The Latest Potentially-Explosive Racially-Charged Murder

Archive From The 'Tank
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

TF ... and you claim to be a linguist.

He asked a number of questions and gave an example and said
“WF” wrote: .... now THAT’s racism. Please recognize it.
He did not say you SB are racist ... he didn’t even say on the other page that Null was a racist.

We dont need to go out of our way looking under rocks for any example of an offence.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

I don't claim it.... I am it. For once in the Tank, a poster will happily own up to being an -ist. The party starts here.

Firstly, the example offered in evidence was Soulbiter's own personal anecdote. It should be utterly unnecessary to point out that he was present at the time... WF wasn't.

Secondly, are you seriously attempting to draw a distinction between:-

a) "...now THAT'S racism. Please recognise it."

and

b) "Please recognise your racism."

and

c) "You're a racist."

Apart (just possibly) from degree or intent, there is none. The character insult is not even particularly subtle. As I've just said, perhaps I should ask people to "please recognise their fractious little tosserishness"... that phraseology apparently makes everything fine by ducking the ad hominem charge.

And again, the sole justification for such accusation of racism, no matter how well or thinly veiled such levied accusation may be, is literally no more than "Because you don't ascribe to my thinking and because I say so." As such it is no more than inflammatory, proselytising and supercilious bullshit (and I'd say intentionally so, given the extremely lengthy period of time that this modus operandi has been evidenced over).
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes I am because of their very literal distinctions.

If you choose to read more into it ... thats your call.
But it would be inaccurate.

Im 100% sure you can distinguish between a statement, a question, an observation about a thing ie racism and an ad hominem attack ... an attack that is about a person as opposed to challenging their thoughts or words.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

I'm 100% sure I can too.

Which is the core reason that the content of my previous post stands.

Where have we got to now, pray? Perhaps "Your expressed opinions evidence a possibly unwitting yet quite clear state of fractious little tosserish thinking - please recognise this."

That's certainly more graciously expressed than what was actually said - so is that okay for you now? After all, it refers to the thinking, not the individual, right?

Any more reductiones ad absurdum required? Just let me know...

:roll:
Last edited by TheFallen on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:lol:

Are you attributing the invention tosserishness to moi?

If so, I remain in the dark as to your intended meaning. I ses no evidence to support your interpretation.

But as we are not getting anywhere, I can concede an element of implied presumption.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The early 70's was quite different than the landscape we find ourselves in now. There was no impact from social media, cell phones, the web, PC's were not invented yet, no cable TV and living rural we had about 5 channels most of which went off the air at specific times, and the fact that most of us had nothing more than a 12 inch black and white TV anyway. These kids were learning how to say those things from their parents and from each other. Yes it was racism in its most basic form.

I am appalled that anyone would defend what was said a page back. I literally pulled memories from my childhood that show that blacks can and indeed do have their own racism that they need to deal with. They are human, how can they not? Only to have someone not just discount what I said, but tell me to recognize the racism in even bringing it up. But also Z was right, it was literally shitting on a life experience I had.

So here is a big F you to all of you who defended this or even tried to make excuses or discount what was said. I am fairly surprised to see it so blatantly an unabashedly as a new norm here.

A big "thank you" to those who recognized that for what it was and pointed it out.

I think I will take a break from KW for a while. I don't come here to be insulted in that manner. You get the benefit of the anonymity of the internet, but take this to the bank, if you said that to my face, I would most assuredly beat the F out of you and not lose a minutes sleep over it. I am a nice guy in real life. But there are limits to what I will put up with.

You know Cail was kicked out of here because he couldn't be civil (although that is debatable). But there are others who have "returned" who are just as bad or worse in their own way. Think about that.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

SoulBiter wrote:The early 70's was quite different than the landscape we find ourselves in now. There was no impact from social media, cell phones, the web, PC's were not invented yet, no cable TV and living rural we had about 5 channels most of which went off the air at specific times, and the fact that most of us had nothing more than a 12 inch black and white TV anyway. These kids were learning how to say those things from their parents and from each other. Yes it was racism in its most basic form.
I think you have a few years on me, but my experience in the '70s was similar.
SoulBiter wrote:I am appalled that anyone would defend what was said a page back. I literally pulled memories from my childhood that show that blacks can and indeed do have their own racism that they need to deal with. They are human, how can they not? Only to have someone not just discount what I said, but tell me to recognize the racism in even bringing it up. But also Z was right, it was literally shitting on a life experience I had.
Consider the source(s). Small-minded people who have the anonymity of the internet. Cowards. Let it roll off your back as the insignificant words of insignificant people.
SoulBiter wrote:I think I will take a break from KW for a while. I don't come here to be insulted in that manner.
That would be a shame, as you're one of the most level-headed posters here. Your absence would create a vacuum.
SoulBiter wrote:You know Cail was kicked out of here because he couldn't be civil (although that is debatable). But there are others who have "returned" who are just as bad or worse in their own way. Think about that.
Without going too far down that garden path, Cail was kicked out of here because he refused to stand down and take the abuse that was heaped on him. The person who banned him ignored the same behavior from other posters who had the correct beliefs and hung with the correct crowd.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

sgt.null wrote:Trust me blacks can be racist.
I agree.

But when the same group of people delight in discussing ad nauseum how blacks are racist, but never seem to mention or admit to whites being racist, and also never seem to mention or admit to blacks doing anything good, then they are clearly participating in a plan to sway public opinion against blacks. That's logic, not opinion.

If there's a reason other than racism for denigrating blacks by posting propaganda, I am open to hearing about it.

(And if someone talked about how the Yankees suck all the time, and how whatever the Red Sox do is awesome, no one would be admonished for considering this person a Red Sox fan.)

BTW, I have done many racist things in my time. I try to get older and wiser and do better as time passes. I would not consider anyone calling me out for slipping up a criminal, provided it was a well-intentioned constructive criticism and not a Tank-tactic.

In fact, this tactic of destroying anyone pointing out racism is just another supremacist tactic. Maybe I am wrong about something, maybe not, but silencing dissenting voices is not what well-intentioned people do.

... And let's not forget what I have been called here in the Tank. You guys are complaining I got mud on your shoes after you all shoot me in the gut with a shotgun - over and over again. Why do people do that? Because they don't want my voice to be heard - to suppress my opinion. Again, if there's another reason for playing the hypocritical ban-him-for-fighting-back game, I am open to hearing about it.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Im deeply saddened to read this SB.

Its a shame you have taken the different perspective I offered as insult.

You are indeed a valued Watcher.

... your personal experiences are no less valid because someone questioned you about them.

I personally think people these days are all too eager to be offended and outraged ... where offence may not have been intended.

But I cannot in truth answer for someone else but simply hoped we could try to see things from a different more positive perspective...

Take the time you need. You will be missed.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

100% agree.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

WF - people don’t like you because you attack and then run. You have called me a racist many times. You refuse to back the accusation with any fact. You are the left's version of Cail. I would vote to ban you because you offer nothing to the Tank. I've been told to be nice and so I shall be. But you have issues. Some sort of self hatred that makes you lash out. I dont like you enough to pity you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Well that is an incorrect assessment Null and certainly does not represent my thinking.

I like wayfriend and wayfriend is not only greatly appreciated by me lol 😂 he is widely liked and highly regarded Watcher and respected across the Watch. His posts are imv well considered and reasonably measured.

Wayfriend like many posters in the Watch, dont come often to the Tank ... as tbf its not always a welcoming place indeed the Tank is arguably a very different forum to the others on the board.

Not only is it not generally speaking, a welcoming forum, it is dominated by posters who believe it their right to actively discriminate against those who think differently than they do.

And posters that do weather the crap sometimes tire of the dismissive, disregard and occasional abuse with which they are greeted and only come in small doses, if they persevere at all.

wayfriend presents you with his perspective ... and I have seen you swooping in, guns ablazing 😉 to condemn him on more occasions than one. But you are not the only one that has done so or still does so.

And its not just wayfriend ... nano and wos too has experienced this, and honestly Nanos posts are almost always well thought out, structured and measured of late .... and then of course I too have experience with this.

We do not know each other, so we have few grounds upon which to assess the caliber of a fellow poster beyond that which he or she writes.

Being nice would look more like not reinforcing a demeaning statement like “nobody likes you” ... for one this is not a schoolyard.

We do not need to like each other. That is a personal choice. We do have to have regard for each other though.

This is our Watch, all of ours ♥️
It's a friendly place full of fantasy fans of the Thomas Covenant books (if you don't know those, don't worry; we'll assimilate you soon), though we also discuss music, movies, politics, religion and anything between.

The greatest thing about this message board is that even the most reprehensible members are pretty darn friendly. Everyone here is on some kind of Utopia drug or something. You'll never feel out of place or competing for notice. Your first post may as well be your 9,000th!
General courtesy guidelines

Do be civilized and considerate.

Do try and express your thoughts carefully and clearly.

Do be sure to read what the other person is actually saying and not what you think they may be saying.

Don't post when intoxicated! You'll find it harder to keep to the guidelines!

Smile 😀

Do try to keep messages on-topic and post on the appropriate topic board.

Don't duplicate existing topics elsewhere.

Do watch what you say – you are responsible for what you write.

Don't post personal information about yourself (phone numbers, address etc) - it's for your own safety.

Do respect the Moderators' decisions – KW Moderators reserve the right to edit, relocate and/or remove any message, at any time, for any reason. All editing decisions should be considered final.

Do remember that the KW discussion forums are moderated by a group of people who have volunteered to put themselves in the position of making difficult judgement calls.

Following these guidelines/rules makes their life easier, and everyone's experience visiting KW better.

More serious guidelines - May result in a warning from a moderator and a temporary suspension/permanent ban
[/b]
Don't get personal; a good general rule: "criticize ideas, not people".

Don't post personal/racial/ethnic/gender-based insults, slurs or offensive comments.

Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to wind people up.

Don't post contact details e.g. phone numbers and physical address details, or post other peoples e-mail addresses unless you have their permission to do so.
Don't make slanderous statements, or anything else that might violate someone's privacy.

Don't threaten other users. Threats will not be tolerated
If you have an issue with someone, take it up in private with that person. KW isn't here for you to air your personal grieveances with any member of KW - if you insist on doing this then your post will get zapped and the offending account disabled.

We can and should do better ... if for no one here ... for the Watch.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

I'm probably going to take a break, too. Two months to the election. I've made up my mind. You have made up yours. Not much point in discussing things, is there?

This site has become absolutely toxic.
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:I'm probably going to take a break, too. Two months to the election. I've made up my mind. You have made up yours. Not much point in discussing things, is there?

This site has become absolutely toxic.
As to toxicity, every poster - you, me, everyone else - needs to ask him- or herself what responsibility they, their words and actions have in the creation of this. AND to do so without the slightest reference whatsoever to what anyone else may have been perceived as saying or doing.

To me, this is just classically symptomatic of the all-pervading utterly negativistic and thus utterly pointless trench warfare approach that is very clearly both the deliberately promoted and unfortunately the self-selected dish du jour on all sides for the foreseeable, as far as politics are concerned. Screw introspection and cover up all the mirrors... just do nothing but slag off the "hated others" with all your might and main. That's all you need focus on... honest! :roll:

Sadly, the Tank seems not to be able to prevent itself from becoming a mere direct reflection of the state and much more lamentably, the nature, tone and tactics underpinning the political debate currently going on (and becoming ever more venomous) in the US in general. The perfect word is "sectarian".

Perhaps this was always going to be inevitable - but one might have hoped that more measured heads (as one tends - or at least, tended - to find in the Tank) would have meant that a more measured tone might have prevailed. A real shame, though.
Last edited by TheFallen on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

It is fair to say we have all contributed to the current decline.

But I also think we are all capable of turning it around. We are all capable and sufficiently intelligent to make the attempt. The question is whether or not we want to.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

Indeed.

And it's not all utterly unrelieved doom and gloom either.

There are still the occasional bright spots as far as the Tank is concerned - and it's worth remembering that. Take for example the best recent thread I (and clearly several others) can recall... Nano's own "Is America Great Again Yet?" effort. At least the first page or so of that was very definitely both illuminating and enjoyable in terms of an exchange of ideas and views.

(Primarily and of course because of my own gifted and astute inputs thereto, but even so...)

:biggrin:

Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - are you incapable of seeing 👀 when WF calls 📞 someone a racist and refuses to back up the claim without any proof?

Your inability to see 👀 both sides of any issue is puzzling.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I am not incapable of seeing Null 🤓... but if we focus solely on blame, we revert to the same old, same old and not move forward.

We all got us here.

And Jezus if I let every shitty thing some Tankers said to me upset my apple cart - Id never come post 🤦‍♀️

And where would the Tank be without a rogue boireannach?

You’d be at the mercy of a boys club for starters 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

100% agree the MAGA thread has some really interesting posts ... and yes TF in part due to your gifted authorship indeed. 👌

LOLS

:LOLS:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
SoulBiter wrote:[...]

I think I will take a break from KW for a while. ...

[...]
ur-Nanothnir wrote:I'm probably going to take a break, too. ...

[...]
Peace out, y'all. Image

We'll leave the light on for you. 🏮

================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:[...]

... Cail was kicked out of here because he refused to stand down and take the abuse that was heaped on him. ...

Return to “Coercri”