Mischief and Craft

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Mischief and Craft

Post by peter »

Mounting evidence that our Universe is a virtual environment in which we are unknowingly subjected to arbitrary situations and our responsive behaviour tracked by some extra-universal engineer(s) has to be seen in the unerring propensity for the application of 'mischief and craft' to frustrate us at almost every turn and in the most mundane of ways. Take for example my dropping a piece of toast thickly coated with marmalade this morning. That piece should, by all the laws of physics, have fallen through very short distance to the work surface and landed harmlessly right side up leaving the minimum of cleaning work behind it. On the contrary - and I kid you not - I watched those laws briefly suspended while the toast worked, struggled almost, to flip itself over to land preserve side down on the surface.
This kind of thing happens just too frequently in my life (and yours?) for it not to be the prank of a junior technician, quite possibly the lab errand-boy, having a malicious little tinker while the engineers are at lunch. No serious research fellow is going to suspend the laws of physics to indulge in such frivolous departure from protocol, but the pimply intern is a different matter. Proof positive I think, that we are The Simms!
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

With the minor substitution of the pimply intern as the source of the mischief, I think you'll agree my case is pretty watertight! :D
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Shit happens. :D

--A

Return to “The Loresraat”