The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

I'm afraid I can't give you that one (you latched onto the wrong piece of your first answer).

You'll need to reach outside of your comfort zone. Trust that the answer is out there ready and waiting.
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

IrrationalSanity wrote:...to enable him to squander her inheritance. :)
:LOLS: I like it. :D

Don't know the answer for the next question though. :D

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Hmm I told you I was not good with clues lol. I thought 3/4 was clue for 4/3 ratio and remote for remote control....but anywho....

To be honest I am stumped. I remember the scene fairly well ...well except for the part who did he resolve getting back to Mordant?

I got one my guess...then I might need call a friend or 50/50 lifeline or something...lol

Anyways....I am now remembering something with Adept Havelock...Aughhh! the details are escaping me. Something along the lines of possibly using the Adepts mirror to get back to Mordant...or the Adept seeing them and reaching out to them...its on the tip of my mind but I can't seem to remember 8O
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

samrw3 wrote:Hmm I told you I was not good with clues lol. I thought 3/4 was clue for 4/3 ratio and remote for remote control....but anywho....

To be honest I am stumped. I remember the scene fairly well ...well except for the part who did he resolve getting back to Mordant?

I got one my guess...then I might need call a friend or 50/50 lifeline or something...lol

Anyways....I am now remembering something with Adept Havelock...Aughhh! the details are escaping me. Something along the lines of possibly using the Adepts mirror to get back to Mordant...or the Adept seeing them and reaching out to them...its on the tip of my mind but I can't seem to remember 8O
You got all of the pieces in there, so I'll have mercy and give it to you without making you connect the dots.

1. Accidentally translated to Terisa's old apartment.
Correct from the very beginning.
2. Gereden looking for a curved mirror to change.
This was the one that was almost right, but not quite. Gereden can only work with curved glass, but all of Terisa's mirrors had been removed, so there was nothing in the apartment. So...
3. Using one of Havelock's mirrors
This is the key piece. Gereden had never tried changing a mirror "remotely" before, and didn't know if he could do it. It turns out he could, and did so to one of the mirrors in Havelock's cache. He then opened his arms and called out (though sound doesn't transmit, so we have to assume the meaning came through anyway) "Havelock, we trust you!"
4. Havelock, prepared as always, saw this, opened the mirror and translated them back to Mordant.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Aww that does jog my memory now. It was kind of a mutual thing - Geraden changed the mirror but Havelock opening the mirror and translating them.

I will have a question shortly - it may be a day or two - our busy time at work right now :)
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

I found a question pretty quickly so off we go:

When Geraden and Terisa were riding to Termigan some black shapes attacked them.

1. What did the black shape do to Geradens horse first? I will allow a little wiggle room here.

2. How did Geraden distract the creature. Bonus points if you know the precise way he distracted the creature. But I will allow a general answer.

3. How did Termigan's men slay the creatures?
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

samrw3 wrote:I found a question pretty quickly so off we go:

When Geraden and Terisa were riding to Termigan some black shapes attacked them.

1. What did the black shape do to Geradens horse first? I will allow a little wiggle room here.

2. How did Geraden distract the creature. Bonus points if you know the precise way he distracted the creature. But I will allow a general answer.

3. How did Termigan's men slay the creatures?
No guesses yet?

well here are some clues:

1. I hope that you don't get so upset that you lose it while guessing

2. I will bless you after guessing this answer correctly<<sorry indirect clue but could not think of a better clue

3. Lets just sat Val Helsing would have approved of the method.

Post by Avatar »

1) It ate through his horse from the front towards him....

(Dunno about the others...uh wait...)

2) He threw something at it? Flour?

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Avatar wrote:1) It ate through his horse from the front towards him....

(Dunno about the others...uh wait...)

2) He threw something at it? Flour?

--A
1. Correct! It started at the head. Most interesting line in this area "
Its jaws ripped the horse's skull apart"

2. Correct - threw something at it! The bonus answer is: Cornmeal. But I was not expecting anyone to remember what was thrown.

3. Remaining question How did Termigan's men kill the creatures? Clue Van Helsing uses one.

Other characters that use one:
Norman Reedus in Walking Dead
Buffy Vampire Slayer (on occasion)
Huntress (comic book charachter)
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

So Avatar want to make a stab at answering #3 what did Termigan's men use to killthe creatures? I got no more clues - because truthfully I thought Van Helsing was a give away.

Anywho...if Avatar doesn't want to guess - what are the rules - can I declare that he answered enough and just pass him the torch of having the next question?
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

samrw3 wrote:So Avatar want to make a stab at answering #3 what did Termigan's men use to killthe creatures? I got no more clues - because truthfully I thought Van Helsing was a give away.

Anywho...if Avatar doesn't want to guess - what are the rules - can I declare that he answered enough and just pass him the torch of having the next question?
Your question, your rules as far as correctness. :)
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Well to keep the game moving along... I wll declare Avatar the winner of these questions!!!

1. where did shape start - form the head towards Geraden

2. How did Geraden distract the creature = by throwing something at it - bonus answer cornmeal

3. How did Termigan's men kill the creature - unanswered but I will let it slide so we can move along :) the answer from the books - with arrows from a crossbow.

Ao Avatar your quesiton!!

Post by Avatar »

Haha, I guessed the last one thanks to all those clues. Had no memory of it though. Surprised I got as close as "flour" to the other one. :D

Ok...since my book is at my side...

Why did Havelock follow Vagel through the flat glass?

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

I have no idea or guesses. Hopefully someone else will jump in and save us :)
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Simple,

Vagel beckoned him. (Presumably with a "come on!" type gesture, as sound doesn't transmit.)

Haveleock told us that himself at one point.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

Good enough. :D
'Then he turned and beckoned for me to follow him.
He beckoned me my Lady.' Havelock's hands made fierce scraping movements, tearing the air in front of Terisa like hungry claws.
"He beckoned, and his scorn was still on his face. So I followed him...'
--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

'Then he turned and beckoned for me to follow him.
He beckoned me my Lady.' Havelock's hands made fierce scraping movements, tearing the air in front of Terisa like hungry claws.
"He beckoned, and his scorn was still on his face. So I followed him...'
--A
Thanks!

Sticking to the subject of Vagel...

What did Vagel say that Eremis' "real power" is, that makes him willing to play second fiddle?
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

IrrationalSanity wrote:

What did Vagel say that Eremis' "real power" is, that makes him willing to play second fiddle?
The answer to this one is so short, it doesn't lend itself well to clues. I just hope someone eventually takes this question and makes it their own...
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

IrrationalSanity wrote:
IrrationalSanity wrote:

The answer to this one is so short, it doesn't lend itself well to clues. I just hope someone eventually takes this question and makes it their own...
Not even a nibble? I felt sure someone would have their way with this question by now...
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

Nope, sorry, drawing a blank. :D

--A

Return to “Mordant's Need”