Poldark

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

dlbpharmd
Lord

Poldark

Post by dlbpharmd »

I recently discovered this series on Prime, and I've watched the 4 available seasons.

I was drawn to it initially by the historical reference to the American Revolutionary War, and then became interested in the mining story line. I grew up across from the entrance to an old coal mine, and I've read extensively about mining in general and coal mining in particular.

There are some aspects that I've grown tired of, such as the enmity between Poldark and Worleggan, but all things considered it's a good show. I understand it's extremely popular, perhaps as a result of the love for Downton Abbey.

Oh, and by the way, Eleanor Tomlinson (who plays Demelza) is stunningly beautiful.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm surprised there's not a thread for it actually. Not watched it myself, but the GF has watched a couple seasons and has mostly enjoyed it.

--A
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The last episode aired on the PBS app last night.

We enjoyed this show, although as it progressed, we really came to dislike Poldark. He's a terrible person, all things considered. I've never read the books the series is based on, so I don't know (and doubt) that he was written to be that way.

Demelza is the real star of the show, IMO.

Return to “TV Shows”