How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Christmas shopping don e- wrapping next.

I was sound asleep and woke up with a sharp pain from my teeth. seems one is infected, flossed, brushed, rinsed out a lot of blood.

already sent a text to my captain, hoping I can get into the dentist in the am.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:( Teeth Sarge! Good luck with that.
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That sucks, Sarge - hope you were able to get it taken care of.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Saying hello again. I have been wayward. Feeling the oncoming holiday blues and tend to bury my head. Also family problems have surfaced. But I am not here to whine.

Starting to plan some traveling for the year. Going to the Dominican Republic in mid January and stay with some friends. Not a big fan of the DR but less of a fan of Long Island. A few other plans being made but not definite.

I think I'm going to take the first step toward New Mexico. Rent a house for a few months in Santa Fe - Taos in the fall. See if New Mexico and I can get along.

Geographical cures are a wonderful thing. 8O
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Hi Lorin! Good to see you around.

I could use a change of scenery myself, but I have no idea where to even start.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Days really dragging now...just today and tomorrow, then closing on Thursday.

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yes, it has already been a long week. And I'm over 2015. Would like to just fast-forward through the next couple of weeks.

Post by Avatar »

Ah, don't wish your life away Sorus. ;)

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

last day of work this week. then Christmas!!!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Leaving Gianthome behind in a bit to meet a pink, anthropomorphic bear. ;) We may later annoy KW with pastel confetti and all matters heart-shaped.

Happy Yule!

Post by Avatar »

Bit of a rough one yesterday...My uncle ended up in hospital, so things a bit uncertain right now. Ah well.

--A
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Avatar wrote:Bit of a rough one yesterday...My uncle ended up in hospital, so things a bit uncertain right now. Ah well.

--A
Sorry about your uncle. It's hard to get older, the circle keeps getting smaller.

I have decided the weather is completely crazy this year. Its 72 degrees out! And damn it, next years garlic I planted it blooming. I saw a dandelion on the lawn yesterday. My mint is growing and the world is all flip flopped.

By now I should be buried in 3 feet of snow. Mother nature is having a nervous breakdown.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Seems like a rough week all around. Except for Frosty and Teddy Man.

So I found out yesterday that someone literally tried to ruin my life. That is, they attempted to make my husband and I lose our jobs and life in Nigeria. Why? Because of a couple of Facebook posts in which they took exception to my choice of language. I really cannot believe people can be so (pardon my French) merde-ish. But at the same time I am grateful because the person they went to told them Nope, that is not happening. He defended me. I still don't even know who attacked me, and didn't want to know (although I wouldn't mind unfriending them on FB, seeing as they have decided to be my enemy). I got way too upset over it, but am getting past it now. That explains my very vague and general apology on Facebook. Having a public face really sucks sometimes. But at the same time awesome people really supported me and told me not to change who I am (although I could be more careful about how I express myself).

So.

I also decided that I am going to take everything I own, and burn it. I don't want my husband or kids to ever have to go through what I've had to do with my Mom's things. Ugh.

Tomorrow is Christmas and I am determined to focus on what it's really, really about. It is a love story, full of comfort and joy. So F--- all this s---!! Merry Christmas!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Post by Avatar »

Thanks guys. Yeah, pretty rough. He's out of hospital now, although not really much improved, they said he's not sick enough for them to keep him. Will have to keep an eye on him the next few days.

Deer, my mother said much the same after her mother died, and made a serious effort to de-clutter things for when she went.

Mom died after heart surgery, and when I went into her flat afterwards, there was a big file on the table with everything I needed and had to do, that she'd prepared just in case.

--A
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

I've been having a kinda tough time.. up and down... which at least means there's some "up."

We drove a bunch of hours to hang out with family yesterday... which is kinda good...
deer of the dawn wrote:So I found out yesterday that someone literally tried to ruin my life. That is, they attempted to make my husband and I lose our jobs and life in Nigeria.
yikes.
I would be... gah, I don't even know!

Take care deer and Av! And sorus!
Thanks for sharing your story, Av. Sounds so stark. That would still be rough.

lorin- 72 degrees!? That is amazing and crazy!
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"

Post by Avatar »

Haha, it's cooled down a bit here today. A mere 84°F. (Been bloody hot...heat waves for Christmas...I love Africa. :D )

--A
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I really miss the snow, especially since I don't have the huge commute anymore. The only digging I have to do is a spot for helldog. I have a landscaper that does all the big digging in exchange for use of my backyard. When it really comes down I stay off the roads. A prius is many great things but a nightmare in snow.

But this holiday was 72 degrees and humid.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

It's been really mild in Ireland this November/December as well. I was out for a run today and I was able to do it in just a t-shirt!

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cold here. Happy El Niño? We still need more rain.

I've spent most of the past week at the vet with a very sick cat. They still don't know what's wrong with her. Been avoiding social-type things because people keep asking me how my Christmas was and I really don't feel like explaining that I spent it at the emergency vet accumulating bills that are going to take me a year to pay, best case scenario. May not be around much for a while; I'm about rock-bottom depressed right now and probably shouldn't inflict myself on people.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

HAH! i'm not "de-cluttering" a SINGLE friggin thing. i WANT all my friends to have to sit in my room and go through my shit and make fun of my quirks and obsessions (boxes, coffee cups) and redistribute all this stuff to whoever may want it.

all my stuff is dear to me and holds memories of my life and i will hope that my friends and family will enjoy figuring out what to do with the 18,000 favorite pens and coffee cups and boxes and rocks and bottles and blue glass and photographs and necklaces and talismans i've collected.

i hope they'll all sit around and write poems and make collages and smoke all my horded weed and sort and redistribute my books and my eiffel tower lamps and my guitars and cds.

so there. :D

o...by the way...big announcement.

Creator has "put a ring on it"!!! (white gold of course) and i said yes sooooo.... <3 :D

so i don't know for sure but this could be the first official watch wedding.

i'd like to thank SRD and Syl (the Sheriff) for dragging me to the watch and changing my life.

i'd also like to let all of you know that tho i'm not here all that often i consider this my web home, i will never leave the watch entirely tho i don't spend as much time here as i used to.
and i love you all, each and every one of you (YOU TOO CAIL). you have enriched my life significantly and continue to do so in a variety of ways.

special thanks to:
Seareach
Sorus
Syl (the Sheriff)
Aliantha
DLB
HLT
Matrixman (tho he is long absent he will never be forgotten)
Drew
Jay
Alynna (same as Matrixman, gone but not forgotten)
Cameraman Jenn
Danlo Peacewise (and lady tam)
Sarge
Cail
Zarathustra (who i still think of as Malik)
Fist and Faith
Cagliostro (and Carla)
Bossk
Lorin
Balon
Dandelion
Dukkha
Atomic
Loremaster
Duck
Murrin....

...o good grief, there are so many of you i realize now it's not going to do to try and make a list, so suffice it to say, once again, i love you all so much.
thank you all for keeping me company all these years and i hope you all will rejoice in the union of Creator and Lucimay!! :D

(it should be mentioned that this will probably take place sometime in january and all those that would like to attend the little city hall ceremony is welcomed to do so - details to follow later when we've settled the when and how of it!)
Last edited by lucimay on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our