner sanctum - whoever you sent into the Deep Old Forest is fertilizer now. Your silly mists cannot penetrate my Deep Majick...you're only killing your own followers!! :lol:

so.... :|
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

You also forget that I am more powerful then you thus anything you put up, I can ovecome.
Movahl
Servant of the Land

Post by Movahl »

One wonders Nephirthos why you must continuously make yourself a target for the ill attentions of your brethren. It sometimes seems as if you are dancing around shouting out, "Over here! Attack me!"
Those who are as nothing shall be raised above all others.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Elauradaneth is trying to make my followers be nice. I won't stand by and let that happen. You would not like it if I appeared in your cities and tried to change your followers. As for being attacked, well what ever action I take, everyone will still trying and destroy me. Ever since I came other deities have tried to remove me.
Movahl
Servant of the Land

Post by Movahl »

No Nephirthos, that is not true. There was a long period when no one was attacking you. I believe it was during this time that you built many of your cities and started the rebellion in the northern kingdom. So it is not true that your brethren will try and destroy you whatever action you take.

However, you make threats against your fellow gods and goddesses, saying "if you build in the north I will take it", before building in the south. You incite a bloody rebellion in a powerful kingdom near your own lands in which the rightful king was murdered and his children were offered as human sacrifices to you. Given these actions, how can other deities not be wary, and therefore seek to limit your influence to the north, which you once claimed was all you wanted.
Those who are as nothing shall be raised above all others.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

And it is true that if you build within the mountain areas that I will take it. I am sure that if I built cities next the God of the Undead and God of Protection, hey would take the ame action. The Northern Kingdom, well that is what you get if you attack me but I also comment that the God of War helped with the rebellion but no mentions of his actions. As for building in the South well I am a fan of industry. A lush forest perfect for wood plus flat land for farms. No one claimed those islands so I fouht I would spread out a little bit.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Queeaqueg wrote:As for building in the South well I am a fan of industry. .. No one claimed those islands so I fouht I would spread out a little bit.
Ramos?
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

In case it isn't clear by now, I lay claim to the western coast (with the exception of Sanctuary), including the isles where Ft. Flux is currently located.
-E. Gibbon
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Ramos is next to a forest. I like having forests, fresh wood. As for the island, well I am staying there. You should of claimed sooner.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thyddian: You are expansionist and aggressive. I find it amusing that you once drew a border and demanded all north of the line to be yours yet now you clearly show no respect for borders. I now declare that we are enemies. All other deities who are tired of this god's aggression, meet with me so we may discuss what we must do!
Last edited by Loredoctor on Mon May 29, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Ramos was next to a forest. Now it's next to nothing, yar! Ft. Flux is just next.

Thyddian, my friend, good to have you with us.
-E. Gibbon

Return to “Pantheon”