How Do You Feel Today? v4

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Feel a bit all over the place really. Hell of a busy at work, and just feeling a bit out of it.

Oh well, it'll wear off. :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Geez I hope so .. thats not fun at all.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

StevieG wrote:Congrats balon! Happy birthday Av!

I feel a tad burnt out - I think I need a holiday before I break someone or something :D (which I guess is why I'm here on KW instead of working - speaking of which, I should do some I suppose...)
Thanks!! Had some trainings the last couple days, best I've had from an employer, so a really good start.

I like going for walks and listening to some tunes, even just around the apt complex can help me.
deer of the dawn wrote:I talked to a friend yesterday, we chatted about stuff... an amazing man with incredible stories about saving children from street life and even murder... this morning, he died. Completely unexpected. He was 45.
reading this story is incredible and I'm really sorry you lost a friend. I can't imagine what it must have been like in the situations you described but it sounds to me that he was truly important to many people. It reminds me how lucky I am to have people I love and to be able to spend time with them, and I'll use this as a reminder to focus even more on the positives! you're very right that you don't know how much time we have, gotta value it daily! <3 <3 hang in there!

Menolly wrote:Ooo...

It's been a long time since my plane seat belt had a tail.
Nice work dude! I'm all about tracking gains in real life, seatbelt length is an excellent scale! :D

I'm feeling really good! Celebrated my first (short) week with my new job! I was only a little nervous in the mornings. Cant wait to start getting my hands dirty!
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Congratulations dude .. thats awesome 😎 👏🏻
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Im feeling very tired today .. not a day for making important life decisions 😉 or playing chess ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Over this week. At least it's nearly the weekend. :lol:

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Damn .. Im feeling fantastic 😉 :P

And a tad hungry 😉 but no butler 🙄
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Menolly, many many kudos. At our age, this is fantastic!!

I am in Prague for an educational conference. And my mind is a whirl of amazing things I learned today. Absolutely packed with good stuff!!

Also walked around Old Town yesterday amongst all the other tourists. It was freaking cold (35F) but enjoyable. One of the places we saw was a synagogue (begins with a P but the name escapes me right now) which was lined on almost the entire inside with the names of WW2 pogrom victims. It was deeply moving. What I thought was, Nigeria needs something like this, with NAMES of PERSONS who have died in all the ethnic fighting in the last 15 years, because they get forgotten, we hear about 100 people here and 50 people there and it's just numbers and we don't think about the faces of children and old women and men or their lives or families... anyway I'm tired and running on.

A lot going on at home, too. Stag of the Dawn is seriously considering a change in his direction. His vision and that of his organization have just gone two different directions and he's tired of fighting it. There has been a grieving process to it, because we both really believed in the organization and still do, we're just not really fitting in anymore ... one silver lining is that we are talking a LOT and communicating like we should, but haven't done, in a long time.

I would actually love to sit around some time soon and get totally bored, but that doesn't seem to be my life at all!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

We did a day trip to Houston.
Great time. Pics up on FB soon.

Found the original NASA buildings.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

deer of the dawn wrote:Menolly, many many kudos. At our age, this is fantastic!!

I am in Prague for an educational conference. And my mind is a whirl of amazing things I learned today. Absolutely packed with good stuff!!

Also walked around Old Town yesterday amongst all the other tourists. It was freaking cold (35F) but enjoyable. One of the places we saw was a synagogue (begins with a P but the name escapes me right now) which was lined on almost the entire inside with the names of WW2 pogrom victims. It was deeply moving. What I thought was, Nigeria needs something like this, with NAMES of PERSONS who have died in all the ethnic fighting in the last 15 years, because they get forgotten, we hear about 100 people here and 50 people there and it's just numbers and we don't think about the faces of children and old women and men or their lives or families... anyway I'm tired and running on.

A lot going on at home, too. Stag of the Dawn is seriously considering a change in his direction. His vision and that of his organization have just gone two different directions and he's tired of fighting it. There has been a grieving process to it, because we both really believed in the organization and still do, we're just not really fitting in anymore ... one silver lining is that we are talking a LOT and communicating like we should, but haven't done, in a long time.

I would actually love to sit around some time soon and get totally bored, but that doesn't seem to be my life at all!
Wow 😮 8O thats phenomenal .. Im referring to the Prague conference.

As to Stag of the Dawn .. sometimes you just have to follow your heart ♥️ More power to you both. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ And brilliant silver lining ♥️♥️♥️♥️
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Monday.

Meh.

Still, short week, as Friday is a public holiday for Easter, as is next Monday.

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes long weekend ... AND GOT tonight 😉 kicking off the week in style.. and GOT was bloody brilliant. :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Follow up surgery to my reconstruction scheduled for tomorrow. Prayers and positive thoughts appreciated.
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Okay, I just read some of the scrollback to hear updates... aaaah! some exciting stuff!

balon! What line of work are you in?
Happy to hear there was good training.
That's a sign of forward-looking investment!

Also, RE: Brazil, that is one of my sister's favorite movies.
Like your fiance, I am someone who doesn't have much movie-watching experience.
But I married a guy who wasn't very motivated to watch movies either. :-D
So over the years, together, we've watched like... "Inception" and LoTR movies... "High Noon." a few others!

Menolly- I'm seconding (or thirding) peoples' congrats to you!

Skyweir- Hihihihihi!!
skyweir wrote:...And a tad hungry 😉 but no butler 🙄
^ This cracked me up! this problem... you and me both, my friend!

StevieG- Ahh! I have -often- battled burnout.
A few years ago, I noted that when I was teaching a gifted kids, (in classes - one-on-one tutoring is easier.) I seemed to be dodging burnout every few weeks or months!
You run a small business... I suspect this whole burnout-risk thing is one of the Trials of Leadership (tm).

deer- been thinking of you guys, of course.
If any books are referenced by the presenters at your Prague conference, you will create a thread mentioning them when you get back?!?!? ;)

As for me over here, oh my... well, we just finished taxes, and so lots of the stress of last week is behind me. Hopefully. :)
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Hope everything went well, Menolly.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

All the best with your surgery. What will they do this time? Sending healing ♥️

Hey you Linna ♥️ Sure been missing YOU 😘 .. all the best with your taxes 😬 yukky hate tax time.

We should institute another chatbane 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Home from surgery. This was basically clean up of the reconstruction. I had back fat left behind from the mastectomy and fat and tissue grafts which has hardened due to rejection removed, and areas filled in around the breasts via liposuctuon from my inner thighs. I'm in a lot more pain than I expected, as I thought I would be able to work tomorrow. But, I can barely lift either leg, due to the pain. When I attempt to walk, I'm basically dragging my left leg.

Hopefully that will improve tomorrow...

Thanks for the prayers and healing thoughts!

Post by Avatar »

Chin up, you'll be better soon. :D

Mid week...have to go meet a client who's currently not very happy with us, so really looking forward to that. Otherwise, just hanging on for the long weekend... :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

A courageous conversation coming your way 😉

Hope it goes well 👌

Menolly hope your recovery goes well ... I may have offended your friend by saying everyone should have a little weed in their day 😉 or something along those lines. Cos yeah NOT bad. 🤷‍♀️

Sounds nasty all that scraping and sucking, its bound to take its toll. Speedy healing 👌
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Ah, it went fine luckily.

Last day before the long weekend, have decided to close a bit early. :D

Meeting up with a very old friend of the family for lunch on Friday, (she has an art restoration business in the UK and is visiting), and other than that, hopefully the long weekend will be my own.

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”