Congratulations to those doin good stuff

Im feeling a tad down today .. just a tad but enough to make me forlorny. 🤷‍♀️😔
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sheesh, been busy as hell at work. Just not letting up. Ah well, mustn't complain. Pays the bills etc. etc.

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Same. This is always the busiest time of year for my work. Bit annoyed because they told me I could take time off if I did it before (someone) quits, then the next day it turned into (someone) is leaving next week, and do I want overtime?

No, I do not want overtime. I also can't say no to overtime, because money is money. I'm just so freaking burned out, and I knew I wasn't going to get time off, because something always comes up. :evil:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Sometimes being off is worth more to your well-being than money is. Sometimes.

So...not sure if I mentioned, but a few months ago, our developer at work started climbing (in a gym), and in a moment of foolish optimism, I told him that when he got his own harness and shoes, I would take him out on the rock.

(Ignoring the fact that I hadn't climbed for like 5 years. :D)

So, last Friday turned out to be the day I had to make good. :lol: He also brought a friend from the gym along.

I was very pleased to discover that technique and muscle memory sufficed to cover a multitude of shortcomings in the fitness area. :lol: I did, however, pay a price the next day. :lol:

Spent the rest of the weekend playing computer games. And now it's Monday.

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Ive had the kids visiting which has been great .. but my professional dancer son, who performs, teaches dance AND exercise classes ... has been getting us out exercising... I am all about working and working hard .. but I really am not into exercising for exercisings sake 🤷‍♀️

But hes been cracking the whip .. bleh .. 😬 .. and although I spend a lot of time laughing at him and my hubby ... it kinda has been fun ..

Well tbh doing anything with him is fun. But some times I just wanna NOT 😉 do that.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Avatar wrote:Sometimes being off is worth more to your well-being than money is. Sometimes.

Oh, no argument there. But the time off option vanished the moment it was revealed that whatshername was quitting sooner than anticipated - like I said, it's always something. Not like I had my hopes up; I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Sucks Sorus. I'm glad almost every day that I'm mostly happy in my job.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Avatar wrote: I was very pleased to discover that technique and muscle memory sufficed to cover a multitude of shortcomings in the fitness area. :lol: I did, however, pay a price the next day. :lol:
It's nice to see how well your body remembers how to do stuff. Despite having gained weight to the point that rock gyms probably won't let me climb anymore, I still remember and occasionally find an outcrop of rocks that I want to boulder around on briefly. I've tried to get the kids excited, but they have no interest.
We did go to the pool, and I used to be on the swim team back in the day. And it is nice to see that I still retain the techniques, and actually felt a little more comfortable doing things like the breast stroke than I have in years. I taught the kids a few things this last visit, and we were all kinda excited and wanted to stay in when it was time to leave. I felt totally energetic in the pool. And then when I stepped out....wham! A wave of exhaustion hit me, like all the water dripping off of me was all the energy I had stored in my body. I've never felt that before, and since my thyroid was removed, I find I never have energy for much these days, although I keep struggling through it because I don't want to be one of those people on the Rascal scooters going through the grocery store that look like they have given up on life. As much as my body wants to be at rest, I don't want that desire to win.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Good for you Cags 👌 100 percent respect ✊

I dont think many people really get how critical the thyroid is .. once its gone its a huge impact on everything.
The thyroid gland produces hormones that regulate the body's metabolic rate as well as heart and digestive function, muscle control, brain development, mood and bone maintenance.
Weight gain is pretty normal and that little thing regulates sooo much.

More power to you .. I think your positivity is critical to managing the quality of life you want to enjoy within those limitations. I also believe the human will is capable of exceeding normal parameters and expectations.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Cagliostro wrote: although I keep struggling through it because I don't want to be one of those people on the Rascal scooters going through the grocery store that look like they have given up on life. As much as my body wants to be at rest, I don't want that desire to win.
I feel you in SPADES dude.
when they discharged me from the hospital with the portable o2 tank I thought I would just DIE of embarrassment to be one of those old ladies in the King Soopers with the portable o2 tank and the stupid canula in her nose. ugh.

luckily it wasn't permanent. phew.

I have a stress test in a couple weeks and 24 hr heart monitor test just to make sure that the anomalies in the hospital were just acute illness stress on my heart. several close relatives had (had because they're all now DEAD) heart disease so i'm trying to be vigilant on all the tests and exercise etc.

also...I have to go on strict diet next month. arg. low sodium, low cholesterol, low fat, low carb, low to no sugar....
that's right, i'll be eating a LOT of salads with no nuthin on em!!! hahahaha!
probably do south beach again as my cardiac doc really likes that one.

I don't mind getting older but I fucking hate having to deal with the abuse I've done to my body! :lol:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Avatar wrote:Friday was my 10 year anniversary at work, so the boss gave me the day off for a long weekend, which was nice.

--A
Today was my year to the day I started this job. That happens to be the most multi-cultural place of employment I've ever had.
I work with, Ghanians, Eretrians, Somalians, Tanzanians, Indians, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Afghans, Indonisians, Chinese, Romanians, Polish, English Scots and Irish, etc ... that is what I like most about the job.

Post by Avatar »

Skyweir wrote:Good for you Cags 👌 100 percent respect ✊

More power to you .. I think your positivity is critical to managing the quality of life you want to enjoy within those limitations. I also believe the human will is capable of exceeding normal parameters and expectations.
Agreed. Don't be one of those people. :D
lucimay wrote:I don't mind getting older but I fucking hate having to deal with the abuse I've done to my body! :lol:
Yeah, past us' were real dicks to future us'. :D Still, we enjoyed it at the time, now you pay the piper. :D
Lazy Luke wrote:Today was my year to the day I started this job. That happens to be the most multi-cultural place of employment I've ever had.
I work with, Ghanians, Eretrians, Somalians, Tanzanians, Indians, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Afghans, Indonisians, Chinese, Romanians, Polish, English Scots and Irish, etc ... that is what I like most about the job.
Congrats on a year in the new job. Damn, time flies. :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

LOLS on the comment of past us bring dicks to future us lol 😂😂😂😂😂 aint that the truth.

Good on you Luci for getting on the exercise and diet mill. Huge respect ✊ dudette. Hope all goes well with the tests too.

As much as Id have loved to do all that shit .. Im not at all disciplined with my bad self. I enjoy being active though so I got that going for me.

Congratulations Lazy good for you and glad its a job that gives back.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Really? Nothing?

Well, at least it's Friday.

--A
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Avatar wrote:Well, at least it's Friday.

--A
Tired out, I am. Yesterday was the hottest day this summer.
HR sought me out urging me to use up my holiday time. Only a few weeks left before they vanish.

happy days

Post by Avatar »

Use 'em while you got 'em. I've taken a few days mid-August myself, looking forward to it.

In other news...Monday...

--A
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

So my Monday began with medical news I didn't want to hear. Been waiting all weekend to find out. Sunday morning I thought my head would explode. I went to church with Stag and Fawn of the dawn and it totally got my mind off of my little world and gave me peace.

Still, I do face possible surgery-- ok, make that inevitable surgery unless I am an idiot-- but I will be asking if it can wait until NOT the first week of school. Those first few days are sooooo important to set the tone of the class. From what I know, I should be able to wait it at least until December.

Well, I don't want to be one of THOSE people who talk at length about their medical conditions! :D (My Mom, who lived with cancer the last 5 years of her life, never talked about it unless asked, and then she gave the Cliff Notes version. I want to be her. But not with the cancer she had.)

To continue your convo above, several years ago I had so much pain I considered getting a cane. But there was a point when I decided, f#$% that 5#!% and I got serious about losing weight, exercise, and yoga, and it really helped. I won't be THAT person on the scooter in WalMart for at least a few more years. :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Lazy Luke wrote: HR sought me out urging me to use up my holiday time. Only a few weeks left before they vanish.

happy days
Omigosh, what are you waiting for??!! :banana: :7up: :bwave:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

deer of the dawn wrote:Well, I don't want to be one of THOSE people who talk at length about their medical conditions! :D (My Mom, who lived with cancer the last 5 years of her life, never talked about it unless asked, and then she gave the Cliff Notes version. I want to be her. But not with the cancer she had.)
You and I obviously have differing opinions on that. I believe to hold everything in and not share impedes one's healing process. But, each must choose to do what makes them comfortable.

Love and Light to you, deer! And if you are willing to share your mother's first name, so I can have you added to my mishaberach list as <your real first name, which I believe I know> bas <your mother's first name>, I would be happy to do so.

In the meantime, here is the general mishaberach prayer with images for various faiths. May it bring you peace and comfort while you wait.

https://youtu.be/NxXQzfTHnV4
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

deer of the dawn wrote:
Lazy Luke wrote: HR sought me out urging me to use up my holiday time. Only a few weeks left before they vanish.

happy days
Omigosh, what are you waiting for??!!
Touchscreens! I just can't get the hang of them.
We use them to book time off. Plus, navigating those options menus... ugh!
Will give it another go tomorrow.

Even on my way home buying bread in Tescos, I have to tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap just to get a single thing done.

Namaste

Return to “General Discussion Forum”