E'FEST OKTOBERFEST 2016 IS HAPPENING!!!!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Thanks Lorin, I found your message. I have to wait until tomorrow when I have my ultra sound scan. At the moment every time I move about the breast swells up. I will be asking some questions tomorrow, including can I fly to America in October! I've copied your message to Catherine as she is getting worried that the trip will have to be called off. I have assured her that if at all possible we will be coming.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

lorin wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:I'm officially out for this trip. My niece that lives in New Orleans is expecting a new baby on the 7th, and we've decided to go down as a family for the weekend of the 14-17th. I can't take time off for both weekends. Really sorry to miss this trip!
Not acceptable.
Yeah. Babies...pfft...seen one, seen 'em all. ;)

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Will you get into the French Quater dlbpharmd? If so I would really appreciate it if you could pick me up a 'desire is an oyster 'bar' postcard from the (you guessed it) Desire Oyster Bar. They used to give them out free in the bar and it has a great picture of a guy swallowing an oyster (the bars 'signature' picture iirc). Star Joeys, if it is still there does the best steak and lobster tail dish I have ever eaten! :)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

dlbpharmd wrote:I'm officially out for this trip. My niece that lives in New Orleans is expecting a new baby on the 7th, and we've decided to go down as a family for the weekend of the 14-17th. I can't take time off for both weekends. Really sorry to miss this trip!
Boo. :(

As for me, I'm going to have to skip the Taos after-party. Like an idiot, I miscounted my remaining PTO. :( I'm still planning to fly in on the 6th, though, and will be in ABQ through the weekend. I'll probably fly home late Sunday or Monday. :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

need book to send for autographs...

or to win damned lotto and head over...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

aliantha wrote:I miscounted my remaining PTO.
Haven't you heard of TWL?
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

lorin wrote:
What does the first book in the 2nd Chrons have to do with my inability to count? 8O

(PTO = Paid Time Off ;) )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Not sure I am going to be able to make it due to financial reasons...will see as we get closer...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

aliantha wrote:
lorin wrote:
What does the first book in the 2nd Chrons have to do with my inability to count? 8O

TWL - Time Without Leave
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

lorin wrote:
aliantha wrote:
lorin wrote: Haven't you heard of TWL?

TWL - Time Without Leave
Sounds like the sort of thing that would get me fired. And I need to keep this job for another 3.25 years (not that I'm counting).

EZ Board Survivor

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Catherine and I have sorted our itinerary. Fly to ABQ on the 6th, take a bus to Flagstaff on the 11th, bus from Flagstaff to Santa Fe on Thursday 13th, back to ABQ on the 15th, fly home on the 16th - dependent on flights being available, we are going to book everything on Friday - at the Co-op so that I get my divi. :D That means one night back in ABQ on the 15th. Any chance of a floor anywhere that night? It's a Saturday.

Return fair from UK to ABQ is much cheaper than two single flights which is why we are returning to ABQ on the Saturday.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Tam, Grace and I are getting excited to see y'all. Jenn and I are planning to see Steve at Bubonicon this weekend!!!
fall far and well Pilots!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

peter wrote:Will you get into the French Quater dlbpharmd? If so I would really appreciate it if you could pick me up a 'desire is an oyster 'bar' postcard from the (you guessed it) Desire Oyster Bar. They used to give them out free in the bar and it has a great picture of a guy swallowing an oyster (the bars 'signature' picture iirc). Star Joeys, if it is still there does the best steak and lobster tail dish I have ever eaten! :)
Probably not, as I'll have my wife and daughters with me. But I might be able to arrange to pick up the postcard anyway. Will PM you if I can, and get your addy.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

danlo wrote:Tam, Grace and I are getting excited to see y'all.
Not as excited as me, Danlo. After the year I've had I really need a holiday!!

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

dlbpharmd wrote:
peter wrote:Will you get into the French Quater dlbpharmd? If so I would really appreciate it if you could pick me up a 'desire is an oyster 'bar' postcard from the (you guessed it) Desire Oyster Bar. They used to give them out free in the bar and it has a great picture of a guy swallowing an oyster (the bars 'signature' picture iirc). Star Joeys, if it is still there does the best steak and lobster tail dish I have ever eaten! :)
Probably not, as I'll have my wife and daughters with me. But I might be able to arrange to pick up the postcard anyway. Will PM you if I can, and get your addy.
Gratitude dlbpharmd: nice if it's possible, but no sweat if not. :)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Flights booked, accommodation in ABQ, Flagstaff and Santa Fe booked. Just about to do my ESTA form. Travel money card being arranged. Almost on the way. :nanaparty:

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I thought Jenn was going to stop by, but she hasn't, so I'll do the update. I'll also post it in the Watchers in Balloons message thingum on Facebook...

Looks like the official dates for the Watch fest will be Oct. 6 through 9, Thursday through Sunday, though I'm sure some folks may arrive sooner and/or leave later.

danlo is supposed to have surgery at the beginning of October, and Lady Tam's got some health issues as well. So the venue is changing to Jenn's place. The good news is that she's only about a block from danlo's. 8) The bad news is that we'll have to change up the schedule, as danlo's backyard, etc., won't be available for our use.

We're thinking things will be pretty casual. The Balloon Fiesta will be going on all week, with the final events on Sunday the 9th. Here's the website if you want to check it out: www.balloonfiesta.com/event-info/event-schedule

I've been told (by my former in-laws...) that the mass ascension is a sight not to be missed. Unfortunately for late risers like me, the bloody thing starts at 7am on Saturday. 8O Also, I'm pretty sure it costs to get into the Fiesta, so we should take that into consideration.

Jenn is suggesting at least one dinner out, and brunch at her place one day. What do you guys want to do? I will be out of pocket for most of Friday, but would definitely be up for dinner.

Also, we should get an official head count. At this point, I believe it will be:

Jenn
Rigel
lorin
u.
me
Io and Catherine
Damelon, maybe?
Scott Brick, maybe??

Who am I missing?

EZ Board Survivor

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Make Jenn stop by...if she's officiating, she's obligated to.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

aliantha wrote: Who am I missing?
Lurch?

And you'll need at least one Covenant impersonator.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

No idea what's going on with Lurch. lorin was going to email him. Haven't heard whether she ever received a response.

Rigel would be a good Covenant impersonator, don't you think? ;) Or we could all try wearing ochre robes again. I hear that caused much merriment at the first E-fest (which I was too broke to attend :( ).

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General Discussion Forum”