Fantasy Football (US)

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I believe I have Stevens, but he's a backup. A nice development for my backup Frank Gore tho. Might be a wise FA pickup.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

what IS this trade between dAN and Tom? Certainly dAN's getting the better of it... :? Stephen Davis is trying out for the Eagles? Well my left knee is really wiggin' out today, and with that in mind: good luck Stephen!!! :P

Just joined an autodraft public league (I do that to assess talent from another angle) Interesting RB tandem of S. Jackson and R. Brown: they both may have breakout years! Brady, Gates and Rackers, so not too bad but my WRs are skating on some damm thin ice... 8O
fall far and well Pilots!
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Hey you guys...someone had better pick up greg Jennings of the Packers (WR). Mark my words, he will be a good #2/#3 WR this year.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

danlo wrote:what IS this trade between dAN and Tom? Certainly dAN's getting the better of it... :?
Lets just say I have a feeling about Rivers and suspect Vick might scramble his way into a serious injury this year. The tight ends are nearly equal. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Wow! Interesting--Gates would have no problem with that! I just proposed a trade in my other league: Vick for Keyshawn. I'm spoiled cause I do have Brady, call me crazy :biggrin:
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Tom offered me the trade, danlo. Should I have passed on it? Like Tom, I have a feeling. Unlike Tom, my feeling is one of impending doom for both Favre and Culpepper; but it's just a feeling. If things go well, it's only a trade of backups.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

For you guys:

-- Falcons Trade Away Duckett; Trade for Lelie --

Fox 5 reports the Atlanta Falcons have traded RB T.J. Duckett to the Washington Redskins for a third-round pick in the 2007 NFL draft. The Falcons then traded that third-round draft pick to the Denver Broncos for WR Ashley Lelie.

Mike's View: Wow. This is a big move, one that affects many players at different positions. Let's start in Atlanta, where RB Warrick Dunn loses a bruising teammate, one that stole TDs away from him. But rookie RB Jerious Norwood becomes the #2 RB-option, one with blazing speed. Dunn could score a few more times, but lose more touches and yards to Norwood. QB Michael Vick could also see more chances to score at the goal without a big bruiser taking all the opportunities. Meanwhile, the addition of WR Ashley Lelie to the corps doesn't mean too much other than the #3 wideout is clearly defined. Obviously, this is a better move for Lelie than staying in Denver where he wouldn't see the light of day, but he'll still only be the third option. WR Roddy White and WR Michael Jenkins remain the starters, and aren't likely to be very affected by this move. In Denver, they don't have a problem player anymore and gain a draft pick. WR Darius Watts, if he wins the job, could have slight fantasy impact, but I'd expect a quickly rising rookie TE Tony Scheffler to see more opportunities without a solid #3 WR-on the field.

-- Redskins Trade for Duckett; Portis Injury Serious --

Fox 5 reports the Washington Redskins' trade for Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett (for a third round pick in 2007) signifies that RB Clinton Portis (partially separated shoulder) has a more serious injury than the team is letting on. Washington had been shopping for a running back since Portis partially dislocated his shoulder in the preseason opener against Cincinnati. The Redskins are unsure if Portis will be ready for the start of the regular season.

Mike's View: This move is not good for RB Clinton Portis. Obviously, the team is more worried about their star player than they are letting on. As a result, we'll be dropping his fantasy ranking into the 4th Tier later this week. Fantasy owners shouldn't expect RB T.J. Duckett to automatically start for an ailing Portis. RB Ladell Betts will likely start with Duckett coming in as needed in relief and also in short yardage and goal line situations. Thus, Betts' fantasy value will suffer, while Duckett remains a decent mid-round fantasy draft prospect, one that is better suited in basic scoring leagues. Finally, TE Chris Cooley may be adversely affected just a tad by Duckett's stong talents at the goal

ImageImage
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I tought Portis was semi-ok, wow! This changes a whole bunch of things: Norwood, Duckett and Lelie's fantasy values will rise, especially Duckett's and Lelie's almost worth considering. And Portis' manager may s--- a brick.

No if someone truly believes in Rivers I think it's a fine trade--go for it! 8)

Hey I know what you mean about those old creaky QBs that's why my backup is the intechangable Warner/McNair robot. :mrgreen:
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I looked at the projected stats for 2006, and if things go according to projections, then Tom got the better end of the deal.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

actually--all the 'experts' are saying that except for Norwood everyone's values will actually go down...In the other league the guy actually turned Vick down and took McNair off waivers 8O (interesting trend-does everyone think Vick will be injured this year? 8O )
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Vick is not only injured a lot, but fantasy-wise...he is a dud. Much like Troy Aikman was in the early to mid 90's.

ImageImage
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Yeah, Vick plays the Bucs and Panthers too many times to be a full-time fantasy starter.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Maybe I'll drop Vick and replace him with Kerry Collins! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (actually Brady is pretty damm durable and doesn't have a bye till week 6 or 7 so maybe I'll get some borderline WR for Vick--possibly Jennings? :? )

edit: Wow some fool just dropped Muhammad over there--I'm got Vick on the waiver block-Grossman or Griese he will get the ball more often this year! Hope I get him!
Last edited by danlo on Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Or Kitna; he might do a lot of good in Detroit.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Brad Johnson's not really that bad--I think he has one good year left...
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

dANdeLION wrote:Or Kitna; he might do a lot of good in Detroit.
I would PU Kitna over any of the ones mentioned earlier!

ImageImage
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

danlo wrote:edit: Wow some fool just dropped Muhammad over there--I'm got Vick on the waiver block-Grossman or Griese he will get the ball more often this year! Hope I get him!
It's not really a question of Muhammad not getting the ball. It gets thrown to him enough. He just been dropping it a lot.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Pays to have local coverage eh? Well in the two or three games I saw last year it appeared they just couldn't get it to him--one game had to do with alot of wind. Oh well he's too good to have another year like that, I'm betting, in any case-So what your really saying is that all that sticky humidity in Carolina was responsible for his great stats there? :P
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

danlo wrote:Pays to have local coverage eh? Well in the two or three games I saw last year it appeared they just couldn't get it to him--one game had to do with alot of wind. Oh well he's too good to have another year like that, I'm betting, in any case-So what your really saying is that all that sticky humidity in Carolina was responsible for his great stats there? :P
Muhammed is a decent #3 WR until he proves he's got chemistry with Griese.

ImageImage
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We should make you League Analyst with access-I'm serious, it could be fun! (maybe I'll PM Kins) :D

Return to “Sports”