Fantasy Football (US)

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

How about just moving the bench down to 6 and keeping the IR? Right now the majority seems to favor a random draft. If we did a last to first draft order this would be it (regular season):

Pork Chop Express
Verulanium Saints
Southron Leviathan Waste
WHARF RATS (Gators)
Screaming Bunnies
Revelstone Lordsfire
Team Wiebe
NM Sandgorgons
Team Brinn
TAMPA BAY THUNDERCRUNCH
Last edited by danlo on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I really don't care either way. Just give me the rules. As long as everyone plays by the same set and they're not changed midstream, I'll win anyway! ;)

And yes, I'm still holding a grudge against Kinslaughterer because of the year I drafted two running QB's and then he goes and changes the scoring rules for QB's after the draft. As a matter of fact, that was such a shitty thing to do that I'm glad he's gone as the commish!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

No rules will be changed now, or after the draft. So far, it appears that 5-1 favor a random draft--it will stay that way unless I hear differently by the end of tonight. I may change the bench to 6--that will be the only team setting change.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Nevermind...
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

I managed to squeak by Damelon this week on the literal last offensive play of the game right before the Patriots went into the victory formation Monday night.

A 9 yard run by BGE right before the 2 minute warning gave the one point more that I needed to get the one point win over the much respected Revelstone Lordsfire Monday night.

Just like my Saints and LSU Tigers, I had just enough on the field to win the match.

Now hopefully this is something to build on...
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Another one point squeaker for victory that was up in the air until the last possession Monday night.

I am begining to feel like Les Miles.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

It is with a heavy heart that I announce this will be my last year owning a fantasy football team. The league just issued me a lifetime ban from the pseudo-sport. Apparently my ownership has jeopardized the health of several of the NFL's top players, like Tony Romo, Michael Vick, Pierre Thomas, Joseph Addai, and others. They also mentioned the years LaDainian Tomlinson was on my team were the worst years of his career. The NFL feels I am in large part to blame for this year's drastic loss of ticket and merchandise sales.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

After a decent start my team has gone bad lost the last 3 :cry:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hey, my team has tanked so badly I can even see straight---Ryan Grant's injury was a precursor to DOOM! I can no longer defend last year's championship and will have to play spoiler from now on! :biggrin:
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The Watcher's 2 week Championship Game has been set! AND this marks the first time a non-Watcher has been in the Championship, in fact it's the first time 2 non-Watchers made it (and we only have 2 non-Watchers :screwy: ).

Championship: Brinn's friend Christina (Team Wiebe) v. my friend Mike (WHARF RATS)

3rd place: Team Brinn v. Southron Waste Leviathan (jelerak)

Good luck everyone!!
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

ok ok ok

time to get your asses off of the bench

football is back

so let's get the ole ball rolling!!!!

Who Dat???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

going to be a crazy week or two with all the rookies, undrafted rookies and free agent signings.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

so when are we gonna set keepers and a draft date?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

2011!!! Here we go!!!

Did my first quick mock draft and oddly enough everything sort of looks the same. Big difference on where everyone's ended up though...Does Kevin Kolb turn Larry Fitzgerald back into superstar status? Why is everyone already ranking Foster over AP? Is Minnesota better or worse with McNabb and without Rice, is there anyone to throw to Rice in Seattle? Who the hell is this Daniel Thomas guy in Miami now that Ronnie and Ricky have flown the coop? Can anybody other than the injury prone Reggie Bush back him up? Will Favre end up on Miami? PLEASE STAY RETIRED BRETT!!!! Julio Jones and Mark Ingram are some good looking rookies, do they have what it takes. These questions and many more will be answered once the Watchers reform and draft!!! 3 have checked in, let's hear from the rest!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

For the record: (if we're keeping 3 like last time)

MJD
Chris Johnson
Eli Manning

nuff said
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

A. Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, and Mike Turner.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well I figured that's what you'd want *turns green with envy* :fim: but thought you'd list those on the league page. Beware the Sandgorgons this year--look at my odd year history--yes my team totally falls apart on even years--but it just get better and better on odd years!!!!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Other than Vick, I don't remember who is on my team.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

McFadden, Roddy White look pretty good: Bunnies
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Hi all hope the draft all worked out for ye all, i was online for half of it aplogise for not chatting but had been in the pub with mates for the manutd v Arsenal match had a few to many plus i think it was around 12am when the draft was on ;) Hence some of my picks where made in blury vision lol
Best of luck for the new season one and all . :biggrin:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!

Return to “Sports”