The Latest Potentially-Explosive Racially-Charged Murder

Archive From The 'Tank
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - not sure why one poster was set adrift and another embraced for .much the same behaviour. but whatever I guess.

And now peaceful rioters trashed restaurant in Rochester, NY and reportedly climbing on roofs in residential areas. This comes die after man dies in police custody.

Coroner reported "an autopsy report from the Monroe County Medical Examiner's Office determined that Prude died as a result of "complications of asphyxia in the setting of physical restraint due to excited delirium due to acute phencyclidine intoxication," which is "an indication that Prude might have been high on PCP."
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I had another brother, my last brother left, die this week. I also got a promotion where I’m making twice as much money. I’m in a new relationship, buying a house, taking a vacation in two weeks.... the petty squabbles on this site are so meaningless. I’ve already been taking a break. Maybe we all should. It’s been fun, but now it’s just kind of pathetic and pointless.

Have fun, if you can. Take care. See you next time SRD writes something good
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Genuinely sorry for your loss Z ... wishing you good health and joy in your road ahead.

Sounds like things are going very well in your personal and work life. All the very best ♥️ to you and yours ♥️
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Zarathustra wrote:I had another brother, my last brother left, die this week. I also got a promotion where I’m making twice as much money. I’m in a new relationship, buying a house, taking a vacation in two weeks.... the petty squabbles on this site are so meaningless. I’ve already been taking a break. Maybe we all should. It’s been fun, but now it’s just kind of pathetic and pointless.

Sorry to hear it man.

Yes, it's devolved into pointlessness. Management has decided to let certain posters run riot, and it's ceased to be enjoyable.

Take care.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

wayfriend wrote:... And let's not forget what I have been called here in the Tank. You guys are complaining I got mud on your shoes after you all shoot me in the gut with a shotgun - over and over again. Why do people do that? Because they don't want my voice to be heard - to suppress my opinion. Again, if there's another reason for playing the hypocritical ban-him-for-fighting-back game, I am open to hearing about it.
Maybe it has something to do with your signature, which indicates that your fellow Watch members condone white nationalism with every post you make.

Incidentally, the fact that I have never tried to make you change your signature proves that your voice is not being suppressed. If your voice receives criticism that is probably because your voice spouts nonsense.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
wayfriend wrote:... And let's not forget what I have been called here in the Tank. You guys are complaining I got mud on your shoes after you all shoot me in the gut with a shotgun - over and over again. Why do people do that? Because they don't want my voice to be heard - to suppress my opinion. Again, if there's another reason for playing the hypocritical ban-him-for-fighting-back game, I am open to hearing about it.
Maybe it has something to do with your signature, which indicates that your fellow Watch members condone white nationalism with every post you make.
Sometimes when you look at the visit list at the foot of the front page there are roughly 50/50 Mods to regular members. Don't you think it has something to do with that. I mean what are Moderators, what is it they do?

Recently I called a long time poster 'a prick'. Partly to prove a point. The head honcho called me out with an whopping great 'Oi'. You know I almost shit my pants when I read that. You can be sure I won't be insulting any one ever again!
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Zarathustra wrote:I had another brother, my last brother left, die this week. ...

[...]
Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei.

========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
SoulBiter wrote:[...]

I think I will take a break from KW for a while. ...

[...]
ur-Nanothnir wrote:I'm probably going to take a break, too. ...

[...]
Zarathustra wrote:... I've already been taking a break. Maybe we all should. It's been fun, but now it's just kind of pathetic and pointless.

Have fun, if you can. Take care. ...
Peace out, y'all. Image

We'll leave the light on for you. 🏮

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sorry for your loss Z.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Zarathustra wrote:I had another brother, my last brother left, die this week. I also got a promotion where I’m making twice as much money. I’m in a new relationship, buying a house, taking a vacation in two weeks.... the petty squabbles on this site are so meaningless. I’ve already been taking a break. Maybe we all should. It’s been fun, but now it’s just kind of pathetic and pointless.

Ah hell, sorry to hear it Z.

Honestly I'm starting to feel the same way myself. There's just no fun in it at the moment. And it's damn sure no fun being caught in the middle.

Hope we see you around man, there is surprisingly more to this place than treating each other like shit over political opinions. Maybe check some of those bits out when you have time. ;)

Be safe,

--A
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

SoulBiter wrote:[...]

I think I will take a break from KW for a while. ...

[...]
ur-Nanothnir wrote:I'm probably going to take a break, too. ...

[...]
Zarathustra wrote:... I've already been taking a break. Maybe we all should. It's been fun, but now it's just kind of pathetic and pointless.

Have fun, if you can. Take care. ...
You know what this whole exercise in futility brings to mind? The culmination of that 80s movie "War Games", that's what.

Not that it was in any way a seminal art event, but for those who missed it, at its conclusion, the computer that's entirely taken over the US's tactical nuclear arsenal is only prevented from starting all-out nuclear war by being made to play tic-tac-toe and thus realising that conflicts which are eternally and inevitably fated to be utterly banal and pointless and where nobody can ever win... can and do exist.

To me, there's a very clear correlation between that and the recent ever more hyperpartisan, ever more polarised, ever more extreme and thus ever more venomous trench warfare evident in the Tank - from both sides. Perhaps not surprising if the Tank is a microcosm of wider US society. BUT if only people could see the futility in what's going on in their own and their "opponents'" actions and have their own tic-tac-toe moment of revelation...

Sadly, not happening. Both sides do literally nothing but make maximum efforts to sling as much mud as possible at the other side. And NB even if said mud is partly or even fully justified, this whole shooting match is an exercise in utter futility. It's merely and eternally pots calling kettles black... everybody is so busy slamming the "hated others" that they never bother taking a step back in even the briefest attempt to dispassionately evaluate their own side. Most everyone's been duped into buying into the completely fake "Light vs Dark" issue framing that's been so assiduously crafted and peddled by both Dems & Pubs.

So with nigh on everybody, confirmation bias holds full sway... nigh on everybody's position is fully entrenched and there's nothing that can be said or done that will change anyone's mind. Let's face it, there are whole hosts of evidence to conclusively demonstrate that the other side is shit (and yes, it's an absolute fact that the other side is indeed shit... it's just that so is your preferred side too).

So, it's all unutterably futile.

And just as relevantly, my own position - which has invariably been that both sides are as bad as each other and to try to get both sides to take a few moments of introspection and self-evaluation in order to come to a realisation of this - wins just as few prizes in terms of being useful. Okay, so I am damn sure that my own position is a sight more realistic in terms of acknowledging the actual state of things than those held by the hyperpolarised majority...

...but so what? I'm not claiming the intellectual or utilitarian high ground here at all. Although a far more accurate and realistic assessment (in my own very firm view), my own position's conclusion is possibly the most bleakly and depressingly futile of them all.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I will be here, citing facts and figures while speaking the truth, until I am the only one left.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

You are right I think TF ... and from my perspective it is no hardship to say that. Of course both sides are shit, are comprised of shits (ie read shit plural = shits) cuz humans, right?

Humans are self-interest and agenda driven ... and add power and influence to that the result is questionable or worse, corrupt outcomes and deliverables.

Its the reality of the state of play.

I think though what you have highlighted TF is the ideal way to approach political discourse and individual political issues.

That way you aren’t personally devoted to a particular partisan view ... and by elevating ones perspective to that bigger picture its easier to identify the real issues.

Worth a crack anyway 👌
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Hashi - i'll try to hang in. Unless the left wins and I get sent to a re-education camp.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I don't come here enough to keep up with this shit.

Every single time I've called an opinion a racist opinion, or called promotion of an idea the promotion of a racist idea, I have spent the time necessary to explain why it was so, in objective, fact-based terms.

No one has ever refuted any of it.

I have also gone out of my way to point out an assumption of ignorance.

However, the response here has been to demand a blanket, thoughtless, TOTALITARIAN demand that no one should ever point out racism in this forum. And especially that the such words be banned without regard to how much they are actually applicable. (E.g. No one has suggested that the term "racist" can be legitimately applied on some occassions - except to black people, it seems.)

The important point here is this: demanding that racist opinions and racist actions should never be called out for being racist is exactly the kind of white supremacist tactic that proves beyond any reasonable doubt what's going on here.

If I am wrong, then please explain when calling something racist racist is legitimate. You won't, because my posts will inevitably fall on the legitimate side. Rather, you - the kings of insulting people - will argue about how horrible it is to be insulted, and expect people to believe you.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Wayfriend - explain to me right now how I am racist. You've done it many ti.es and then run away. So here you go.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

wayfriend wrote:Every single time I've called an opinion a racist opinion, or called promotion of an idea the promotion of a racist idea, I have spent the time necessary to explain why it was so, in objective, fact-based terms.

No one has ever refuted any of it.
Point out to us where we are obligated to refute your baseless opinions. I'll wait.

Oh, yes, that's right--we don't have to.

You don't have the time to keep up with this shit? We have time to keep putting up with yours, but you do you.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Damn ... the point, I would have thought, is that there is absolutely zero problem calling out racism wherever identified.

That’s one of the points of a discussion surely - identifying issues and unpacking or exploring them.

There is a critical distinction however, between calling an opinion racist or an idea racist and calling a person racist where done in derogation.

I personally think that if someone’s opinion (cuz let’s be honest they’re all opinions ... sure some may be supported by identified facts, some corroborating input of one kind of another ... but most are mostly baseless individual musings that we share here) is evidence of a racist position, that it is appropriate to say so. But that may depend on how it is said.

What I believe is not useful in general public or political discourse is gratuitous slagging off of fellow posters, calling posters stupid, ignorant or denigrating their character (basically attempts at character assassination cuz those slagging off got nothing better to run with, so they revert to below the belt punches).
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

sky - so are you ok with a poster calling others racist?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:What I believe is not useful in general public or political discourse is gratuitous slagging off of fellow posters, calling posters stupid, ignorant or denigrating their character (basically attempts at character assassination cuz those slagging off got nothing better to run with, so they revert to below the belt punches).
Technically, wayfriend's signature indicates that all of us--including you--support and/or advance a platform of white nationalist propaganda. Every time he makes a post that signature appears and it constitutes one instance of character assassination against everyone with whom he disagrees on a regular basis.

Dominique Alexander, a high-profile leader of the blm in Dallas (who is also good friends with now-resigning Police Chief Hall--in fact, Alexander, who is on a police overisght board, was instrumental in brining Renee Hall here...along with all her Detroit baggage, District Attorney Let-Em-Go Creuzot, and at least one city council member) was arrested for his violent behavior at a recent counterprotest rally plus the outstanding warrant for domestic violence--it appears that he had beaten up his long-standing girlfriend, colloquially referred to as "his baby mama", yet again. This is what the blm has to offer--violent thugs who simply do not know how to act like civilized human beings.

The killedbypolice.net numbers, when juxtaposed against the total amount of police interactions on an annual basis, prove that police are not hunting down black people. The blm looks only at statistical outliers and tries to paint them as an endmeic problem; meanwhile, the people they venerate have, to date, never actually been innocent--they all had criminal records.

Return to “Coercri”