Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Picked up Democracy 3 on GOG's sale, along with Democracy Africa and most of the DLC.

Interestingly, even though DA is a standalone game, D3's dlc all work with it, which is pretty cool.

Been playing as South Africa (of course) this weekend. Quite cleverly designed actually.

--A
Tefazipipo
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Tefazipipo »

Wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Mighty No. 9 (Wii U)

Oooh, I gave money to their Kickstarter.
On the internet, no one can see your evil smirk.

Post by Avatar »

Shadow of Mordor. Picked up the GOTY edition from a Steam sale...not too bad...sorta Assassins Creed set in Middle Earth. Not amazing, not that great on the lore, but some good mindless hack 'n slash mostly.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I got the Last Of Us, and will have to put that one off as there is already a sense of loss around the house with the wife's father dying, and playing the opening hour or so did not make me too happy. I'm ready for some escapism in its purest form.
With that said, I've also been playing Uncharted 4, which has been a delight, and Rock Band 4. Once I get a little more time under my belt in that game, I'll probably create a thread for that as I have done before.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Post by Avatar »

Way Of The Samurai 4.

Very weird little game, designed to be played through many multiple times.

Quite addictive once you get the hang of it.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I stopped playing WoW again so I'd have more time to get through other games I've bought and left unplayed for a long time. Finally finished Mass Effect 2 over the christmas break, and now I'm working on Batman: Arkham Knight.

Post by Avatar »

I went a bit overboard on the Steam winter sale, picked up a bunch of games. Sorta playing Dead Rising 2 at the moment, also installed Brutal Legend, Way of the Samurai 3, and Caribbean: Blood & Gold.

Maybe I'll get round to playing some of them some time. :D

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've still got games on Steam that I bought last year and haven't installed. And I don't really buy many.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Just began Battlefield 1 on Xbox 1. The graphics and gameplay are decent. Looking forward to finding out if I still like the game once I'm deeper into the narrative but so far so good.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart

Post by Avatar »

I'm Murrin wrote:I've still got games on Steam that I bought last year and haven't installed. And I don't really buy many.
Got about 40 (total) on Steam, and 50 on Gog. Most (but not all) of my Steam games have been installed and played, but most of my Gog ones haven't. (also, some of those are games that I've played years ago, and just wanted to own digital copies of).

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I just played Firewatch. It's a good game, short and simple, an exploration and storytelling thing about a guy who takes a job out in the forest to get away from his life, and ends up caught up in a bit of a mystery. It's a lot of walking and conversations over radio with his boss, in really beautiful environments. Reminded me a bit of Gone Home.

Post by Avatar »

I'm not really into short games. I want something that's going to give me at least 100 hours usually.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finally sat down and finished Rise of the Tomb Raider over the weekend. Now I've started Horizon: Zero Dawn on my brand new PS4. I haven't used a console in years, and never liked shooters on a controller (aiming and even just controlling camera is hell), so it's a bit of a pain to get used to right now.

Post by Avatar »

Replaying The Witcher 3 on the New Game+ feature.

Looks like a couple mods will be useful too.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Spent 20 hours this long weekend playing The Long Dark, a survival game that I got on special just before it leaves "early access."

Quite a bit of fun, but of questionable replayability, depending on how much more it gets updated.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

On Sunday I played What Remains of Edith Finch, which was really excellent. It's an interactive storytelling game, kind of along the lines of Gone Home, although much more inventive and interactive than that one was, and with something of a whimsical tone.

Post by Avatar »

Well...finally downloaded a couple of games that have been sitting in Steam... Sniper Elite III and ArmA III.

Also played a bit of Ultimate Civil War General, a civil war RTS in the style of Total War battles, made by, interestingly enough, the guy who made all the Darth mods for TW.

Sniper 3 is sorta fun, the x-ray kill cam is amusing at first, and real world ballistics are great.

ArmA is always good, just a hell of a learning curve. 2 days and I'm still on the tutorial. :D

--A

Post by Avatar »

Steam sales are like the new opium. :lol:

Keep on buying stuff.

Been playing a bunch of different stuff, mostly Medieval Engineers (which really is not that exciting, but I can't help enjoy the possibilities, even if achieving them is far too much work) and more Arma III.

Also downloaded Men Of War: Assault Squad 2, a "Company of Heroes" style WWII RTS. Don't know how much of it I'll actually play.

Wish TW would finish this damn Warhammer stuff, but still a 3rd instalment to come IIRC.

(Oh, got a "Age of Vikings" mod for TW Attila, pretty cool, get to play in the Englaland of the Viking invasions, the Danelaw and all that.)

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I've been playing too many mobile games, and have been playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for about a year and a half or so. After so damn much time spent on these games (and no actual money), I've decided they are turning us all into the Lotus Eaters from mythology, and I need to stop myself. I tend to wake up at 6am on work days (or later now that the dark is eating away at the morning), and have to be at work at 9am. I spend so much of my time in the morning trying to scramble to get all my daily requirements done and do anything extra I need to do before work since I don't get home until 5pm where I scramble to get my stuff done that was accruing while I was at work. And then once the kids go to bed, I try and finish everything else before my bedtime to prepare for the morning. It's been feeling like a part time job with no real reward, and I've been slowing down on it. Part of it is that I am part of a guild in two of the games, and I'm worried they'll kick me out or I'll let them down in some way. But y'know...I've got a life to live and kids to take care of and I'm wasting it with this stupid. It used to be a way to spend free time, and now it's turned into something that is taking up all my time. And it's stupid. Especially with the Star Wars game. They keep adding new stuff, and making you do more and more and more each day, and the guild is tightening things up and trying to be competitive now, and despite playing so long, I find myself slipping farther and farther behind everyone else. It's the modern day version of Sisyphus, and I'm over it. So I'm dropping out of the guild and playing the game whenever I damn well feel like it. And I want to start playing the PlayStation games again where there is usually an ending to the game, or at least the games I tend to play (other than Rock Band).
Anybody else experiencing this?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Post by Avatar »

No, but then I don't play any mobile games at all, let alone "farming" ones. (I wisely don't even have a smart-phone. :D )

I do worry that I'm getting all these pc games simply for the sake of it though. :D

--A

Return to “PC & Console Games”