Things that are the work of Satan

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Things that are the work of Satan

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Things that are the work of Satan, as told by Claire.
(also known as TheLeperFairy or Jimmy the Wonder Slug or THE CHEESE.)

1. Oatmeal (let's get that one on here right away, it is slimy, has the texture and appearance of diareaha. It has no taste whatsoever. Given I haven't eaten any since it was forced down my throat in preschool. But the smell of it in the morning is about enough to make me want to gnaw on a big ol piece of tin foil (which I used to do before I got fillings))
2. The Backstroke (this stroke is just for people afriad to get thier face wet and don't mind ramming their head into the cement sides of pools over and over and over and over. Or maybe they enjoy looking at the sky. It is all beyond me, but the bottom line is: This stroke is the work of Satan.)
3. My geometry teacher (She is a troll who has the teaching abilities of a cantalope. I sit in the very middle row front desk. This woman must hate me. No one should be subjected to having to stare at those chins for 50 minutes a day. If she were nice, I would understand, but she isn't nice... at all. She also is about 5'1" and I am 5'11" this makes it all the more weird when she stands as close to me as her bulk will allow.)
4. Lunges (Lunges suck. Every coach know that there is no way you can do 2 laps of lunges around a pool, but if you do them wrong you are forced to do more and more and more! Each successive one gets worse, thus causing more lunge laps to be issued to the woeful coachee.)
5. Skateboarding (I love skateboarding, I really do. But it was put on this earth to frustrate me. Last night I spent an hour trying to ollie(the simplest trick ever), I got it about an inch up ON A CARPET. Now I still have to perfect that, move onto pavement, then do it while moving and then do it while moving over things. Then I can move on to bigger and better tricks. This isn't possible yet I keep trying. This sport sucks, yet I can't stop... grrr...)
6. Dodgeball (and any other P.E. game that isn't an official sport. Why is winging balls at eachother as hard as possible considered fun? Or allowed? It's barbaric, I hate that game, it is the work of Satan.)
7. Standardized tests (All those damn little bubbles... it's seriously depressing opening up a packet of questions knowing you will have to stare at a sheet full of little dots for the next 2 or so hours. Filling in the bubbles that spell your name is hard enough. Once I got off by one bubble on #7 or so and had to redo the entire test. Ergo, standarized tests are also the work of satan.)
8. Bees (I got stung once on the eye. That was hideous. I think I must be alergic, not very bad though, but I swell up really bad.)
9.Spiders (Spiders are disgusting. I hate the way they look. I hate the way they move. I hate the way they make my arms/back feel when I think about them (it gets all tingly and weird). I hate how they are colored. I hate how I stepped on one once and little spiders crawled out. I hate how I am the only one that hates them and I am the only one who had not one, but 2 spiders on them in a single tennis meet (It's karma I tell you! That's why I stopped killing them, it made them come after me.) I hate spiders.
10. Fresh water fish (Like Rainbow Trout. Ever had one of those things that you eat and get violently sick and everytime after that you associate that food with your prior episode of being sick? Yeah? Me too. That is why I hate trout. *shudder*)
11. Disco/Party/Club/Dance Music (this type of music is loaded with one hit wonders and they all suck. They are catchy type songs that embed themselves in your brain and repeat over and over until along comes some other catchy new Disco/Party/Club/Dance song that is an even stronger parasite song than the previous one. I tolerate rap and some country because that doesn't get stuck in your head as easily.)
12. Puns (Puns are most definately the work of satan. They are stupid like no other part of the english language could ever hope to be. Maybe it's not so much the pun as the people who use the pun and laugh upraoriously forever (ha ha they are so punny 8O .) I know one funny pun, that's it. The rest are TERRIBLE.)

Ok... Well that is my list of things that are the work of Satan, I know I could think of a few more in time. I hope I didn't offend anyone too badly! :? Maybe I've been relatively pessimistic lately, but the first 3 would be there no matter how great of a mood I was in.

I know you guys have some to add to this list, so out with them!
Last edited by The Leper Fairy on Fri May 16, 2003 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pie and Cake
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

* Toads - I stood on one once and the sensory memory is still with me today - YUK!!!

* Chocolate -Something that tempts you beyond all temptations and tastes so delicious and is so more-ish, you just can't stop at one and is so destructive to the figure - you just know that it is the work of the devil

* Icecream - see above

* Brussel Sprouts - in a single word - YUK!!!!
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Wow. Venting a little are you?

Cell phones
telemarketers
fast food
multi-national corporations
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

My music teacher - definitely the devils handi-work
Skateboarding - Agree. I'm hopeless at it and have the scars to prove it
Bess - I'm allergic to them so would agree
Dance movie - Yep
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I do not know that anything is the work of Satan. Most things are just naturally evil.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Traffic
Commercialized music of any genre
Censorship
Partisan politics
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

oh, and zone implants. Those things are evil!
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Someone I worked with brought in green bean cookies yesterday. I was afraid to try them myself after seeing everyone who did try them take one bite then run to the nearest bathroom or large trash can.
Definately work of the devil involved! :evil:
Love as thou wilt.

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

"Mama, when did Ben Franklin invent electricity?
That's nonsense. I invented electricity. Ben Franklin is the devil!"

For me, the work of Satan is:

You.

Now go to bed and cry! :twisted:
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Re: Things that are the work of Satan

Post by Fist and Faith »

The Leper Fairy wrote:8. Bees (I got stung once on the eye. That was hideous. I think I must be alergic, not very bad though, but I swell up really bad.)
HOLY CRAP!!! (And I seriously restrained myself!) That never happened to me, but I'll tell you how bad that hurts. It happened to Ceer once, and he sat the on the ground, sobbing. I couldn't believe it! I'm like, "Ceer, come on man! I can't believe this! Are you a Haruchai, or a baby?!" And he's all, "Shut up! Just leave me alone! It hurts!!"
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

* #$%^%#@ washing machines that blow up half-way through a rinse cycle when they are full of water and sopping wet towels and blow the safety switch in the electricity box and make you have to go around and reset every damn clock and timer in the house and also make you have to reset the &^%$ answering machine, are the work of *&^%$$^ Satan!!!!!
:x
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

What in Sam Hill--
Duchess, did you say green bean cookies?!?
That is truly an unholy alliance!
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Must have been in a different temporal zone when I typed that 8O

Bees !!

And dance MUSIC - not movie.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It happened to Ceer once, and he sat the on the ground, sobbing
Literally, loughing out loud.

Does make me think, though, y'know, there weren't that many insects in the land pre-TWL. No mention of bees, pollination, hayfever, etc.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. was wondering who ;) 'in Sam Hill' ;) .. Bess was .. ;) ;) ;) :|

George Bush .. definately the work of the devil ;) :|
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Dag son of Dag
Ramen

Post by Dag son of Dag »

Things made by Satan:
-A strange smell in my apartment
-Insects, especially those who choose to live in my bathroom. I`m scared to death by them (yes, I know I`m a wimp), but I haven`t got the conscience to kill them.
-Mathematics (which he made in cooperation with God, since I have a love/hate relationship with it)
-The road from where I live to the nearest town, because I get car sick every time I take the bus (twice a week). Oh, the torment. :(
-War
-A song that is called "Dancing in the moonlight," which actually makes me feel phsyically ill
Ad majorem Dei gloriam
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Whoa Man! I hear you Fist! I mean the Haruchai are tough and all but a bee sting REALLY HURTS! I gets all itchy and stingy and sometimes the stinger gets stuck in your arm! Man oh man I'm cringing just thinking about it. Once Ak Haru Ardenol Kenaustin got stung and I think even he winced a little...got a little moist in the eyes if you know what I'm sayin'.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Those flippin' SCRATCH CARDS are of the Devil! :x

Wait!! Vain created them...
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

The fact that the Haruchai have my bloody Illearth Stone is, ironically, a work of the devil.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Ironic...indeed.LOL!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”