What's the best Star Wars computer game?

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

What's the best Star Wars computer game?

Post by Revan »

I know some of you might think that this belongs in the computer games forum. But as it is primarily about Star Wars, i decided it best to put in here.

What is the best Stars Wars computer games you have ever played. there have been a lot o good one, though some rather crap one as well. My personal favourite is Knights Of The Old Republic; but what are yours?
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Jedi Knight II so far. Getting fight along side Luke as Kyle Katarn was pretty cool. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

i really like Jedi Outcast, it is pretty intence
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

They are all terrible. The controls are just chronic and... One shouldn't have to fiddle about with the set-up.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

My favorite rpg is Dark Forces II. My favorite space battle is Xwing alliance. My favorite 3d action is Rogue Squadron.
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Probably Roague Squadron, although it suffers from a chronic lack of any sensation of speed. The old SNES ones were pretty good too, in their own way :D
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Probably Roague Squadron, although it suffers from a chronic lack of any sensation of speed.
agreed although they are still great fun
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I've beat Knights of the Old Republic at least 5 times. It's not as deep or as long as Baldur's Gate II (which, ironically, was made by the same developer and made before KOTOR), but, for my money, it's the best Star Wars game I've ever played.

I also think Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is excellent, once you get past the boring initial levels and Kyle gets his light saber. Multiplayer is fun as hell, too.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I also think Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is excellent, once you get past the boring initial levels and Kyle gets his light saber. Multiplayer is fun as hell, too.
I need to try this one again. I didn't like it initially so I stopped playing it. How did you get past the lack of aim assist when you're using the blaster?
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Aim assists? You mean something that helps you aim? Eh, I found no problem using the weapons; of course, the blaster, like most minor weapons in a FPS, is useless. Use rapid-fire stuff, like the assault rifle, instead.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I'm not a big gamer, but I loved Super Star Wars on the old Super Nintendo console.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Lord Foul wrote:Aim assists? You mean something that helps you aim? Eh, I found no problem using the weapons; of course, the blaster, like most minor weapons in a FPS, is useless. Use rapid-fire stuff, like the assault rifle, instead.
"Aim assist" is probably not the correct term. In Dark Forces II, when using the blaster or stormtrooper rifle, you did not have to have the crosshair dead centered in the target (especially when firing from a distance Your weapon would track in on the target. In Outcast, if you do not have the crosshairs dead on your target from any distance, you can't hit it. It's annoying as hell, especially when your playing with a gamepad, and makes for slow playing.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I'm gonna vote for Jedi Knight II as well. I'll give honorable mentions to Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron (which I still play sometimes. I may have to pick up Battle for Naboo at some point), Episode I Racer (really fast and great fun) and KotOR (finally, an RPG that doesn't drive me mad with its Japanese kiddy-ness). I liked Jedi Academy too. Mark Hamill provides Luke's voice this time, which is cool, it was a relief to have a light saber from the beginning and some of the missions are very original (like the crashed ship and the sand worm, or the train on Corelia). The addition of double and twin sabers is cool too, but the whole game is let down by being too damn short.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

RPG Style has to be KotOR for now, but my original favourite was the strategy game, Star Wars: Rebel Alliance. Wish I could find another copy.

Dlb-- Close enough, some games call it "auto-aim". Never used it myself, but then, I only play with mouse/keyboard. Hate game-pads: They're too slow. ;)

jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

That I've played:

0. KOTOR Series
1. X-Wing/Tie Fighter Series (2nd only because of a lack of modern installments)
2. Battlefront Series
3. Jedi Knight Series
4. Dark Forces Series
5. LEGO Star Wars'
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
SantaKlavis
Stonedownor

Post by SantaKlavis »

I like the last LucasArts library - Starwars Battlefront LFG ..)
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The first Force Unleashed was great! The second was a piece of crap.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Cail wrote:… I loved Super Star Wars on the old Super Nintendo console.
Hey, we're agreeing on something. Well, allriiiight!

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”