Fantasy Football (US)

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Stickied.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:Hail: :wink:
fall far and well Pilots!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

;P
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Top picks in USA Today Fantasy Football '06 Special Editon.

1st to be picked at their position in the mock draft:
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson
QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Randy Moss
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Adam Vineteri
Def: da Bears

1st round:
Tomlinson 2) Shaun Alexander 3) Larry Johnson 4) Edgerrin James
5) Tiki Barber 6) Clinton Portis 7) Ronnie Brown 8.) Peyton Manning 9) Randy Moss 10) Lamont Jordan 11) Stephen Jackson 12) Rudi Johnson.

Wow 12 "experts" 10 RBs! While James kept me afloat in my secondary league last year his stats (even tho his uniform will look really weird :P ) may be the same: any yards lost due to a so-so o-line may be gained back after Fitz and Bouldin open up the airways and the Edge has room to roam (which is even a better reason to have Rackers as your kicker). With Ricky gone the experts expect this to be Brown's breakout year (I personally would have ranked Carnell Williams higher). Jordan is the biggest question mark if Schell can forge-up Raider's line they might be right-at least Brooks can hand off the ball :wink: R. Johnson and Jackson should only get better-solid picks. Tomlinson is god but if Rivers screws up it could hurt his numbers in the 1st 4 games.

Bunch of receivers in the 2nd round: Torry Holt, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald, Owens (Harrison's picked 29th, but I'll take him anyway 8) ) Moss isn't that good-or should I say Brooks isn't that good...

QBs:
Eagles have a very weak schedule in the beginning of the year Brown and Gaffney aren't the best receivers but if Baskett makes #3 and McNabb spreads it around to Smith, Schobel and Westbrook you'll have made a steal-especially if you have a returning from injury QB like Palmer or Culpepper in your lineup as well. I'll go the same route I did last year for consistency: Delhomme and Brees--If I was smart I'd start Delhomme more often now that he has Keyshawn, Colbert and Drew to help free-up Smith. Scary picks: Young, Pennington, Grossman, Brooks, Farve, Carr, Leftwich, Smith, Rivers. Possible pleasant surprises: Warner, Kitna, McNabb, Johnson, Simms, McNair, E. Manning. Hiqh caliber question marks: Green, Plummer, Rothelisberger, Vick. Locks: Brady, P. Manning, Hasslebeck, Palmer, Bledsoe, Bulger.

aviod at all costs: any Buffalo QB, Fyre, McCown, Ramsey.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

FYI!! For those of you who haven't been to the League site, it appears that Kins (our commish) has set the draft date out to: "Your draft is currently scheduled for Sunday August 13, 2006 at 2:00 pm PDT"
Last edited by danlo on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. I let my 2 friends (the Louisiana contingent) know that it was postponed a week.

Well, it gives another week for us to let the injury possibilities run their course, anyway.
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

As a refresher on who is who in this year's league...let's post our Watch names to our fantasy football team names.

Jelerak : Leviathan

My two friends from down here in Louisiana are :

The Reapers &
The Beer Guzzlers
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

danlo: New Mexico Sandgorgons

Rumor mill: Curtis Martin rumored to have no catelidge left in his knee, may be forced to retire. Jets looking at Chris Brown from the Titans as a possible replacement. Titans in talks with Kerry Collins...

Roger Goodell named new commisioner of the NFL, bio:
Roger Goodell was named NFL executive vice president and chief operating officer by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue in December 2001.

Goodell's responsibilities include serving as president of NFL Ventures, Inc., which oversees the NFL's business units. Goodell supervises all league business operations, including media properties, marketing and sales, consumer products, international, stadium development, special events, and strategic planning. In addition, he is responsible for the league's football operations and officiating departments.

Goodell began his NFL career in 1982 as an intern in the NFL office in New York. In 1983, he worked in public relations and administration with the New York Jets, then returned to the league office in 1984 as a public relations assistant. In 1987 he was appointed assistant to the president of the American Football Conference (AFC), Lamar Hunt, by then-NFL Commissioner Rozelle.

Since 1990, Goodell has served under Commissioner Tagliabue as director of international development and club administration, vice president of operations, vice president of business development, senior vice president of league and football development, executive vice president of business and football development, and executive vice president of business, properties and club services.

Goodell has been instrumental in many league accomplishments, including expansion, realignment, stadium development, and international development. Most recently, he played a key role in the launch of the NFL Network, the restructuring of the NFL's business units, and the negotiations for the NFL's television agreements and Collective Bargaining Agreement with the NFL Players Association.

Goodell serves on the boards of the national and New York chapters of Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and he is an officer of NFL Charities, the league's charitable foundation.
-from Action For Healthy Kids
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Ahhhh....Brinn!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

jelerak wrote:As a refresher on who is who in this year's league...let's post our Watch names to our fantasy football team names.
The Old Lords
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

jelerak wrote:As a refresher on who is who in this year's league...let's post our Watch names to our fantasy football team names.
THUNDERCRUNCH
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

San Mexico New Gorgons!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

ole! :P
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

S**t, I can't be there today. I have modified the picks though.
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Hey guys, Sorry about the delay. Everything is good to go however.
Damelon, this is fantasy football you really have to rearrange your life for it...I certainly have
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

When is the draft? Are there still spots left?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Sorry man, the draft's today and it looks like we're all filled up...
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Reggie Bush looked good last night...kinda Barry Sanders-esque on that run where he reversed his field and ripped of that 44 yard run.

It's gonna be a fun year to be a Saints fan!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

How about the Cardinals! Damm what a cool-ass stadium! Retractable roof AND retractable field! I'm not kidding! Looks like a goddam spaceship!! No wonder the Edge didn't have any complaints!! Playing with a revitalized Arrington, Warner and the incredible receiving corps of Fitzgerald, Boldin and Bryant Johnson-not to mention the best kicker in Rackers---now if Lienhart would just sign.

Yes saints too: Bush, McCallister, Brees, Martin and a pretty damm respectable receiving corps of J. Horn, Stalworth (damm good return man too) and C. Horn!!!
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Damn...9th pick.

Last year I had 10th.

Return to “Sports”