Thread On Star Trek and Star Wars Video Games

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

SantaKlavis
Stonedownor

Thread On Star Trek and Star Wars Video Games

Post by SantaKlavis »

Hello to all here. I'm interested to find something special related to the Star Trek or Star Wars video games. I've watched the ST from the beginning, from the first "Motion Picture" and now I'm following "Beyond". Yes, it seems to be a little bit addictive, but I think there are such crazy fans as I am here so we will comprehend)).

So, as I'm also a fond of video games, I decided to combine these two passions. Please, help me to discover the new ST or SW games that will make me excited. Gladly accept any suggestions, especially the most extensive and interesting of them. So let's star this thread with your favourites.

Hope, we'll collect the most bright examples.
SantaKlavis
Stonedownor

Post by SantaKlavis »

So, here is the first reply with the Star Trek and Star Wars games suggestions. My beloved are:

1. Star Trek Online (2010) by Cryptic Studios. It's transferred me to the world of the 25-th century when the war goes on. Since the beta testing (I was one of those who took part in it;)) the STO has been improved a lot. Regardless the game has some bugs and some graphical drawbacks, I continue to play it the second round after passing ;)
The link to the official game source is here

2. Star Trek DAC (2010) by NSE & BRP. One thing that I can say about this game is that I've bought the xBox specially to be one of the first who will test it)). I've passed the game very and very quickly, but don;t think you'll pass it as I did) The thing excited me was the USS Enterprise model from the 2009... More detailed describes Wiki.

3. Star Trek (2014) by IGT. I don't want to write a lot about it according to its specific, but I'd like to find some game similar to Star Trek slot, but with more logic and more complex passing with quests and levels. So if you suggest any similar ST puzzles or even arcades, will be great.
The link to Star Trek game I talked about.
Last edited by SantaKlavis on Mon May 24, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hmmm, I think we have one of these already. :D

My best are the KotOR games of course.

--A
SantaKlavis
Stonedownor

Post by SantaKlavis »

Avatar wrote:Hmmm, I think we have one of these already. :D

My best are the KotOR games of course.

--A
Do you mean the Star War games developed for Android? Read a lot of different comments about this Star War game on the Google Play and noricesd that the rating is 4.5 due to the hard gameplay. many of the players are not pleased. Maybe soon there will be the new version and there will be more interesting and thoughtful twists of the game..

I'm also interested, after the release of the last fetured film about the Star Wars there should be created or developed the latest version of the Star War slot game but it doesn't. Anybody knows anything about the developers that prepare the new release?..

Post by Avatar »

Mobile games don't count. ;)

Technically nor do slot games, but you probably need the links. ;)

I'm going to move this to the Games forum, but I'll still leave the links in for you, 'cause we're kind that way. :D

--A
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Super Star Wars (and its two, appropriately-named sequels) for the SNES (and Wii Virtual Console) were bombad games, sho'nuff.

YMMV.

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

The mobile game of Star Wars that I have enjoyed is Galaxy Of Heroes. I've never played KOTOR (otherwise known as "Knights Of the Old Republic"). I can't suggest that, but I did really like the Jedi Knight series. And the X-Wing games were a blast, as well as Rogue Squadron.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Post by Avatar »

Both KotOR games were excellent. Like really excellent. Only marred by being too short. They are the best Star Wars games ever.

--A
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cagliostro wrote:The mobile game of Star Wars that I have enjoyed is Galaxy Of Heroes. I've never played KOTOR (otherwise known as "Knights Of the Old Republic"). I can't suggest that, but I did really like the Jedi Knight series. And the X-Wing games were a blast, as well as Rogue Squadron.
I agree, and would add Tie Fighter.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Wow, I screwed up and hit Edit instead of Quote, so, I'm sorry I put my comment into your post dlbpharmd. I edited it and took out my comment to put it in now. Here's what I said:

For some reason, Tie Fighter fits in my mind as one of the X-Wing games. But yes, I would add that as well.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

I suspect I'm seriously late here, was not often here on KW for a while, and found this game quite recently too, but in case you're getting thread notifications, or someone else might be interested - there's Star Trek Timelines by Disruptor Beam. It's for various platforms, including PC (through Steam, free to play).

Especially notable for possibility of having actual Star Trek characters in your crew - there's some of that in Star Trek Online too (with holograms), though there it's rare, and in STT it's part of the plot about a temporal anomaly https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Timelines

And the official page, with a few screenshots, the interface was changed since, but basically gives an idea what it looks like https://www.disruptorbeam.com/games/sta ... timelines/
A role-player, beware
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I live under a rock, so I had not heard of it - will definitely check it out though.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever successfully played a Star Trek game.

This looks cool, but it appears to be online multiplayer only, so not my kind of thing.

I do however see a new Star Wars game is in the offing, release now confirmed for November of this year:

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-jedi- ... ease-date/

I'm a bit less keen now that it appears that it's going to be a rather linear, and no light/dark choices. (Funnily, I always choose the light side "path" but that's not t6he point... :D )

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I don't tend to get very far (all roads lead back to WoW) - but there are a couple I visit from time to time.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Return to “PC & Console Games”