KW ANTHOLOGY II: CONTRIBUTOR'S GUIDE

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

There's a thought! :D

Now, if I can just find the time to do some tweaking and polishing before the deadline! :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hey y'all, just a little request for all Watchers intending to submit a work for Anthology II. Please include your Watch-name with your work. It makes a lot of the admin stuff easier.

:D

PS - danlo, if you PM me your poem I will submit it for you.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Those are both good points. I hadn't considered either. Thats why multiple heads are better than one.
You should get a hydra on the team!
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

To add something meaningful to the thread (I feel a bit guilty about wasting everyone's time with a lame hydra joke):

I'm going to finish the short story I began for the first anthology.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

At first I thought I might submit the complete Ghostblood story - which has been presented in the forum already, but only up to half of it - but it turns out it's about 49 pages long, way beyond the 20,000 words limit, and even with some careful trimming, I can't cut entire chapters out of it. So, unless those who read the part I presented on the forum really enjoyed it and want to know how it ends, AND the guideline is waived, no Ghostblood for the anthology :P

Alternatively, though, I have two or three other completed short stories which should fit within the guidelines, and I also have an idea for another short story which I could write especially for the anthology...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Nathan, Xar I hope you both are able to submit something. Our first go at the Anthology was terrific. Lots of neat stories. Lots of talent. I can't wait to read what is offered this time.
Xar I rarely go to the Hall of Gifts. I'll have a look at your Ghostblood story.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

aTOMiC wrote:Nathan, Xar I hope you both are able to submit something. Our first go at the Anthology was terrific. Lots of neat stories. Lots of talent. I can't wait to read what is offered this time.
Xar I rarely go to the Hall of Gifts. I'll have a look at your Ghostblood story.
I'm pretty sure I'll submit something, even if it's not Ghostblood; that one would simply be the easiest submission, because it's already partly translated (with very few exceptions, I write in Italian :P). But I can understand that it might be way too long for the anthology, weighing at 49 Word pages... Anyway, take a look in the HoG and let me know :D Thanks!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

8O Carumba I PMed one person my poem and someone else PMs me back saying thanks. It's like you guys have a secret commitee, or something-very scary! :hairs:
Last edited by danlo on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

My bad, danlo. I should have acknowledged reception of your submission and I should have sent you a note explaining that I had forwarded it to the submission team. I'm a dink.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

No I don't care-I'm just having fun-you might be a denk, but you're no dink :D
fall far and well Pilots!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

danlo wrote:No I don't care-I'm just having fun-you might be a denk, but you're no dink :D
Well then I withdraw the "dink" comment. Thanks. :-)

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

danlo wrote:It like you guys have a secret commitee, or something-very scary! :hairs:
He knows too much!

Silverweb is go. I repeat: silverweb is go. You know what to do, people.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

So with less than a month before the deadline, what's the status for the anthology? I'm curious...
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Only four submissions so far - what's wrong with you all? You aren't making the Selection Teams job any easier. :D

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Well, at least that makes my story more likely not to be trimmed again ;) I suspect everyone is busy polishing his or her story at the moment, VS... it's likely you'll get swamped with stories immediately after the deadline!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Yeah, which is what we don't want. :?

We have real-life too peoples, so if you want this thing by xmas, a few more entries before the deadline would help. :D

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Though I'm running behind expectations I should have my entry in before the deadline. I have 2 major scenes to write and then the re write. I know there are other projects being worked on. I don't know if our entry count will equal KWA1 but there will be more than four entries to be sure.

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Likely there will be a lot of submissions at or around the deadline. Mine will be one of them.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh, I still want to contribute something to the second anthology, but I don't think my creative drives will be able to pump out a short story in a month. Maybe I can do some art, or design something, or maybe do a short little intro or something.-jay
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

James wrote:Likely there will be a lot of submissions at or around the deadline.
I agree. Submissions were a little on the low side until the last minute with the first anthology too, as I recall.

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”