President Trump

Archive From The 'Tank
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Anyone watching the Presidential address to Congress? So far he had said all the things I would have said. Well done Mr. President, well done.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

The whole thing was really weird. A bunch of people giving extended round of applause every couple of sentences even when it was just some broad sentiment. It almost seemed satirical. Governments are full of weirdos putting on an act.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Happens every time the President addresses Congress in this manner. Look at any speech through the last 50 years and see the same thing.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Yes I'm sure it does. It looks like a very well established ritual of weirdness
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

I didn't watch it. In fact I havn't watched any of the President's addreses except for 30 seconds of a Clinton BS speech. Aside from the boring droning of the POTUS I just can't stand the BS being spewed. That includes all of them.
Most worthless waste of TV time.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

hierachy wrote:Yes I'm sure it does. It looks like a very well established ritual of weirdness
Many of them probably weren't even really listening but they have been to so many speeches that they know when to applaud by instinct.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

What a slow train wreck the last week has been. Continuing allegations of collusion between Trump's election campaign and Russian officials followed by wild accusations that the Obama Administration wiretapped Trump Tower.

If the Trump Administration doesn't deal with these problems right now then its Administration will enter the history books as having done nothing except deal with political backlash problems rather than actually doing something.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Most of these would go away by themselves if Trump would quit commenting on them over and over again. He just needs to let it go.

Outside of that the Russian issue is just noise and a distraction. I dont think there is anything there, but the Dems are going to find anything they can to discredit Trump. That doesnt surprise me, and it shouldnt surprise anyone else. Again, if the Whitehouse would just stop commenting on everything and just let these work their way through the legal system, they wont find anything and it will go away on its own.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I have lost track of how many times I have mentioned that someone needs to take away Trump's Twitter account.

The whole "Russian hacking" thing just got a new angle applied to it with the latest WikiLeaks document dump, in which the CIA has the ability to make a hack look like it came from someone or somewhere else (like Russia).
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Did you guys read the art of the deal?
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

After being assured by Trump, himself, last November that his job would be secure, Preet Bharara, a U. S. Attorney in Manhattan, was asked to resign and when he refused he was fired...by voice mail.

Incidentally, only a week ago Mr. Bharara's office received requests from watchdog groups to investigate possible Constitutional violations that Trump might have received payments from foreign governments. I am certain that is merely coincidence, though, and has nothing whatsoever to do with his being fired.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

More fake news. This happens with every new administration....Out with the old and in with the new.

Trump's an idiot jackass, but this isn't a big deal.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

It isn't fake--he really did get fired. I was being tongue-in-cheek when I mentioned the "investigate Trump" thing but the truth remains that Mr. Bharara did lose his job.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:It isn't fake--he really did get fired. I was being tongue-in-cheek when I mentioned the "investigate Trump" thing but the truth remains that Mr. Bharara did lose his job.
It is fake. This happens every time there's a change in the administration. Obama did it, Bush did it, and Clinton did it. Mr. Bharara was asked to resign and refused....So of course he was fired.

This is a BS story.

www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/03/ ... /99093900/
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

It not really fake news.. more like
Manipulation news..
It takes an item/event that has happened previous and presents it as
a breaking and method to gloat those whom unaware
as so it is something tragic and controversial. It a trick the media has used
all of it's existence. It too falls under propaganda.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Mighara Sovmadhi
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Near where Broken Social Scene is gonna play on October 15th, 2010

Post by Mighara Sovmadhi »

Not sure if this has already shown up in this thread somewhere...

fortune.com/2016/11/20/steve-bannon-interview-darkness/

The quote:
Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they (liberals) get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing.
Not sure what to make of this. Blind about what? I doubt he's outright saying, "We're working for Satan," but then again if they are doing just that, "liberals" would be blind to it just so far as "liberals" can be glossed, here, as "non-literalistic Christians, among other things," wherefore of course these folks wouldn't suspect that the new government gets its power from a literal demon. Now maybe Bannon is just bats$%t crazy, though. (Not much more reassuring than the other interpretation, haha.)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: I sorta wish he was saying that. :D

--A
Mighara Sovmadhi
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Near where Broken Social Scene is gonna play on October 15th, 2010

Post by Mighara Sovmadhi »

www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statem ... -more-cou/

To be honest, at this point, there's nothing really intrinsically worse, I suppose, about Japan and South Korea having nuclear weapons, than not having them. However, Saudi Arabia? C'mon, Mr. Antichrist, you don't have to be so damn transparent :P
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Bannon, probably the most controversial person in Trump's inner circle of White House personnel, has been forced out of his position and will no longer attend any national security meetings.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Interesting. (Haven't really been following recently, our own politics are getting too messy right now...)

--A

Return to “Coercri”