The original plan *was* for nine movies, three trilogies..?

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

The original plan *was* for nine movies, three trilogies..?

Post by Menolly »

Cinema Blend wrote:Rumor: Lucas Prepping New Star Wars Trilogy

Reporting rumors is always a dicey proposition. With no way to verify the information in question, you're left to trust someone else's unnamed sources. That being said, as unnamed sources go, IESB has proven rather reliable, especially when it comes to Star Wars. So, bitch, complain, hoop, holler or jump out of your seat and dance at this news, if you must, just don't turn off that part of your brain that calls bullshit, at least not completely.

Supposedly, evil genius George Lucas is planning to create an entirely new trilogy of movies after the nice fellows over at Skywalker Ranch are done transferring the original six over to 3D. Yes, they will inhabit the same Star Wars world you've come to love, hate and then feel indifferent about. No, it will have nothing to do with the television series already in production. And maybe, they'll turn out a little closer to the original three than the regrettable second round of travesties. There's really no way to accurately predict quality when it comes to three still unwritten scripts.

Now, before you start drooling all over yourself in either heated anticipation or vengeful anger, know the nice people over at LucasFilm have already denied the story to Underwire, but take that for what it's worth. There's really no upside in telling people to get excited for a series of films at least five or six years down the road. Never underestimate the power of a billion dollars in untapped resources.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

He said some years ago that he would not make the originally planned third trilogy. But maybe he's bored. Maybe it's easy enough, technologically speaking, that he figures what the heck. But yeah, I'd love it.

At least I hope. I really don't have a problem with Eps 1 and 2. 3 absolutely bites, imo, because it's way more inferior to the book than movies usually are inferior to their books. But I'd be happy if they went ahead with it, even if only for the books.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I read the rumor the other day and was skeptical and I still am however if you ask me whether I'd like to see 3 more Star Wars films I'd immediately say yes. Especially if they are set 50 to 100 years beyond Return of the Jedi with new characters.
The original plan (if there ever really was one) probably involved the return of Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford which after all these years seems kind of impossible so a fresh take beyond "the Saga of Anakin Skywalker" is fine with me.
Would these new films be rediculed by critical fans? Of course.
Would these new films be nominated for an Oscar? Probably not.
Would these new films rake in untold billions of dollars world wide? Absolutely.

I've been pre programed to watch new Star Wars movies since the summer of 1977 so I find only good news in these rumors.
When the first and second trillogies are released in 3d to the theaters once again I will be there. I refuse to miss the opening scene from "A New Hope" in an IMAX theater in glorious 3d. Naturally it's all downhill from there but its going to be worth it.

But that's me. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
SantaKlavis
Stonedownor

Post by SantaKlavis »

as it was in reality) In 2010 we didn`t know what it will be and what to expect from this part..I`d like to know since 2010 your expectations about the last part of Star Wars)

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”