Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Played The Secret Of Monkey Island (Special Edition) this weekend. WAs pretty cool being able to switch from the original graphics to the new ones in-game. Installed Monkey Island 2 SE, haven't started it yet.

Also found a VGA re-make of QFG II, Trial By Fire, that's pretty cool. Updated it to use the same interface as QFG III.

Will probably play it through.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I've been play Tales of Monkey Island on and off for, oh, I dunno...maybe about a year now? The thing is that it gets so frustrating at their silly logic, but I also love it sometimes. I find half the time I accidentally move on as often as I figure it out on my own. But it is fun and funny and enjoyable to move into new areas, but it mostly illustrates I do not have enough time anymore to sit and combine objects until the magic happens. I think there is 5 chapters to this story, and I'm finally on the fifth.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Post by Avatar »

I've got that one too, but haven't installed it yet. Played the first chapter of MI 2 (The Largo Embargo) on the weekend, been probably 25 years since I first played it. :D

Finally got around to installing Risen, an RPG in the style of Gothic 3, but (thankfully) more user friendly. Looking good so far actually.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Been playing 7 Days To Die (single player) a crafting survival zombie thing. I'm playing it on like the easiest possible settings and it's still pretty challenging.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Conan Exiles.

I dunno what it is about these open world crafting things suddenly. I bought another one on steam as well, but damned if I can remember what it's called.

--A
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Warcraft - what else?! :biggrin:

And Lucimay and I went to Blizzcon this year!!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Oh, yeah. It's all that.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Creator wrote:Warcraft - what else?! :biggrin:

And Lucimay and I went to Blizzcon this year!!
I was saying elsewhere that Blizzcon is one of the few times of the year when I am almost tempted to reactivate my Facebook account. Did you meet up with any guild folks?

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I wish I could play Super Mario Odyssey without having to buy a Switch. I'm hearing so many good things about it.

The past week I've finally gotten deep into NieR: Automata. I finished path A after 6 months, then did path B in a day, and now am well into the next part where things start getting really, really good.

(The game's pretty weird. It's basically in two parts, but you have to play the first part twice (with major differences second time round) before the second unlocks, and the second part has two possible endings and an epilogue. Plus every time you finish one of these parts the credits roll, so I have to think a lot of people will have only played Path A and assumed the rest of it would just be New Game+.)

Post by Avatar »

Old Sierra games. Finished The Colonel's Bequest today, now the sequel, Dagger of Amon Ra. Classics.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I completed NieR: Automata yesterday, at least as far as I plan to. Got 25/26 endings, the only other significant thing I could do is achievement hunting, and fighting the hardest boss in the game, which requires fighting the second hardest, then collecting and upgrading every weapon in the entire game. That seems like too much work for me. So, even though I wish there was more of this game to play (it's a really great game), I'm done.

Post by Avatar »

Made a random impulse buy of King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame (collection edition with DLC's & expansion) from GOG where it was on sale.

Sorta a weird combination of Total War and Age of Wonders.

Haven't played enough to have an opinion yet.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finished Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday, and now I'm working on some Steam library backlog, starting with Remember Me.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finished Remember Me last night. It was an alright game, altohugh I think I would have gotten sick of it if it was longer. The boss fights were very annoying and repetitive, and it was a console port with controls that didn't work great on PC. And with a premise like "memories can be stolen and altered" I expected a lot more headfuckery than I got.

Oh, and it had one pretty bad design choice, which is that the hidden collectibles scattered through the game were the source of health and focus upgrades, which meant if you missed one your character was weaker for the rest of the game.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Finished the new Uncharted game - the one without Nathan Drake. It was especially good, and just seemed like they solidified what worked in U4. But it was too damn short. I wanted so much more.

Also have been revisiting the Kingdom Hearts games as I got that compilation of all of them. Haven't made it through the first one before Christmas hit.

Got the kids Lego Dimensions that I suspect I am enjoying more than they are. But the big hit was getting Dragon Quest Builders. My son is a Minecraft hound, and I can't really stand it. Dragon Quest Builders is a Minecraft like game but still has the Dragon Quest feel to it, and is somewhat guided on what you need to do for those that want it, and open for those who don't. I'm really enjoying it myself, which I figured I wouldn't get too interested in. My son and I are kind of helping each other through it as one of us will get ahead and then the other takes over and gets ahead. I've had less time lately, so he's ahead at the moment. Oh well.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I need to play the Uncharted games. I got Uncharted 4 with my PS4 last year. Lot of other games to catch up on though.

Right now I'm playing Ori and the Blind Forest, another one I bought years ago on Steam. It's an old-fashioned platformer with RPG elements, and the levels are pretty huge. In it more for the art and story than the gameplay so far, tbh.

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, it won a design award IIRC.

Still playing that Arthur game...actually enjoying it a fair bit.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Kings Quest III Redux - A fan remake of the original Sierra game.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Watch Dogs 2 - Damn but I can barely run this thing. :D I mean, it's smooth enough and all, but my settings are all low to medium...lousy 2GB graphics card. :lol:

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Currently playing Technobabylon, a cyberpunk point-and-click adventure game. One of those games where you just have to try sticking every item on every other item to see if something helpful happens.

Return to “PC & Console Games”