What ever happened to the other Old Lords?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

The Nose
Servant of the Land

What ever happened to the other Old Lords?

Post by The Nose »

We hear about Kevin and how he died during the Ritual, but what of the other Lords of his Council? He couldn't have sent them into exile as well, if he had the Seven Wards would be unnecessary. The surviving Lords would have been able to keep teaching the other survivors. Some lore might have been lost, but the remaining lore would likely have been greater than at least the first few Wards.

The books state clearly that the people of the land retained what Lore they needed to survive, either wood or stone lore, but the Lords would have been different, I think. Their Lore, almost all of it, would have been a great boon no matter where they were in hiding.

Anyone have any ideas? Did they die in the war before the Ritual? afterall we DO know that Kevin lost the war before he succumbed to Despair. Or were they there WITH Kevin enacting the Ritual and died with him?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yes due to a major ruse of Foul's they all were sent down the river by Kevin to met with Foul...Foul killed them all which heightened Kevin's despair 100 fold. (Is this sung of in Lord Kevin's Lament? I'm at wotk and don't have books, sorry...)
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

This act of treachery is spoken of in LFB when they are at Treacher's Gorge at Mount Thunder. :(
Love as thou wilt.

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

In his tale to Covenant, Lord Mhoram says that Kevin "sent in his stead some of his truest friends and strongest allies."

So I presume not all of the Council went to Mount Thunder. I'm guessing Kevin was left with mainly the "weaker" Lords on his Council. They all perished in the end, anyway, so the point is rather moot.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I wouldn't be surprised if some also died at the fiercest battle. Which was...? Anybody? Class?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The Battle of Epping Forest?

( :oops: OH RATS! That's an old Genesis song... :P )
Lord Callindrill
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Callindrill »

All together now . . . Kurash Plenethor!
"If we must suffer and die without hope then we will do so, but we will not despair."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

geushundhiet! :P
kaseryn
Bloodguard in Disguise

Post by kaseryn »

lmao epping forest.. didnt even realise it was a genesis song, but spent many a summers afternoon there as a kid :)

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”