Peanut Butter!

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Peanut Butter!

Post by peter »

A testament to the bordering on supernatural combinatory powers of peanut butter, the other morning when I was making my usual p-b/blackcurrant jam on toast mix I inadvertently picked up a jar of Branson Pickle and used it in place of the jam. To lazy to throw the resultant slice away I took an exploratory bite and to my amazement found it to be, while not exactly yum-scrumptious, still palatable to a degree.
With this extraordinary discovery in mind, I decided it to be long overdue that a thread in homage to this most versatile of condiments should take it's rightful place among these hallowed pages - and so here we are.

The only spread as far as I'm aware to have it's own phobia (arachibutyrophobia - the morbid fear of having peanut butter stuck to the roof of ones mouth), this nutritious and tasty preparation can be mixed with both sweet and umami, cooked with duck and chicken, served with chocolate and ice cream, or simply be taken by the fingerfull from the pot. Serve it with bananas or bok choy it hits the spot every time and earns it's slot in every kitchen cupboard in the land.

Three cheers for peanut butter! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! :D
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Smooth peanut butter only. And, as discussed somewhere else once, the only thing I put on it on bread is syrup.

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Re: Peanut Butter!

Post by Cord Hurn »

peter wrote:A testament to the bordering on supernatural combinatory powers of peanut butter, the other morning when I was making my usual p-b/blackcurrant jam on toast mix I inadvertently picked up a jar of Branson Pickle and used it in place of the jam. To lazy to throw the resultant slice away I took an exploratory bite and to my amazement found it to be, while not exactly yum-scrumptious, still palatable to a degree.
With this extraordinary discovery in mind, I decided it to be long overdue that a thread in homage to this most versatile of condiments should take it's rightful place among these hallowed pages - and so here we are.

The only spread as far as I'm aware to have it's own phobia (arachibutyrophobia - the morbid fear of having peanut butter stuck to the roof of ones mouth), this nutritious and tasty preparation can be mixed with both sweet and umami, cooked with duck and chicken, served with chocolate and ice cream, or simply be taken by the fingerfull from the pot. Serve it with bananas or bok choy it hits the spot every time and earns it's slot in every kitchen cupboard in the land.

Three cheers for peanut butter! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! :D
It is indeed a versatile food item, I must agree!
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Smooth peanut butter only. And, as discussed somewhere else once, the only thing I put on it on bread is syrup.

--A
Peanut butter mixed with maple syrup on bread sounds quite delicious, now that I'm thinking about it. Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I have heard that all animals love peanut butter.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Avatar wrote:Smooth peanut butter only. And, as discussed somewhere else once, the only thing I put on it on bread is syrup.

--A
What kind of syrup? Just syrup? No butter or anything?

That sounds odd, but I put molasses on bagels, so I have no right to judge.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Not maple syrup, just plain thick syrup. (I don't put butter on bread anyway, so no, no butter, although I guess you could if you wanted to.)

The last time we mentioned it, HLT tried and endorsed it. :D

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I have a theory that my personal mix of peanut butter, syrup and Marmite (Vegemite to some), on bread and butter, will contain as close to all the nutrients required for human survival is it is possible to get in a single simple sandwich. Protein, fat and carbohydrate; sweet and umami and even a bit of roughage. It's got the lot and tastes divine!

(Patent applied for. ;) )
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Post by Avatar »

Marmite is not the same as vegemite.

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

[I know that Av, but for the philistines elsewhere in the world it seems to double for it! ;) ]

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

I made a peantut butter BLT with red chilis and parmesan cheese once.

https://wesfood.blogspot.de/2015/09/pea ... dwich.html
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Thai food...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

What did I tell you! Peanut butter with BLT and cheese! And peanut butter rendered into music - the stuff is bordering on the paranormal!

(And yes - Thai food!)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “The Galley”