yes
91%
no
9%

Total votes: 23

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Google meet would be fine. Don't know much about it but I'm sure it's not too difficult.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Count me in - I have a Zoom Pro account and can set up, if needed.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'm all in for an away eE-Fest. Especially since I'm not hitting the sauce or smoking anymore these days.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

dlbpharmd wrote:Count me in - I have a Zoom Pro account and can set up, if needed.
Let's do it!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Damelon wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:Count me in - I have a Zoom Pro account and can set up, if needed.
Let's do it!
Suggestions for dates/times?
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Well, this was a fun thread to find!
I'm slightly saddened that Av got to the "E-Fest will have a double-meaning" joke before I did though. (however, my relief at having SEEN that he did so I didn't make it again thinking I was being original and look like a doofus... begins to compensate.)
dlbpharmd wrote:Suggestions for dates/times?
There's a lot of excitement right now... how about for date range:
Something 1-3 weeks from now.

That's July 27th to August 11th.

SD's point still stands:
SD wrote:Sky, along with others tried this about a year and a half ago. Not video, admittedly, but an ongoing series of global Watcher chat sessions. This demonstrated the challenge I grappled with for years as a program manager of global deployments for a certain e-commerce and cloud infrastructure provider: There Is No One Time Convenient For Global Group Meetings.
I like Av's suggestion for how to compensate for that... and have an idea or two to add. (in a bit)
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'm thinking that 20:00 or 21:00 UTC on a Saturday is a window. It's evening in Europe - late evening for Av. 21:00 is 07:00 Sunday morning in Sydney if my phone app is right. And it's mid to late afternoon in the U.S.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sounds good to me. :) Not like I'm going anywhere or doing anything else at the moment. And it sure as hell beats 72 hours of travel to get to and from a physical one. :D (Why did we never think of this before? :D )

I'll (temporarily) re-install Zoom if necessary, or like I said, can set up a Google one (which can handle up to 250) and either send invites to email addresses, or just supply the link. (Anything but MS Teams. :D )

(Let's be sure and not post any link publicly though. :D )

So, 1st or 8th August?

--A
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I have family visiting the weekend of the August 1 so I might be somewhat limited, the weekend of August 8, I am free.

Post by Avatar »

Should we put up a poll? Send a mass email?

--A
Linna Heartbooger

Whoops; sorry for not being more on the ball, as far as keeping up with this planning!
Avatar wrote:Should we put up a poll? Send a mass email?
Yes.
* Make a whenisgood.net link for the weekends of Aug 8th and Aug 15th.
* Send a mass email*; include whenisgood.net link.

Also, individually, we should-
* Invite people. Mails from Kevin's Watch sometimes don't get through Gmail's spam filter for me. (Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.)

* I'm always encouraged when I get email from the Watch. (Helps that people don't over-use it.)
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

I have no idea how Zoom works. But is it possible to record the Zoom session? No matter what time and days I would be unable to make it. However at my discretion I would like to have a chance to view it - even if that cost a small fee to view later.

If that is not possible - can those that attend try their best to write some highlights -in another thread- of interesting things that happened during the session. That way those of us unable to attend will have some flavor of interesting things discussed or funny things that people said, etc.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.

Post by Avatar »

It's possible, and there's no fee, but it'd be a video of a bunch of people (maybe) sitting around talking shit... :D

Ok @Linna, you make the link, I'll send the mail. Post it to the FB group and whatever as well I guess. :D

8th is already close, should we add a 3rd option for the 22nd? Also, can people see the votes so far? I'm equally free, so will go for the one most convenient for the majority.

--A
Linna Heartbooger

Sam- there is totally a record feature in Zoom!
I wonder if, as we wouldn't have a presenter, it would just record whoever's speaking at the time.
(Actually, I used zoom 2-3 years ago, and I remember that was how it worked.)
Avatar wrote:It's possible, and there's no fee, but it'd be a video of a bunch of people (maybe) sitting around talking shit... :D

Ok @Linna, you make the link, I'll send the mail. Post it to the FB group and whatever as well I guess. :D

8th is already close, should we add a 3rd option for the 22nd? Also, can people see the votes so far? I'm equally free, so will go for the one most convenient for the majority.

--A
Of course!

RE all three weekends: Sure!
None of them are gov't holidays here... we have one of those coming up in early September.

Sounds good - I will PM you the whenisgood.net link(s) within the next few hours.
Then we can also decide if we'll post it somewhere on KW.
(major con: If we did that, random lurkers who are not going to attend could vote about the time. :lol: )
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

It might not hurt to have an emcee so that we all don't speak at once and then no-one speaks for fear of all speaking at once :D Then again, if there's only half a dozen or so of us it might not matter.

If dlb has a pro account, maybe he could volunteer to do the duties? :D
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Linna Heartbooger

StevieG wrote:It might not hurt to have an emcee so that we all don't speak at once and then no-one speaks for fear of all speaking at once :D Then again, if there's only half a dozen or so of us it might not matter.
THAT is a very good idea.
I speak from experience when I say that "no-one speaks for fear of all speaking at once" sounds quite famliar.
Well, maybe!
But if it's not something he naturally loves / wants to do, (of which I have no idea) and there is someone else who does... maybe default that person into that "host" role. :)

Also, lemme click to watch this thread.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

StevieG wrote:
Sure, I'm happy to serve as host, and I can set up co-hosts also. Happy to run the show!

Post by Avatar »

Awesome.

I'm going to send out a mass mail, if you don't get it, here is the link to the whenisgood thing:

http://whenisgood.net/jd52mif

Mails will go to the address on record for you, so if you don't get it, it means your email is out of date. :)

--A
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I'm so glad I got the email! I think an eE-fest is a wonderful idea.

Any chance SRD can attend?
The King has one more move.

Post by Avatar »

Haha, well at least 1 person got it. :D

Who knows Caam...anybody even still in touch with him? He's a member, so should get the mail. :D I can always email Romeo and ask I guess...(although he should get it too...)

Also thinking 8th is prob too soon now. :D

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”